Stealing from kids

Re: Stealing from kids

Postby the truth » Dec 29th, 2019, 10:55 am

I’m not even sure if they can alert the authorities due to privacy laws.[/quote]

its one thing to have the ok to take money out, its another thing to close the acct of someone , on the surface looks like the bank :cuss: up also
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell

1791 likes this post.
the truth
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 10910 posts

Postby two_shoes1mit » Dec 29th, 2019, 11:19 am

Can I close a joint bank account by myself?
Close the account in person
It's not necessary to bring along all the people who share the account as most banks let any holder of a joint account to close it unilaterally. However, joint accounts must have a zero balance in order to close them.
two_shoes1mit
Fledgling

Liked in: 272 posts

Postby the truth » Dec 29th, 2019, 1:58 pm

there must be some kind of safety net for workers not to steal money this way is there not ??
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
the truth
Buddha of the Board

Postby two_shoes1mit » Dec 29th, 2019, 2:07 pm

Its called integrity.
two_shoes1mit
Fledgling

Postby the truth » Dec 29th, 2019, 2:12 pm

two_shoes1mit wrote:Its called integrity.
for sure but its got to be more than that
the truth
Buddha of the Board

Postby two_shoes1mit » Dec 29th, 2019, 2:21 pm

If they have it in their employees - its all that is needed.
two_shoes1mit
Fledgling

Postby Anonymous123 » Dec 29th, 2019, 2:53 pm

two_shoes1mit wrote:Can I close a joint bank account by myself?
Close the account in person
It's not necessary to bring along all the people who share the account as most banks let any holder of a joint account to close it unilaterally. However, joint accounts must have a zero balance in order to close them.

And he emptied the accounts and closed them.

https://www.castanet.net/news/Kelowna/2 ... -in-system

Mirroring numerous other allegations by other former children in his care, TG says the Kelowna social worker used the money from the joint account to pay for his own mortgage and trips, before closing the account in January 2018 and completely emptying the account.
We See
We Judge
We Get Muzzled
Anonymous123
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 2644 posts

Postby TJSmith » Dec 29th, 2019, 3:12 pm

60-YEARS-in-Ktown wrote:To be honest here, I think a few of your are putting a lot of blame on the Credit Union.
And while I am not trying to say they did not play a part in this, I am thinking, it may have only involved one or two employees..

But hey.... guilt by association.... it's pretty common on here by those that complain the most...

It’ll be interesting to see how this plays out with the bank. Was it a case of the banks nnocence, negligence or did Saunders have a contact at the bank that assisted him in creating joint accounts?
Last edited by TJSmith on Dec 29th, 2019, 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

3 people like this post.
TJSmith
Übergod

Liked in: 817 posts

Postby kgcayenne » Dec 29th, 2019, 3:16 pm

I have a joint account with my daughter at TD. No changes, like closing that account or initiating overdraft, can be made without both signatures. This Credit union scenario seems so weird.
"without knowledge, he multiplies mere words."
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids.

2 people like this post.
kgcayenne
Walks on Forum Water

Liked in: 5348 posts

Postby Boda » Dec 29th, 2019, 4:28 pm

kgcayenne wrote:I have a joint account with my daughter at TD. No changes, like closing that account or initiating overdraft, can be made without both signatures. This Credit union scenario seems so weird.

I agree requiring both signatures is the defined rule but I don't think the tellers are necessarily trained to enforce.
I know of another example also at TD where an estranged husband single handedly (on line), authorized funds be drawn from a joint accounts line of credit.
After the dispersed funds were brought to attention of the second signatory party the Bank wouldn't allow the account shut down without both signatures.
Boda
Generalissimo Postalot

Liked in: 271 posts

Postby dogspoiler » Dec 29th, 2019, 4:35 pm

I would like to know how much is the Ministry giving those kids ?
Black Dogs Matter
dogspoiler
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 3915 posts

Postby the truth » Dec 29th, 2019, 6:28 pm

dogspoiler wrote:I would like to know how much is the Ministry giving those kids ?
as much as there staff is stealing from the looks of it

1791 likes this post.
the truth
Buddha of the Board

Postby Odieo » Dec 30th, 2019, 1:46 pm

His pic is on FB under name of removed be that hard to find!!??
The scumbag needs to be brought to justices
Last edited by Catsumi on Dec 30th, 2019, 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Potentially libelous

3 people like this post.
Odieo

Liked in: 18 posts

Postby Mtn Biker » Dec 30th, 2019, 2:41 pm

What sad commentary this story shares. It is pretty clear to me that our government ran institutions are some of the most corrupt in our country. From the RCMP, to all levels of government, including the health authorities … they are all corrupt in some form, have employees who frequently bend the rules for personal gain, are way over compensated for what they produce, and worse yet, this type of problem exists everywhere, and it seems nothing is being done about it.

It’s a sad world when the very people empowered to help others, actually steal from them and get away with it. This clown needs some public shaming and private discipline … at the least.

4 people like this post.
Mtn Biker
Generalissimo Postalot

Liked in: 453 posts

Postby TJSmith » Dec 31st, 2019, 6:05 pm

Mtn Biker wrote:What sad commentary this story shares. It is pretty clear to me that our government ran institutions are some of the most corrupt in our country. From the RCMP, to all levels of government, including the health authorities … they are all corrupt in some form, have employees who frequently bend the rules for personal gain, are way over compensated for what they produce, and worse yet, this type of problem exists everywhere, and it seems nothing is being done about it.

It’s a sad world when the very people empowered to help others, actually steal from them and get away with it. This clown needs some public shaming and private discipline … at the least.

The public deserves to know the details of this case, especially about the internal dysfunction that seems apparent within a system that allowed this to happen via potential maliciousness and negligence.

3 people like this post.
TJSmith
Übergod

Liked in: 817 posts

Previous

Return to Central Okanagan