"My Bad-Just Got An Explorer, It's My First Vehicle"

alanjh595
Banned

Re: "My Bad-Just Got An Explorer, It's My First Vehicle"

Post by alanjh595 »

Urban Cowboy wrote:Just wait, with the type of society we live in now, don't be surprised if some shyster lawyer gets involved, and sues the property owner, for daring to put a swamp where solid earth should have been to accommodate the trespasser. [icon_lol2.gif]

:spitcoffee: :laugh:

:popcorn:
Bring back the LIKE button.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Because_They_Lie wrote:12 pages of "opinions" on others peoples behavior.

This entire thing is a joke, there are real criminals in this world and this "incident" has 12 pages within a short time.

Were none of you young once? did none of take a joy ride when you first got your licence or your first vehicle? pretty sure you did.
Everyone makes decisions that could have repercussions and bad decisions should be paid for one way or another. Pretty sure the majority that gets their licence and their first vehicle didn't destroy it right off the bat with such idiocy. Everyone I know looked after their first vehicle and I sure didn't go for a joy ride in mine. Being young doesn't absolve anyone from their responsibilities. No one knows her age to start with - she may not be that young.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
kgcayenne
Buddha of the Board

Post by kgcayenne »

She may not ‘be that young’, but her head is ‘that far’ up her *bleep*.
"without knowledge, he multiplies mere words."
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids.
Treblehook
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Treblehook »

countmeout wrote:Don't create a stigma around ALL off roaders and dirt bikers. Be a fair and reaonable person. A quick google search finds our local Okanagan club:
https://www.okanagantrailriders.com/gallery

I urge you to have a look at all the responsibility taken by this group. There are many more groups in other towns helping to create a safe respectful place to play.

The garbage and mess you see is also cleaned up by local 4x4 groups. Stave Lake cleanups in Mission BC have made the news before for the good work they do. There are a few bad apples which have caused your view. Please open up to the idea that most people who use the outdoors do respect it tremendously. I believe that it is true most respect the outdoors becasue they enjoy to use it themselves and don't want to see it dirty and ruined.

I cannot disagree with your comments. Perhaps I should have added the fact that it is not all 4x4 and ATV enthusiasts who are causing the problem. Like everything else, it is usually a few irresponsible fools who are guilty of this kind of behavior. I do believe there is a need for more enforcement of the laws that protect our environment, particularly in our interface areas. Maybe if a few of these folks got some hefty fines, it would cause a change in their actions.
WheelWeaves
Fledgling

Post by WheelWeaves »

as82 wrote:Everyone here is so eager to jump on someone and complain and call them stupid. To be outraged about...what are we outraged about here....environmental damage....really.

Person gets a 4 wheel drive vehicle....goes offroading...gets stuck and needs pulled out.
For those who have never been offroading this happens pretty much every time you go out, so you normally go with multiple friends/vehicles/recovery equipment. But she's new to the activity...I'm guessing she's now figured out why its important to bring friends/vehicles/recovery equipment, and will next time.

Is everyone here REALLY that concerned about the frogs and bugs she disturbed, or are you just joining the "outrage culture" that gets offended any time people try and do anything. She's on private property, and that is a valid complaint, maybe give her some direction on how to find out where she is allowed to 4-wheel....no instead lets all be internet tough guys and talk about how we'd destroy her vehicle or try and force her into unnecessary expenses.

It really seems like a lot of the people here are just lurking waiting to get mad and criticize people.

Uhm, while I personally find offroaders to be destructive, arrogant and genuinely a lower subspecies of human, I can respect that some people genuinely enjoy offroading, but most people know where to do it responsibly. This is a case of an extremely ignorant, and entitled human being just pointing to a random spot 10 feet off the road, saying "hey! i have an explorer, this can drive through anything!" and messing up someones property, and violating wildlife protection acts.

This should not be taken lightly, and anyone who enjoys offroading should be even more PO'd than the rest of us as this paints them even worse than the mutts up at postill.
Swacked

Post by Swacked »

Drove past this area just this morning and that Exploder is still buried in there.Guess some people just don’t give a chit! :-X
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

welcome to kelowna.................
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
TreeGuy
Lord of the Board

Post by TreeGuy »

Castanet needs to do some follow up reporting on this.
Attachments
4E8FC1CC-8383-47CF-B876-859C1037A540.gif
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

If we didn't have inquiring minds, threads on a simple thing wouldn't blow up to dozens of pages. :up:

That the truck is still there is a testament that she hasnt' figured out Gofund Me yet, "Help, need cash to get my truck out of a swamp. Etc."
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

^^ if she couldn't figure out what was wrong with what she was doing I wouldn't hold my breath about figuring out Gofund Me.
Might be the home owner has expectations as well. She could be charged with trespassing if the home owner isn't notified.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
vinnied
Lord of the Board

Post by vinnied »

Said it before. This truck is now the responsibility of the property owners.
We all know you can dump garbage in someone else's yard, and its the homeowners responsibility. I see this as no different.
Chances are, that truck wasn't even registered in her name. Hope everyone got the appropriate information when this incident first happened. Sometimes a name goes a long ways on facebook in order to get things rolling. Just sayin
[(4-Hydroxybutyl)azanediyl]di(hexane-6,1-diyl) bis(2-hexyldecanoate), ALC-0315 equivalent, is a ionizable, physiological pH cationic synthetic lipid that is used with other lipids to form lipid nanoparticles(LNP) for drug delivery, For research use only.
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

as82 wrote: Everyone here is so eager to jump on someone and complain and call them stupid. To be outraged about...what are we outraged about here....environmental damage....really.

No .. I'd call it personal responsibility

by Swacked » Today, 1:58 pm

Drove past this area just this morning and that Exploder is still buried in there.Guess some people just don’t give a chit!

STILL there ???.. Over to YOU
as82
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
WalterWhite
Lord of the Board

Post by WalterWhite »

Who knows, maybe conservation has instructed it be left where it is for the winter to lessen further damage to amphibious wildlife that have just started to enter winter hibernation. As just mentioned by Treeguy, a follow up story from Castanet News sure would be handy.
Hassel99
Lord of the Board

Post by Hassel99 »

More like first Stolen Vehicle.....
bob vernon
Lord of the Board

Post by bob vernon »

I'm pretty sure that when she drove off road, and purposely that far into the swamp, she voided her ICBC insurance. The vehicle is now a total write-off with all the water damage. The ownership of the vehicle now? Maybe the landowner or maybe ICBC. Maybe the young lady, but she'd be on the hook for the removal of the vehicle. I imagine the young lady will just try to walk away from it. ICBC should remove it, and put the bill on her tab with them (or maybe daddy's) and force her (or him) to pay for the removal before she ever insures another vehicle.

Return to “Central Okanagan”