Homeless house strikes fear

the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Re: Homeless house strikes fear

Post by the truth »

zoo wrote:Stopped by the gas station at 97/leathead today, had to leave. At least 6, druggie's hanging out, doing drugs, looking at the new stolen items they got.
Had a lot of tools in my pick truck box and the minute I went to go inside, an individual was already into it.
I came back and he grabbed his bike and rode around the corner to "you know where" JHS drug home.
Sorry for the businesses in the area as since opening the 2 "drug support" buildings, in that area, its becoming a hub of a new drug community.
As for the new drug city being built around the core of Rutland, you guys are domed. It's going to be infested with crime, needles, assaults, B and E's.

sad but true............
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

zoo wrote:Stopped by the gas station at 97/leathead today, had to leave. At least 6, druggie's hanging out, doing drugs, looking at the new stolen items they got.
Had a lot of tools in my pick truck box and the minute I went to go inside, an individual was already into it.
I came back and he grabbed his bike and rode around the corner to "you know where" JHS drug home.
Sorry for the businesses in the area as since opening the 2 "drug support" buildings, in that area, its becoming a hub of a new drug community.
As for the new drug city being built around the core of Rutland, you guys are domed. It's going to be infested with crime, needles, assaults, B and E's.

Right when Rutland was trying to clean up their image. It is becoming a dumping ground for everything Kelowna no longer wants. I guess we now know where the discharge pipe ends when downtown flushes.
Bring back the LIKE button.
voice of reason
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by voice of reason »

i have had to fuel up on my way to work at that petrocan a few times. it is a busy place at 4am.there is always a few dopeheads on bikes right by the ice machine and always some lurking in the trees over by the old hotel.i feel bad for the petro employees who have to deal with these folks all night long.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

one of my kids best friend worked there ,he just quiet recently, because how bad it is because of these people, , he said the staff turnover is pretty bad as you can imagine
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
dirtguy
Board Meister

Post by dirtguy »

If people were actually allowed to defend themselves and or protect property with force the theft problem would get considerably better.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

dirtguy wrote:If people were actually allowed to defend themselves and or protect property with force the theft problem would get considerably better.

problem is they can assault and rob us ,but we can not defend ourselves or else they become the victim wt :cuss:
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Likely one of the stolen bikes of Kelowna.

Now would this not be a great bait site? Drive up in a truck with a load of people under a tarp armed with pepper spray? I can see it now.

But seriously, the gas station that is allowing the loiters to hang out there is asking for a dive in business. I'll bet they are checking doors of vehicles on the side where the person filling up isn't looking. I believe this is the new "thing" to do.

This is so bad, just the beginning as jobs disappear and rents increase, sidelonged with the legalization of drugs.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
dirtguy
Board Meister

Post by dirtguy »

needles, assaults, B and E's.[/quote]

Now would this not be a great bait site? Drive up in a truck with a load of people under a tarp armed with pepper spray? I can see it now.

But seriously, the gas station that is allowing the loiters to hang out there is asking for a dive in business. I'll bet they are checking doors of vehicles on the side where the person filling up isn't looking. I believe this is the new "thing" to do.

This is so bad, just the beginning as jobs disappear and rents increase, sidelonged with the legalization of drugs.[/quote]

The stores have zero control over the tweakers hanging out
soupy
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by soupy »

dirtguy wrote:needles, assaults, B and E's.

This is so bad, just the beginning as jobs disappear and rents increase, sidelonged with the legalization of drugs.[/quote]

The stores have zero control over the tweakers hanging out[/quote]

Exactly. Unless the stores hire full-time outside security there isn't much else they can do. Even then they couldn't do any real enforcement anyhow.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

they can call the rcmp everyday, until it becomes a pain in at a--s to the drug dealing junkies
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

the truth wrote:
dirtguy wrote:If people were actually allowed to defend themselves and or protect property with force the theft problem would get considerably better.

problem is they can assault and rob us ,but we can not defend ourselves or else they become the victim wt :cuss:

The problem is that; we, as law abiding citizens, are ONLY allowed to protect our lives. Everything else is free for the taking.
Bring back the LIKE button.
zoo
Übergod

Post by zoo »

The worse area I can think of for another "illegal activity allowed" facility is going to be built on McIntosh rd in rutland. All ready a few other addiction/crime related facilities with in 5 blocks of that location. Nestled in between, families, seniors, parks, schools. This one is going to completely ruin the area there. Mayor is full of crap, to say the entire city needs to welcome them into the neighbourhood. They are dumping these places in Rutland. Because they do not want them out in the mission/Glenmore area's. What a treat for all the senior's, children to have to walk around and always have their safety at risk. :swear:
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

zoo wrote:The worse area I can think of for another "illegal activity allowed" facility is going to be built on McIntosh rd in rutland. All ready a few other addiction/crime related facilities with in 5 blocks of that location. Nestled in between, families, seniors, parks, schools. This one is going to completely ruin the area there. Mayor is full of *bleep*, to say the entire city needs to welcome them into the neighbourhood. They are dumping these places in Rutland. Because they do not want them out in the mission/Glenmore area's. What a treat for all the senior's, children to have to walk around and always have their safety at risk. :swear:

100% correct............
wanderer
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by wanderer »

Thank you to who ever reported the worthless puke walking in Springvalley area yelling and threatening people, heard he had a gun too. Someone had to have followed him to let the police know where he was walking ... thank you, thank you ... 5 cars attended and had him handcuffed and in the back of a car fairly quickly.

Please keep reporting all this crazy stuff even if it seems petty, even if you think you don't want to be involved. The mayor and city council might not care who they parachute into our neighbourhoods but we do. Keep alert, keep watching and keep reporting it helps all of our safety. We care about our neighbourhoods and our neighbours ... remember all of this next election and vote accordingly.
voice of reason
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by voice of reason »

wanderer wrote:Thank you to who ever reported the worthless puke walking in Springvalley area yelling and threatening people, heard he had a gun too. Someone had to have followed him to let the police know where he was walking ... thank you, thank you ... 5 cars attended and had him handcuffed and in the back of a car fairly quickly.

Please keep reporting all this crazy stuff even if it seems petty, even if you think you don't want to be involved. The mayor and city council might not care who they parachute into our neighbourhoods but we do. Keep alert, keep watching and keep reporting it helps all of our safety. We care about our neighbourhoods and our neighbours ... remember all of this next election and vote accordingly.

report everything. leave a paper trail . when the crime stats are released it will look horrible for the city .maybe they can get publicly shamed into doing something. doubt it but nothing else seems to be working. i think the people of rutland should report every sketchy MFer that looks at them sideways and have the police out there constantly. the city has always treated rutland like a red headed step child and now they are dumping their garbage right into their community.like a poster above said right when rutland was trying to clean up its act too

Return to “Central Okanagan”