Needs a cleanup

Needs a cleanup

Postby lory3884 » Dec 9th, 2018, 2:25 pm

Every time I walk through the alleyway behind Shoppers Drug Mart and Liquor Depot on Hwy 33 and Hollywood I see an unsightly mess. I do not know whose responsibility this is to clean up but it definitely needs it.
lory3884

Liked in: 0 post

Re: Needs a cleanup

Postby JayByrd » Dec 10th, 2018, 2:40 pm

Either those businesses themselves, or the management of that shopping centre, would be the ones responsible. Have you contacted them?
My fervent hope is that you and your tax dollars will be reunited in the afterlife.
JayByrd
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 1578 posts

Postby KelownaDavid » Dec 11th, 2018, 11:40 am

the walkway, is that the one closest to Value Village in the trees?
KelownaDavid

Liked in: 11 posts

Postby lory3884 » Jan 5th, 2019, 9:42 am

KelownaDavid wrote:the walkway, is that the one closest to Value Village in the trees?

Yes it is
lory3884

Liked in: 0 post

Postby vegas1500 » Jan 5th, 2019, 11:37 am

lory3884 wrote:Every time I walk through the alleyway behind Shoppers Drug Mart and Liquor Depot on Hwy 33 and Hollywood I see an unsightly mess. I do not know whose responsibility this is to clean up but it definitely needs it.

Take a bag with you and pick some garbage....... :up:

alanjh595 likes this post.
vegas1500
√úbergod

Liked in: 2015 posts

Postby Grandan » Jan 5th, 2019, 3:22 pm

vegas1500 wrote:
lory3884 wrote:Every time I walk through the alleyway behind Shoppers Drug Mart and Liquor Depot on Hwy 33 and Hollywood I see an unsightly mess. I do not know whose responsibility this is to clean up but it definitely needs it.

Take a bag with you and pick some garbage....... :up:

As the old expression goes some people would rather curse the darkness than light a candle.
When I moved to this neighbourhood 22 years ago there was garbage strewn along the roadsides. Once a year or so the city or volunteers would pick up garbage near the road but didn't venture onto private property. My wife could not stand the look and when we had more time we picked up garbage at regular intervals. It took a few years to get everything within reach but it began to look better. Now we pick up less and less except for spring cleanup there is now a biweekly pickup of the recent garbage thrown out of passing vehicles by people too lazy to take it home to their own trash. Typically I pick up lunch wrappers
coffee cups and cigarette packages but also see construction waste thoughtfully placed up against my fence. Last week the garbage was tossed over my fence but lucky for me there was about $100 in fasteners in the lot along with full spray cans of paint and tubes of caulk.
Garbage begets more garbage so it is important to keep ahead of it.
Waste not
Grandan
Grand Pooh-bah

Liked in: 953 posts

Return to Central Okanagan