Woman dragged from street

Scrobins94
Generalissimo Postalot

Re: Woman dragged from street

Post by Scrobins94 »

Seeing how many incidents like these happen, can't the Downtown Kelowna Association encourage businesses to get surveillance cameras (if they don't have them) and share surveillance footage? I'm pretty sure that whoever that scumbag is is still wandering the streets of downtown. Probably has been there for a while too. I'm sure it would be easy to make correlations if businesses had footage and shared it so that the scumbag is caught before there is another victim.

If the woman hadn't broke free, I can only imagine the worst. We need to take these things seriously. Next time it can be your daughter, sister, mother, who knows. These scumbags NEED TO BE DEALT WITH. Hell, give them a good f*cking kick in the *bleep* and hang them from their balls if necessary. Their rights? What rights? They should have none if they don't do anything good for society, don't want to get better, and are out there to prey, assault, and rape our good citizens. I'm so f*cking p*ssed now. :swear: :swear: :swear: :swear: :swear: :swear: :swear: :swear: :swear: :swear:
Temet Nosce
Board Meister

Post by Temet Nosce »

Because_They_Lie wrote:
TreeGuy wrote:Walking alone at midnight. SMH This city isn’t safe enough for that. As a guy I wouldn’t even risk it.

Hope she is okay.

WOW - as a man you wouldn't even risk it!?

So very unfortunate that you feel so disempowered - you willingly give up your freedom for fear that your city is so over run with evil doers - so you let them win, let them have your city because you are afraid.

Where have all the cowboys gone?

"Where is my Marlboro man
Where is his shiny gun
Where is my lonely ranger
Where have all the cowboys gone
Where have all the cowboys gone
Where have all the cowboys gone"

- Paula Cole

Castanet needs a new pot smoking stoned smilie… *bleep*??
Temet Nosce
Board Meister

Post by Temet Nosce »

W. T. F. shouldn't be a bleep...come on now :biggrin:
Because_They_Lie
Banned

Post by Because_They_Lie »

the truth wrote:
Because_They_Lie wrote:
How do you know? I didn't know this. When did this all happen?

to be honest i know someone on the inside :smt045 i will leave it at that

OK.
Kelo_Can613
Fledgling

Post by Kelo_Can613 »

There's 200 000 people in Metro Kelowna and people suddenly think the city has fallen into a crime-ridden abyss because of a stranger assault? These things happen everywhere. Kelowna is a large city. While what happened is terrible and unsettling, be thankful the police and local news outlets are making such an effort to cover this event in an attempt to solve it. Instead of looking for blame, help find solutions.

If you lived elsewhere (Toronto, for example, where there's been 80+ murders so far this year), you might be signing a different tune.
Because_They_Lie
Banned

Post by Because_They_Lie »

Kelo_Can613 wrote:There's 200 000 people in Metro Kelowna and people suddenly think the city has fallen into a crime-ridden abyss because of a stranger assault? These things happen everywhere. Kelowna is a large city. While what happened is terrible and unsettling, be thankful the police and local news outlets are making such an effort to cover this event in an attempt to solve it. Instead of looking for blame, help find solutions.

If you lived elsewhere (Toronto, for example, where there's been 80+ murders so far this year), you might be signing a different tune.

Metro Kelowna - that's funny.

I think some people take it to the extreme, you know...believing the media hype (that you think we should be thankful for)

There is a curiosity to this particular case, simply due to the fact that these things happen on the daily (just as you point out) but this one - this one is "special" for some reason... at least to those you tell us we should be thankful for - the media and the RCMP (The Team) - curiosity asks why this one is special.

I am not thankful to or for the RCMP - a failure to the people.
Here is a minute portion of evidence of their failure:
https://www.castanet.net/news/Vernon/239105/Valley-of-missing-women

The solution is; most importantly learn self and family protection, do away with laws that infringe on the individual and family rights to self defense - then form a police team elected by the people for the people of the community.

First however, the community must acknowledge what is not working.

I bet this entire media event is nothing more than a small scale publicity stunt from a wanna be mayor - what a nice guy - what a good guy.... I bet it works too. ;)
LANDM
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LANDM »

Because_They_Lie wrote:
Metro Kelowna - that's funny.

I think some people take it to the extreme, you know...believing the media hype (that you think we should be thankful for)

There is a curiosity to this particular case, simply due to the fact that these things happen on the daily (just as you point out) but this one - this one is "special" for some reason... at least to those you tell us we should be thankful for - the media and the RCMP (The Team) - curiosity asks why this one is special.

I am not thankful to or for the RCMP - a failure to the people.
Here is a minute portion of evidence of their failure:
https://www.castanet.net/news/Vernon/239105/Valley-of-missing-women

The solution is; most importantly learn self and family protection, do away with laws that infringe on the individual and family rights to self defense - then form a police team elected by the people for the people of the community.

First however, the community must acknowledge what is not working.

I bet this entire media event is nothing more than a small scale publicity stunt from a wanna be mayor - what a nice guy - what a good guy.... I bet it works too. ;)

An elected police force... yeah that works out well in the US.

At least you are formulating a thought that blames a real person (the mayor) rather than aliens landing on our flat earth.
Good conspiracy theory though.....a mayoral candidate fabricating the assault. [icon_lol2.gif]
You and 71 others Like this post
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

Booby says it was a stolen skateboard so no lead re sales
SOmeone knows who the creep it, wish they would turn him in
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

ya and john howard houses criminals and enable them to hide and keep on stealing and they will not kick them out because an empty bed does not get them $$$$$

Empty beds don't stay empty long. They will never miss a paid bed night there or at the Mission. They literally line up in the hopes of getting one.

The rules at both places are pretty strict so saying that they are "harboring known criminals" is more than a bit of a stretch.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

Kelo_Can613 wrote:There's 200 000 people in Metro Kelowna and people suddenly think the city has fallen into a crime-ridden abyss because of a stranger assault? These things happen everywhere. Kelowna is a large city. While what happened is terrible and unsettling, be thankful the police and local news outlets are making such an effort to cover this event in an attempt to solve it. Instead of looking for blame, help find solutions.

Not sure where you got the pop stats but Kelowna, which includes several outlying areas is only around 125,000 people. Kelowna is not a large city, it is a large town and our crime rate sems to be disproportionate for a town this size. I am sure that the residents of Toronto are adequately concerned about their own crime rate which is not comparable to ours given that the GTA is about 3.5m people.
crookedmember
Banned

Post by crookedmember »

Because_They_Lie wrote:

Yup. Yup.

We need poorly trained, redneck, sadistic cops with no qualms about shootin' the coloreds and stand your ground laws so Canada can be just as safe and crime-free as 'merica.

Jesus.
All posts 100% moderator approved!
crookedmember
Banned

Post by crookedmember »

Canada is the 6th safest country in the world (in spite of being located just north of the shooting gallery that ranks 121).

I'd say our cops, courts, justice system and lawmakers are doing pretty well.

I feel sad for the young lady, but bad things sometimes happen everywhere.

https://www.cntraveler.com/stories/2016 ... -visit-are
All posts 100% moderator approved!
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

mexi cali wrote:Not sure where you got the pop stats but Kelowna, which includes several outlying areas is only around 125,000 people. Kelowna is not a large city, it is a large town and our crime rate sems to be disproportionate for a town this size. I am sure that the residents of Toronto are adequately concerned about their own crime rate which is not comparable to ours given that the GTA is about 3.5m people.

Kelowna has a population of 194,882
Wikipedia

179,839 in 2011 per Stats Canada

https://www12.statcan.gc.ca/census-rece ... 50&S=3&O=D
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
kgcayenne
Buddha of the Board

Post by kgcayenne »

Fancy wrote:
mexi cali wrote:Not sure where you got the pop stats but Kelowna, which includes several outlying areas is only around 125,000 people. Kelowna is not a large city, it is a large town and our crime rate sems to be disproportionate for a town this size. I am sure that the residents of Toronto are adequately concerned about their own crime rate which is not comparable to ours given that the GTA is about 3.5m people.

Kelowna has a population of 194,882
Wikipedia

179,839 in 2011 per Stats Canada

https://www12.statcan.gc.ca/census-rece ... 50&S=3&O=D
2011.... this is late 2018 that makes the estimate of 194k people sound reasonable given growth and land development.
"without knowledge, he multiplies mere words."
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids.
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

One of several sites that put it at around 125k. One says that by 2040, it will be around 178k. The stats Can site includes West Kelowna, which as we all know, is not Kelowna.

kelowna pop.PNG

Return to “Central Okanagan”