Public Pot bylaw

voice of reason
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: Public Pot bylaw

Post by voice of reason »

abraham wrote:Complaining about pot smokers outside and it effecting your asthma is a little overboard! Unless your standing right beside them with smoke going right in your face, I don’t think you have anything to worry about!
And as far as this $500 fine for smoking in public is hilarious! It’s all the people who have the “reefer madness” mentality think all of a sudden just because weed is legal, that everyone will be smoking up on every corner or driving around high is pure ignorance! Nothing is gonna change!!!

ive had asthma for 40+ years and have been a regular pot smoker since i was a teen.as long as im using my meds regularly and on the proper inhalers. i have no problem even during the smokey summers.cigarette smoke bothers me much more but *bleep* .i grew up in the 70s and 80s when you had to just deal with it.that being said i get much more enjoyment out of edibles and using a pen for shatter/wax/budder than i do from smoking joints and consuming larger amounts of smoke to get the same effect. now you cant get edibles or concentrates.the only medicinal value in my opinion is in the edibles or cbd . smoking a joint never killed any pain for me that an advil or two wouldnt have but edibles have fixed my jacked up back and allowed me to sleep at night so many times.im glad i stocked up on medicated honey. the laws the have made are weird.they are laws made by people who dont understand the medicinal useage or the pot culture.i thing in the next 5 years the laws will be much different than they are at this given moment as to what will be available or possibly covered my medical.prices will have to drop and prodeuct will become more available. not having concentrates available to the public is just creating a situation for someone to blow themselves up again.lets make things safer and better not drive things further underground
WheelWeaves
Fledgling

Re: Public Pot bylaw

Post by WheelWeaves »

2nd hand pot smoke can be mildly intoxicating if in large volumes, and is horrible for your lungs regardless. Anyone who feels it's okay to smoke in direct proximity to a child is scum, and should have the full weight of the law thrown at them.

As someone who used to transit heavily until recently, the scum at the bus stops conveniently ignore the non-smoking designation for public gathering sites, such as transit stops, and I have seen it before legalization, heavy pot smoking at the bus stop, I can imagine it's just going to get worse.

Should those of us who like our lungs and care about our kids start carrying little squirt guns everywhere to put out nasty joints?

Return to “Central Okanagan”