9 million dollar face lift to City Park

featfan
Guru

Re: 9 million dollar face lift to City Park

Post by featfan »

Found this on cbc

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british- ... -1.3890557

Kelowna's beloved Ogopogo statue will also be moved from its location next to the Sails statue onto the promenade, in a much more photogenic location, said Gibbs.

A concrete parking lot in the park will be turned into green space.
Anonymous123
Lord of the Board

Post by Anonymous123 »

featfan wrote:Found this on cbc

Kelowna's beloved Ogopogo statue will also be moved from its location next to the Sails statue onto the promenade, in a much more photogenic location, said Gibbs.

The Ogopogo must be in Westcorps way. It's been there since the early '50s.

image.jpeg
Be careful when you follow the masses.
Sometimes the M is silent
dle
Lord of the Board

Post by dle »

Anonymous123 wrote:
featfan wrote:Found this on cbc

The Ogopogo must be in Westcorps way. It's been there since the early '50s.

image.jpeg

yeah.....our whole city is in Westcorp's way.....
Noisy Boater
Übergod

Post by Noisy Boater »

Bicycles should be banned from city park. Stay out on the road with cars. You have bike lanes. The majority race thru here like idiots late for something dinging there bells for me to move!! Fat chance. Clip me with your 2 wheeler you will need a four wheeler . I hate bikers in the park stay out stay away you are a menace. :cuss:
Did You Have A Big Bowl Of Stupid For Breakfast ? I Have 8 Billion Gazillion Likes.
spooker

Post by spooker »

dle wrote:These days there DEFINITELY should be separate paths for wheeled passage and foot passage. It's just a no brainer.

A couple of years ago I was coming back from West Kelowna and turned to come through the tunnel and ride around the path to the sails ... it happened to be Canada Day and I had just watched the Snowbirds flyover from the walkway on the bridge ... having a nice leisurely roll along the path dodging pedestrians I hear a bit of an electronic whine coming from my right ... I turned my head just in time to see a teenager riding a hardtail MTB converted into an e-bike ripping along and stop dead as he hit a slackline stretched between two trees ... thankfully he was able to hold on and stay on the bike without flipping over the bars ... unfortunately his conversion kit put the motor in the front wheel which gave it enough weight that it ripped the fork apart ... he had a long walk ahead of himself for being on the impatient side ...

I welcome separate paths for walking and cycling through the park ... while it's great practice at slow speed control and I use it to help my daughter understand "being aware" of her surroundings ... it'll be good overall to minimize any possibility of collisions ... pedestrians are too squishy and they squeal a lot
Getbrett

Post by Getbrett »

So when is North Glenmore/Wilden/Dilworth/McKinley actually going to get Glenmore sports fields? The previous field is now in the ALR and cultivated. Currently the pile of weeds at Cnr of Valley and Longhill is going to stay like this for 2019? Truthfully we don't go to city park anymore due to the downtown situation and quite frankly would prefer to have our own park closer by. Councillors, any comment?
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

Not PC wrote:
No, those are supporters of our fearless yoga pants dude, Justin Trudeau. Only a lot dumber.

Yoga pants wearing? Can you please provide picture proof of it? I wish to see this for reasons...
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

Noisy Boater wrote:Bicycles should be banned from city park. Stay out on the road with cars. You have bike lanes. The majority race thru here like idiots late for something dinging there bells for me to move!! Fat chance. Clip me with your 2 wheeler you will need a four wheeler . I hate bikers in the park stay out stay away you are a menace. :cuss:

Amusing someone with the deliberately obnoxious username of “noisy boater” is complaining about people on their bikes singing the bells to help alert clueless pedestrians.
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump

Return to “Central Okanagan”