Old motel unsafe

alanjh595
Banned

Re: Old motel unsafe

Post by alanjh595 »

Home delivery of Naloxone by 8 professional firefighters, an ambulance crew of 2 for transport, and a hospital emergency staff
of 6, costs taxpayers less than a regular stand-by ?
Bring back the LIKE button.
WalterWhite
Lord of the Board

Post by WalterWhite »

esko wrote:Your missing the point. We don't need anymore of these junkie cess pools in town. Get rid of the structures. They are not adding any value to the property. The land value will continue to rise for the owner.

Not missing any point - just clarifying inaccuracies in your statement.
featfan
Guru

Post by featfan »

alanjh595 wrote:The cost of demolition would be deducted from the value of the bare land sales price. Aside from that, maybe the owner also owns adjoining property(s) that could be assembled together to fetch a bigger price in the future.

Looks like it is all one lot with the Motel behind it.
Big White motor lodge
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

How could bylaw say boo to the guy if he just does it himself.
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

Jflem1983 wrote:How could bylaw say boo to the guy if he just does it himself.

By the amount of noise and the hours of the day. Construction, (which includes deconstruction) is limited by; by-laws.

The Noise Control Bylaw regulates or prohibits the making of objectionable noise within the City of Kelowna that may disturb the quiet or enjoyment of other individuals. ... The bylaw also prohibits any construction before 7:00 a.m. or after 10:00 p.m.Sep 17, 2012
Bring back the LIKE button.
60-YEARS-in-Ktown
Guru

Post by 60-YEARS-in-Ktown »

featfan wrote:
alanjh595 wrote:The cost of demolition would be deducted from the value of the bare land sales price. Aside from that, maybe the owner also owns adjoining property(s) that could be assembled together to fetch a bigger price in the future.

Looks like it is all one lot with the Motel behind it.
Big White motor lodge

They want it to try and get Highway access to the motel, and possibly expand motel to there.
As far as I know. Their lands their choice.. not up to us.
I'd like to help You OUT,
Which way did You come in??
voice of reason
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by voice of reason »

the owner would probably save a bundle if it mysteriously burned to the ground
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

voice of reason wrote:the owner would probably save a bundle if it mysteriously burned to the ground

I'd be willing to say , " I think he's tried that " ...
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
dogspoiler
Buddha of the Board

Post by dogspoiler »

WalterWhite wrote:
Real emergencies aren't being overlooked because of calls to this, or any other site, and it's not costing taxpayers anymore than it does if they're sitting in the station playing cards.

Walter, you are very much mistaken on how much the emergency services are tied up looking after OD.s. The delays and expenses are considerable.
Black Dogs Matter
OSPunisher

Post by OSPunisher »

I did work for Witmar up until spring of this year. They know about this site, and are VERY aware of the homeless issue it creates. Unfortunately he doesn't care, and absolutely refuses to put money into anything unless he's forced to. Prime examples are the other properties owned by Witmar, most of them in extreme disrepair. Chances are the asbestos sign is fake. If it's real then it's certainly not being displayed as regulation would dictate.

I stopped working for them because everything was a cheap band-aid over the issue, and the constantly revolving door of employees got old. The attitude of management is that they are above pretty much everyone else, which I found absolutely appalling. Thankfully I got paid for all of my work but I've since run into several others that weren't.
KelownaDavid

Post by KelownaDavid »

I guess no salvage as the asbestos is there...
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

Walter, you are very much mistaken on how much the emergency services are tied up looking after OD.s. The delays and expenses are considerable.

Yeah Wally ...

If you knew the mandated "protocol" of just the BCAS , you wouldn't have posted that .

Dog is spot on ..
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
TreeGuy
Lord of the Board

Post by TreeGuy »

Drove by yesterday, its knocked down.
OSPunisher

Post by OSPunisher »

All but the rear building has been knocked down.

Knowing how much of a scheister the owner is I'd guess that the asbestos sign was just a ploy to buy some time with the city....didn't work :D
JayByrd
Lord of the Board

Post by JayByrd »

Oh yes, we have to find the "it's costing our tax dollars" angle to everything.

Like without an abandoned motel to shoot up in, the junkies will all get sober. There's no way they'd find another place to do what they do.
When someone says they pay taxes, you know they're about to be an ******e.

Return to “Central Okanagan”