Need Traffic enforcement in Kelowna

Bpeep
Mindquad

Re: Need Traffic enforcement in Kelowna

Post by Bpeep »

A couple weeks ago I was on the roads in kelowna for about 20 hours spread over a fri, sat and a sun.
During all that time and all those miles I never saw one marked police car.
They were so absent I noticed it on Friday and mentioned to my companion. By Sunday neither of us yet saw one.
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.
RVThereYet
Übergod

Post by RVThereYet »

Bpeep wrote:A couple weeks ago I was on the roads in kelowna for about 20 hours spread over a fri, sat and a sun.
During all that time and all those miles I never saw one marked police car.
They were so absent I noticed it on Friday and mentioned to my companion. By Sunday neither of us yet saw one.

Clearly your travels did not take you past any Tims locations ... ha [icon_lol2.gif]
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

They are all in Ghost cars.
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

Don't worry about the police cars you can see, worry about the ones that you can't.
Bring back the LIKE button.
RVThereYet
Übergod

Post by RVThereYet »

alanjh595 wrote:Don't worry about the police cars you can see, worry about the ones that you can't.

Why would you worry about police cars at all?
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

RVThereYet wrote:
alanjh595 wrote:Don't worry about the police cars you can see, worry about the ones that you can't.

Why would you worry about police cars at all?

Personally, I don't care. I am very careful about my driving and my parking. I stick to the laws and bylaws. I have nothing to worry about and have a stellar driving record to prove it.

My comment was directed at those that are not.
Bring back the LIKE button.
WalterWhite
Lord of the Board

Post by WalterWhite »

As a member of Ktown Speed Check on Fb I can attest by the posts there that enforcement is an ongoing process. Just because one doesn't seem them out on their own travels doesn't mean they aren't out performing enforcement somewhere else.
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

WalterWhite wrote:As a member of Ktown Speed Check on Fb I can attest by the posts there that enforcement is an ongoing process. Just because one doesn't seem them out on their own travels doesn't mean they aren't out performing enforcement somewhere else.

Yeah ...Usually on Enterprise by the Ramada ....

Point is , I'd like to see them ANYWHERE else .. At ANY other time .
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

Here's one that happened to me this am at 0800 hrs. Traveling towards the lake on Bernard, a fellow travelling towards me. We both are real close to St.Paul and the crosswalk when the light turns amber.

He pulled in front of me making his left hand turn. I am now in the intersection and stop to avoid running into him, and he stops. Like a fool he throws both hands in the air and he is *bleep* at me and his lips are flapping. He actually has me blocked in the intersection.

I lean right forward and give him the bird, not once but twice as he continues to yap off. I finally wave him off and he moves. Wished I had my truck as I have a camera and he was in a company truck.

Not sure why he felt he was all good pulling in front of me. He would have been surprised if he would have stepped out and came to me, I was not a happy camper at the time and who knows how it might have ended.
waynetyea
Fledgling

Post by waynetyea »

30 years ago i got a 110 dollar ticket going down springfield off hyw 33 and i was going 52 kph in a 50 kph zone. now i go 50 kph. and it was going down the hill.. and i have never paid for points driving 50 years and no breaks for me. thanks rcmp
AirHoss
Board Meister

Post by AirHoss »

craigor46 wrote: ...aggressive and dangerous drivers out there... cutting in and out of traffic.

This is code for “i’m terrified to make a lane change, so nobody else should either.”

Even when Kelowna does have an enforcement blitz, all they do is hide behind the bushes where ever the speed limid unduly drops from some reasonable number to 50 and nab the unsuspecting commuters as they go through. It hardly catches anyone dangerous. It’s just revenue generation and optics.
KL3-Something
Lord of the Board

Post by KL3-Something »

AirHoss wrote:
craigor46 wrote: ...aggressive and dangerous drivers out there... cutting in and out of traffic.

This is code for “i’m terrified to make a lane change, so nobody else should either.”

Even when Kelowna does have an enforcement blitz, all they do is hide behind the bushes where ever the speed limid unduly drops from some reasonable number to 50 and nab the unsuspecting commuters as they go through. It hardly catches anyone dangerous. It’s just revenue generation and optics.

Such as where exactly?
All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing.

Just to be clear: The opinions expressed above are mine and do not represent those of any other person, class of persons or organization.
KL3-Something
Lord of the Board

Post by KL3-Something »

waynetyea wrote:30 years ago i got a 110 dollar ticket going down springfield off hyw 33 and i was going 52 kph in a 50 kph zone. now i go 50 kph. and it was going down the hill.. and i have never paid for points driving 50 years and no breaks for me. thanks rcmp

That's odd...there must have been something else going on because 30 years ago the fine for speeding was $75. It was $75 until the late 90's when they added the victim surcharge and the $25 "pay early" surcharge.

Just to be clear: The opinions expressed above are mine and do not represent those of any other person, class of persons or organization.
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

Was probably a ticket for excessive speed.
:-)
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.
KL3-Something
Lord of the Board

Post by KL3-Something »

Bpeep wrote:Was probably a ticket for excessive speed.
:-)

And I suspect it wasn’t for going 52 in a 50.

Return to “Central Okanagan”