Know the Facts Before Passing Judgement/Postal strike

Btfsplck
Fledgling

Re: Know the Facts Before Passing Judgement

Post by Btfsplck »

I feel sorry for postal workers whenever I see them whining how hard there job is. Not because they have it so rough, but because they are so clueless how hard other jobs are out there in the real world. Navel gazers.
Whine as you will posties, but your job is a cake walk compared to most jobs out in the real world.
W105
Guru

Post by W105 »

can't really call postal workers stupid for picking that line of work...great wages and benefits for basically walking all day..

just like Government Liquor Store employees...great wages and benefits for moving booze boxes around, stocking shelves and working the tills...

back in the day those 2 jobs were wanted by everybody...why ?? great wages and benefits for not so hard work..

why get a job that's harder for the same pay when you can get one that's easier for the same pay..seems kind of smart to me...
LTD
Lord of the Board

Post by LTD »

W105 wrote:can't really call postal workers stupid for picking that line of work...great wages and benefits for basically walking all day..

just like Government Liquor Store employees...great wages and benefits for moving booze boxes around, stocking shelves and working the tills...

back in the day those 2 jobs were wanted by everybody...why ?? great wages and benefits for not so hard work..

why get a job that's harder for the same pay when you can get one that's easier for the same pay..seems kind of smart to me...

seems kinda lazy to me I like seeing and feeling some accomplishment at the end of the day
60-YEARS-in-Ktown
Guru

Post by 60-YEARS-in-Ktown »

WalterWhite wrote:Posties are nothing more than self-glorified newspaper carriers with pensions and benefits.

As a young lad I had experience in this matter .
We probably worked harder for less money., and we got up earlier, real early, had to be at school around 8 am.
Many time we rode our bikes in the snow from near Burtch and Sutherland, to downtown to the Capital News, then to our routes to deliver, then home to get ready for school.
I'd like to help You OUT,
Which way did You come in??
W105
Guru

Post by W105 »

I get that LTD...but some wanna work less for more $$ and let's not forget these types of jobs have great pensions...something that many jobs today don't have...

it's weird that Government Liquor store employees do the exact same thing as a min wage (with zero benefits) workers that work in beer stores and liquor depots, but the booze all costs the same...
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

W105 wrote:can't really call postal workers stupid for picking that line of work...great wages and benefits for basically walking all day..

I might be in the market for a new job come Friday ...

I wonder if BCLD is hiring ??

Anyone got a link ???
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

MAPearce wrote:

Anyone got a link ???

Got any relatives working at the post office? :biggrin:
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
OKkayak
Walks on Forum Water

Post by OKkayak »

boxman180 wrote:Rate of injuries have gone up since this study was done.

What kind of injuries are those? Have fatalities gone up as well?
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
southy
Lord of the Board

Post by southy »

MAPearce wrote:

Anyone got a link ???

Here ya go … https://www.wowjobs.ca/posting/YIkIIUFO ... XP6Q?isp=0
boxman180
Fledgling

Post by boxman180 »

Again, you haven't done my job so you really don't know. And I haven't done your job either but I'm willing to stand up and ADMIT I don't know.
LiamHaddock
Übergod

Post by LiamHaddock »

boxman180 wrote:Again, you haven't done my job so you really don't know. And I haven't done your job either but I'm willing to stand up and ADMIT I don't know.

We don't need to do your job to know... Your a glorified paper boy.... Get over yourself. Good pay and benefits. No one cares about how hard you claim it is to walk around with a mail bag.
WalterWhite
Lord of the Board

Post by WalterWhite »

boxman180 wrote:Again, you haven't done my job so you really don't know. And I haven't done your job either but I'm willing to stand up and ADMIT I don't know.

The difference however is no one else is coming on community forums whining and complaining about how hard their jobs are and getting their nose out of joint when the masses don’t hold a pity party. It’s called “work” for a reason, so as others have said - “suck it up buttercup” - especially since you clearly have no idea how soft you actually have it.
cuba108
Fledgling

Post by cuba108 »

MAPearce wrote:

Anyone got a link ???

BCLD is a union shop, they wouldn’t have you, keep to your minimum wage jobs.
If no one has died on the table, you have not done enough surgeries.
OKkayak
Walks on Forum Water

Post by OKkayak »

Fancy wrote:https://www.canada.ca/en/employment-social-development/services/health-safety/reports/statistical-2015.html#h2.1

Thanks Fancy :up:

Return to “Central Okanagan”