Stealing from kids

Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Re: Stealing from kids

Post by Fancy »

the truth wrote: Apr 14th, 2022, 11:26 am
Hornswoggle wrote: Apr 14th, 2022, 8:54 am Any updates on this creep? last i read the judge wouldn't even let the reporters in the court room
couver up
It's not a conspiracy. Court cases and results take time. it's not even been 3 weeks.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Piecemaker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Piecemaker »

Hornswoggle wrote: Apr 14th, 2022, 8:54 am Any updates on this creep? last i read the judge wouldn't even let the reporters in the court room
couver up, safe bet they are trying to keep the useless incompetent ministry out of it as much as possible
You always go for the worst possible reason. Must be joyful living with such a negative outlook. The story clearly stated that the lawyers and the judge were meeting to set a sentencing date. The judge did not think the personal schedules of the parties involved was anyone's business. No cover up. No conspiracy. Just routine court administrative matters that happen every business day in courts across Canada.
It's possible to do all the right things and still get a bad result.
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

Piecemaker wrote: Apr 15th, 2022, 8:21 pm
couver up, safe bet they are trying to keep the useless incompetent ministry out of it as much as possible
You always go for the worst possible reason. Must be joyful living with such a negative outlook. The story clearly stated that the lawyers and the judge were meeting to set a sentencing date. The judge did not think the personal schedules of the parties involved was anyone's business. No cover up. No conspiracy. Just routine court administrative matters that happen every business day in courts across Canada.
:up: :up: :up: :up: :up:
Bring back the LIKE button.
JayByrd
Lord of the Board

Post by JayByrd »

If they wanted to meet in secret, they wouldn't schedule a court date and then not allow people to attend. They would just meet. In secret.

Come on, guys.
When someone says they pay taxes, you know they're about to be an ******e.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

JayByrd wrote: Apr 16th, 2022, 8:12 am If they wanted to meet in secret, they wouldn't schedule a court date and then not allow people to attend. They would just meet. In secret.

Come on, guys.
side deals are made all the time, that is a simple fact,that people that live in the real world know
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Piecemaker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Piecemaker »

the truth wrote: Apr 16th, 2022, 10:18 am
JayByrd wrote: Apr 16th, 2022, 8:12 am If they wanted to meet in secret, they wouldn't schedule a court date and then not allow people to attend. They would just meet. In secret.

Come on, guys.
side deals are made all the time, that is a simple fact,that people that live in the real world know
If that were the case, a plea wouldn't have been entered and a sentencing hearing lasting more than a week has been held. People that live in the real world know that there are tons of routinely scheduled meetings related to court dates held all over the country.
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

Piecemaker wrote: Apr 16th, 2022, 1:04 pm

If that were the case, a plea wouldn't have been entered and a sentencing hearing lasting more than a week has been held. People that live in the real world know that there are tons of routinely scheduled meetings related to court dates held all over the country.
:up: :up: :up: EXACTLY :up: :up:
Piecemaker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Piecemaker »

The "useless incompetent ministry" is not the defendant nor the trying the case. When someone steals money from an organization, be it a non-profit, business or government entity, law enforcement investigates and the forwards a recommendation for charges to the Crown. The Crown then decides whether or not to charge the individual. The non-profit, business or government entity is not on trial for the theft.
JayByrd
Lord of the Board

Post by JayByrd »

Yes, I went into some detail on that back on Page 16. But thanks for the tip. I don't have much of a handle on legal stuff, I only know what Castanet tells me.

I'm interested in how you think MCFD would be involved in the sentencing phase of this trial, and why you think there are hush hush meetings to keep them out of it. Care to explain?
When someone says they pay taxes, you know they're about to be an ******e.
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

JayByrd wrote: Apr 16th, 2022, 2:56 pm

Yes, I went into some detail on that back on Page 16. But thanks for the tip. I don't have much of a handle on legal stuff, I only know what Castanet tells me.

I'm interested in how you think MCFD would be involved in the sentencing phase of this trial, and why you think there are hush hush meetings to keep them out of it. Care to explain?
:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:
Okk

Post by Okk »

Tues and Wed are the days
Odieo

Post by Odieo »

Nothing in the news? Is court still ongoing?
Okk

Post by Okk »

Absolutely nothing in the news, I agree. I wonder if it was rescheduled

“How these aggravating factors will ultimately impact Saunders' eventual sentence will be discussed during sentencing submission on June 22 and 23. The Crown's sentencing position is unknown at this time.”

https://www.castanet.net/news/Kelowna/3 ... care-Judge
Last edited by Okk on Jun 23rd, 2022, 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

'Greed, pure and simple': Crown seeks 6-8 year jail sentence for disgraced social worker Robert Riley Saunders

https://www.castanet.net/news/Kelowna/3 ... ers#372805
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
just popping in
Lord of the Board

Post by just popping in »

IMO 6-8 yrs is not long enough, he should be sentenced for the 17 yrs he pretended to be a Social Worker.

Return to “Central Okanagan”