Crash suspect a teen

the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Re: Crash suspect a teen

Post by the truth »

the truth wrote:
Whyme2 wrote:Let’s not blame the thief. He was only 18 and unaware he was doing any wrong. :-X

that's what his scum.. bag lawyer will say and the judge will let him walk with a slap on the wrist :swear:

called it--sad but true
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
one wheel
Übergod

Post by one wheel »

So the bail money required for Orin Lucas was set at $2,000 & was provided by his Mother / Grandmother, but even with family help the little P O S couldn't make it 5 days without screwing up again ?
Does this mean Mom & Grandmother have to forfeit the bail money ?

I hope the young man that was hit has fully recovered & isn't struggling with problems ?
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

wow 3 more months that will teach him the never do it again ,what a f joke https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#256483
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
D_Man
Fledgling

Post by D_Man »

wow...pathetic :200:
WalterWhite
Lord of the Board

Post by WalterWhite »

https://www.castanet.net/news/Kelowna/2 ... -car-thief

On Wednesday, Lucas pleaded guilty to nine charges from seven different incidents dating back to last November.

The first occurred on Nov. 7, when Lucas pulled up next to a young man on Saucier Avenue and called the man's brother “a goof.” He then punched the man in the head with a “Tazer glove,” and sprayed him with pepper spray before driving away.

A month later, police found Lucas in a stolen Honda Accord on Morrison Road the night of Dec. 4, and they followed him as he drove downtown. While police surveilled Lucas for some time, they eventually lost him.

The very next morning, Lucas crashed the stolen truck into the Mitsubishi SUV in Rutland. The driver of the SUV was rushed to hospital with life-threatening injuries to his hip and pelvis, a lacerated spleen, multiple facial fractures, a perforated bowel and other soft tissue injuries.

Despite his arrest, two months later Lucas was released on bail with an evening curfew.

During his bail hearing, Lucas's lawyer Michael Stephenson told the court the two months his client had spent at the Okanagan Correctional Centre had been an “eye-opening experience."

But just four days after his release, Lucas failed to answer the door when police made a curfew check on Feb. 11, and on Feb. 28 he failed to report to a scheduled meeting with his bail supervisor.

On Feb. 25, police found a stolen Honda Civic in Kelowna's Quail Ridge area with his fingerprints inside.

A month later, a police officer saw Lucas driving a stolen Honda CRV through the Wendy's drive-thru on Harvey Avenue on March 26, but the officer lost contact with him. Later that night, just after midnight, Connor McCron caught Lucas trying to break into his vehicle outside his home in Lake Country. McCron tackled Lucas and held him on the ground until police came, and Lucas was again arrested and charged.

Three. Months. This wanna-be-bad-ass-thug that's just a sniveling, whining little cry-baby only got 3 months. What a joke.
He's not a car thief - he's a habitual pimple on the *bleep* of society - the epitome of a prolific offender. "Two months at Okanagan Correctional Center was an eye-opening experience." I'll say - he clearly realized there's absolutely no consequences for his actions.Our justice system isn't just broken - it's practically non-existent.

Take a good look at this little puke's face - soon to be seen again at your car door at 3AM - guaranteed.

image00001_p3387248.jpg
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

Doesn't seem near enough time, for the damage he did to that young fellow he hit with the stolen pickup.

That poor kid probably has a really long road of recovery ahead of him, and many of his injuries will have lifelong consequences, and the perpetrator, who has already displayed a complete disregard for authority, gets less than a year, for multiple convictions? :200:

I would have thought five years would be a good place to start, and that would be on the short end of what he deserves.
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

The Mayor has nothing to do with the Justice System. Please stop.
Last edited by Triple 6 on May 17th, 2019, 6:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: off topic comment removed
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on May 17th, 2019, 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Response to removed post.
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
goalie
Übergod

Jail for 18-year-old car thief

Post by goalie »

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-story-256483-1-.htm#256483

A month later, police found Lucas in a stolen Honda Accord on Morrison Road the night of Dec. 4, and they followed him as he drove downtown. While police surveilled Lucas for some time, they eventually lost him.

A month later, a police officer saw Lucas driving a stolen Honda CRV through the Wendy's drive-thru on Harvey Avenue on March 26, but the officer lost contact with him.

*bleep*? Cops lose track of him twice knowing he's in a stolen vehicle!? Well at least he didn't make any online threats I guess
Hornswoggle
Fledgling

Post by Hornswoggle »

*bleep* cops lose track of him twice knowing he is in a stolen vehicle!? At least he didnt kill the guy he hit.
Absolutely disgrace actions by judge who should be fired.
Hey mods, you read this *bleep*, tell one of your reporters to get update on the guy who got creamed. Is he dancing for joy or still recovering?
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

Hornswoggle wrote:*bleep* cops lose track of him twice knowing he is in a stolen vehicle!? At least he didnt kill the guy he hit.
Absolutely disgrace actions by judge who should be fired.
Hey mods, you read this *bleep*, tell one of your reporters to get update on the guy who got creamed. Is he dancing for joy or still recovering?

Yeah, I'll get right on that. Or you could email them and suggest a follow up. I'd keep the bleeps to a minimum if I wanted to be taken seriously.

[email protected]
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
pieinthei
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by pieinthei »

well.. it may not be the 5, 10 or 50 years that some were hoping for, but it's something. next time (and i'm sure there will be a next time), maybe more.. in the meantime, hopefully Brutus gets ahold of his little tushie while in jail..
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

stuphoto
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by stuphoto »

I do think that he is scum and should be left to rot there Truth,
However to be fair it sounds like these charges are based entirely on older crimes he should have been charged with earlier.

What I can't understand is why his father is helping him. If it was my kid I would just let him do his time and clean himself up before helping him with anything.
It's the only way people like him will change.
my5cents
Guru

Post by my5cents »

It's pretty standard procedure when someone is pleading guilty to a host of charges that it is suggested that if there are any other crimes that have not been discovered or linked to the accused that it would be good to get them all cleared up at the same time.

With his drug issues, he may not even remember these crimes and likely these are only the tip of the ice burg.

He should be asked and he should cooperate and divulge any and all crimes he's not been charged with and clear them all up.

IF, in the future while on statutory release or bail, or probation and he gets caught committing any type of crime, they should lock him up and throw away the key.

This type of repeat offender, who continually commits crime while out on some form of release AND THEN IS GIVEN CREDIT for pre-trial custody is one of the MAJOR FAULTS in our system.

There should be a provision that if you are found committing another crime while out on pre-trial release you get NO enhanced credit for any time served, NONE, ZIP, NADA.

It's a no brainer. But of course our laws are apparently written by no brainers.
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"

Return to “Central Okanagan”