Serial offender caught...

dle
Lord of the Board

Serial offender caught...

Post by dle »

https://www.castanet.net/news/Kelowna/2 ... l-offender

AWESOME! Hope they lock his rotten *bleep* up for a good long time!

Photos of the masked suspect were distributed to local media, and within hours he was arrested.

Neil Lingor, 32, of Kelowna, was taken into custody and charged with break and enter to commit an offence, possession of break-in instruments, disguising his face with intent to commit an offence, and breach of bail.

BUT

He was released from custody on Oct. 18, and went right back to committing crimes.[/i]

Now, correct me if I am reading this wrong, but looks like they had him, they LET HIM GO, he robbed again - duh!

[i]He has been released and is expected to appear in court Nov. 19 at 2 p.m.
!!!!

Thanks Judge! Put him right back out there to rip us off some more - are our Judges bloody nuts? Why did they let him go?

GRRRR! :swear:
pieinthei
Generalissimo Postalot

Re: Serial offender caught...

Post by pieinthei »

The fool is the one who believes he'll show up to court on Nov. 19 at 2 p.m. NOT A HOPE IN HELL! He'll be busy ripping off anyone else he can.
soupy
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by soupy »

Judge should be named as an accessory to the crime if he is caught stealing again prior to his court date.
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

I don't know how anyone can give any of these skels any compassion.
I did once, and all they did was steal more.

Lock them up until they're clean of their meth addiction.
Let them out.
Repeat as nessecary.
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.
keepitreal
Fledgling

Post by keepitreal »

how does the old expression go?......."fool me once shame on you. "fool me twice shame on me". Lord love me this judical system is screwed up.
dle
Lord of the Board

Post by dle »

pieinthei wrote:The fool is the one who believes he'll show up to court on Nov. 19 at 2 p.m. NOT A HOPE IN HELL! He'll be busy ripping off anyone else he can.

Oct 17 - he robs, within hours is arrested and charged
Oct 18 - he is RELEASED and within hours is stealing again
Oct 23 - he tries to sell stolen goods, arrested again & at some point LET GO AGAIN!!!!

So I'm afraid I can't even blame the Judge this time which I did ....he hasn't even made it to the Judge - the cops had him TWICE after he was charged and they are the ones who let him go!!! So was it a sting operation? They let him go so he would try to sell the generator? Still, how many other people got robbed and damaged property in the meantime?

WTH???
pieinthei
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by pieinthei »

he needs a new career.. obviously he's lousy at stealing (and getting away).. maybe he should try selling drugs to better thieves..
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

Wonder which on site he was using to sell the generator, people could check it for all their missing items
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second
dakoda62
Fledgling

Post by dakoda62 »

I disagree with Sharia law, however maybe it is time to start removing hands and feet
dle
Lord of the Board

Post by dle »

normaM wrote:Wonder which on site he was using to sell the generator, people could check it for all their missing items

yes and another bonus might be that if everyone starts going on the site and finding their stuff the thieves will have one less place to sell their stolen property for fear of having the cops show up for the buy.....but oh wait, I forgot, there is that one little hitch to that - you know, the cops just letting thieves go....
one wheel
Übergod

Post by one wheel »

What is the real story here can the police not keep a person in custody anymore ? Isn't a breach of bail a serious enough charge to have him locked up until his court date ?

We have the prison in Oliver why is that not used ? Each day brings on more bewilderment, it's just a gong show at best ?
Andy S
Board Meister

Post by Andy S »

Confused. If "DO" on the court update means "detention order", then what's going on ?
Attachments
Oct25_18_01.jpg
One can always reason with reason.
Puffie40

Post by Puffie40 »

normaM wrote:Wonder which on site he was using to sell the generator, people could check it for all their missing items

Facebook marketplace. I saw a post on a buy&sell group there from the generator owner detailing the arrest.
JaredC302

Post by JaredC302 »

dle wrote:
Oct 17 - he robs, within hours is arrested and charged
Oct 18 - he is RELEASED and within hours is stealing again
Oct 23 - he tries to sell stolen goods, arrested again & at some point LET GO AGAIN!!!!

So I'm afraid I can't even blame the Judge this time which I did ....he hasn't even made it to the Judge - the cops had him TWICE after he was charged and they are the ones who let him go!!! So was it a sting operation? They let him go so he would try to sell the generator? Still, how many other people got robbed and damaged property in the meantime?

WTH???

I can assure you this person was not released from the police, he went to court and was released...before you blame someone, maybe go to the court house and see what the facts are as they are all public record.
JaredC302

Post by JaredC302 »

one wheel wrote:What is the real story here can the police not keep a person in custody anymore ? Isn't a breach of bail a serious enough charge to have him locked up until his court date ?

We have the prison in Oliver why is that not used ? Each day brings on more bewilderment, it's just a gong show at best ?

The police have a set of reasons to release someone on "paper" or to hold for court. This gentleman would have been held for court by the police and a judge would have released him on conditions etc

Return to “Central Okanagan”