Übergod

Re: Know the Facts Before Passing Judgement/Postal strike

Post by westbankkid »

That would probably be an improvement in their labour force.j
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Parcel from China arrived today but the tracking still shows it waiting to clear Customs. lol
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
Merry
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Merry »

westbankkid wrote:I'm waiting for a parcel from Missisauga mailed Dec. 4, Expedited delivery. Every day I get a notice from Canada Post extending the delivery by 1 day telling me "Parcel may be delayed due to Labour Disruption". The delivery date today is Dec. 21. Yesterday it was the 20th.

That happened with the parcels I mailed as well; the tracking showed them as being held up enroute due to the labour dispute, and every day the expected delivery date was extended by one more day. Then, all of a sudden, on the 11th the message suddenly showed as being "out for delivery" (even though the expected delivery date was still showing the 19th). That expected delivery date only changed when the "out for delivery" message was changed to "delivered".
"In a world swathed in political correctness, the voting booth remains the final sanctuary where the people are free to speak" - Clifford Orwin
Anonymous123
Lord of the Board

Post by Anonymous123 »

https://www.castanet.net/news/Letters/244498/A-postie-fires-back

A postie fires back
Contributed - Dec 13, 2018 / 2:34 pm | Story: 244498
So, from my stand point, aka, age of 60, the very last of the baby boomers, you older people want us to deliver your mail in ice and snow (which you can't even clear from your doorstep to the sidewalk) because you can't at the very least come to the end of your property?

You don't seem to care how much weight our deteriorating backs, arms, legs and wrists can carry.

Catherine Knox

Well Catherine, do you think it's just "posties" that have age related problems. It seems like you don't care about the floor layer that can't continue on with his job due to age related "deteriorating back, arms, legs and wrists"? Or the brick layer, or the construction worker? Typical reaction from a unionized postal worker. Oh, and by the way, you're not "the very last of the baby boomers".
Be careful when you follow the masses.
Sometimes the M is silent
WalterWhite
Lord of the Board

Post by WalterWhite »

Anonymous123 wrote:https://www.castanet.net/news/Letters/244498/A-postie-fires-back

A postie fires back
Contributed - Dec 13, 2018 / 2:34 pm | Story: 244498
So, from my stand point, aka, age of 60, the very last of the baby boomers, you older people want us to deliver your mail in ice and snow (which you can't even clear from your doorstep to the sidewalk) because you can't at the very least come to the end of your property?

You don't seem to care how much weight our deteriorating backs, arms, legs and wrists can carry.

Catherine Knox

Well Catherine, do you think it's just "posties" that have age related problems. It seems like you don't care about the floor layer that can't continue on with his job due to age related "deteriorating back, arms, legs and wrists"? Or the brick layer, or the construction worker? Typical reaction from a unionized postal worker. Oh, and by the way, you're not "the very last of the baby boomers".

Poster child for the adage "better to be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt". Well done Catherine Knox. smh
westbankkid
Übergod

Post by westbankkid »

Latest from Canada Post on my delivery.

Delivery By Canada Post
Tracking ID
Saturday, 15 December
12:01 AM
Delay in delivery due to external factors
OTTAWA, ON CA
Friday, 14 December
7:57 PM
Departure Scan
RICHMOND, BC CA
7:57 PM
Shipment received by carrier
RICHMOND, BC CA
2:11 PM
Arrival Scan
RICHMOND, BC CA
12:01 AM
Delay in delivery due to external factors
OTTAWA, ON CA
Thursday, 13 December
Package has shipped
Times are shown in the local time zone.

Seems it left Richmond Friday but is delayed in Ottawa. Our glorious inefficient Post Office at work....
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

Poor Catherine.
We should start a GFM for her.
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.
one wheel
Übergod

Post by one wheel »

Over the many years I've always had great postal people delivering to me, always friendly & happy.

Never once have I mailed something that got lost or stolen ? I'm referring to mailing in Canada not to other countries.
Shipping anything today costs plenty & I've found Canada Post is equal to the other carriers in both the price & delivery times, in Canada.

If you want guaranteed 3 day delivery, Canada Post can do that too, but of course it's going to cost you extra ?
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Well I was pleasantly surprised. The parcels that were to be delivered after Christmas have already been delivered. So much for the delay.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat

Return to “Central Okanagan”