Cannabis Store in Lake Country

Re: Cannabis Store in Lake Country

Postby pieinthei » Dec 19th, 2018, 3:08 pm

RVThereYet wrote:
just popping in wrote:
I agree, I don't think the patrons call it a dispensary do they? Just doesn't sound cool.



I could be wrong, but maybe it goes back when they were illegal? Calling it a Dispensary sounded better (legal?) than Pot Shop or Weed Store?



haha.. way back then eh..
pieinthei
Board Meister
 
Posts: 549
Likes: 717 posts
Liked in: 651 posts
Joined: Sep 11th, 2012, 10:53 am

Re: Cannabis Store in Lake Country

Postby RVThereYet » Dec 19th, 2018, 6:49 pm

pieinthei wrote:

haha.. way back then eh..


As far as federal law, it wasn’t that long ago they were all illegal.
User avatar
RVThereYet
Generalissimo Postalot
 
Posts: 838
Likes: 278 posts
Liked in: 696 posts
Joined: Nov 1st, 2011, 12:10 pm
Location: Mars

Re: Cannabis Store in Lake Country

Postby Vacancyrate » Dec 19th, 2018, 10:38 pm

Of course it's Starbuds.

The sketchiest corporate dispensary chain out there.

Way to go Lake Country, you're so desperate to score pot that you just decided to do a deal with the dispensary equivalent of meeting a random guy off craigslist in a parking lot.
Vacancyrate
Übergod
 
Posts: 1459
Likes: 313 posts
Liked in: 1026 posts
Joined: Mar 15th, 2018, 1:42 pm

Re: Cannabis Store in Lake Country

Postby Gilchy » Dec 20th, 2018, 7:28 am

If the product is legal, and application handled appropriately, why the judgement of the store?

soupy likes this post.
User avatar
Gilchy
Übergod
 
Posts: 1389
Likes: 222 posts
Liked in: 807 posts
Joined: Nov 19th, 2010, 7:51 am

Re: Cannabis Store in Lake Country

Postby Tankur » Dec 20th, 2018, 8:24 am

just popping in wrote:
pieinthei wrote:forgive my ignorance, but can someone tell me why they are called dispensaries?
tell it like it is.. its a pot shop.
i kinda understand if it is medical, but for a legal pot shop to be called a dispensary sounds ridiculous


I agree, I don't think the patrons call it a dispensary do they? Just doesn't sound cool.



Yes we call it a dispensary. Huge win for the Okanagan. We do t call it “pot, weed, dope” we call it cannabis. The only people who use the terms pot weed dope are the uneducated still trapped by the stigma
Tankur
 
Posts: 20
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 16 posts
Joined: Dec 9th, 2018, 11:04 pm

Re: Cannabis Store in Lake Country

Postby theharshtruth » Dec 20th, 2018, 11:14 am

Vacancyrate wrote:Of course it's Starbuds.

The sketchiest corporate dispensary chain out there.

Way to go Lake Country, you're so desperate to score pot that you just decided to do a deal with the dispensary equivalent of meeting a random guy off craigslist in a parking lot.


2019, time to move forward.
theharshtruth
 
Posts: 9
Likes: 3 posts
Liked in: 3 posts
Joined: Dec 11th, 2018, 11:43 am

Re: Cannabis Store in Lake Country

Postby Alice in Vernon » Dec 20th, 2018, 11:58 am

Vacancyrate wrote:Of course it's Starbuds.

The sketchiest corporate dispensary chain out there.

Way to go Lake Country, you're so desperate to score pot that you just decided to do a deal with the dispensary equivalent of meeting a random guy off craigslist in a parking lot.


Isn't Starbuds an American store?
Alice in Vernon
 
Posts: 29
Likes: 75 posts
Liked in: 14 posts
Joined: Oct 24th, 2017, 2:14 pm

Re: Cannabis Store in Lake Country

Postby pieinthei » Dec 20th, 2018, 12:04 pm

Tankur wrote:
just popping in wrote:

Yes we call it a dispensary. Huge win for the Okanagan. We do t call it “pot, weed, dope” we call it cannabis. The only people who use the terms pot weed dope are the uneducated still trapped by the stigma


sorry, i was just using pot shop as an example.. no disrespect meant. i just dont understand how "dispensary" got the branding versus pot shop or Cannabis store, or Weeds r us..
pieinthei
Board Meister
 
Posts: 549
Likes: 717 posts
Liked in: 651 posts
Joined: Sep 11th, 2012, 10:53 am

Re: Cannabis Store in Lake Country

Postby cv23 » Dec 20th, 2018, 12:39 pm

pieinthei wrote:i just dont understand how "dispensary" got the branding versus pot shop or Cannabis store, or Weeds r us..

Before legalization selling illegal drugs under the guise of it being medicine was where the name "dispensary" came from. If they had called it what it really was they would have been shut down in a heartbeat so making it appear they were providing some sort of a prescription drug allowed the authorities the option of turning a blind eye if they chose to.

2 people like this post.
User avatar
cv23
Guru
 
Posts: 7366
Likes: 4178 posts
Liked in: 1926 posts
Joined: Jul 4th, 2005, 2:59 pm
Location: Kelowna

Re: Cannabis Store in Lake Country

Postby just popping in » Dec 20th, 2018, 7:05 pm

Tankur wrote:Yes we call it a dispensary. Huge win for the Okanagan. We do t call it “pot, weed, dope” we call it cannabis. The only people who use the terms pot weed dope are the uneducated still trapped by the stigma


Well, I guess Castanet and I are still trapped by the stigma.

https://www.castanet.net/news/Kelowna/2 ... -pot-store
just popping in
Lord of the Board
 
Posts: 3091
Likes: 260 posts
Liked in: 530 posts
Joined: Apr 3rd, 2011, 8:15 pm

Re: Cannabis Store in Lake Country

Postby Omnitheo » Dec 20th, 2018, 7:17 pm

cv23 wrote:
pieinthei wrote:i just dont understand how "dispensary" got the branding versus pot shop or Cannabis store, or Weeds r us..

Before legalization selling illegal drugs under the guise of it being medicine was where the name "dispensary" came from. If they had called it what it really was they would have been shut down in a heartbeat so making it appear they were providing some sort of a prescription drug allowed the authorities the option of turning a blind eye if they chose to.


So you’re claiming that dispensaries are not selling a prescription drug? Then what are all these health professionals in Canada writing out? They sure look like prescriptions to me.

But I’m sure you’ll let us all know about your qualifications in the field that support your contradictory claims.
"The Charter of Rights and Freedoms protects all Canadians, every one of us, even when it is uncomfortable."
- Justin Trudeau
User avatar
Omnitheo
Guru
 
Posts: 5697
Likes: 8737 posts
Liked in: 4641 posts
Joined: Jul 19th, 2011, 10:10 am

Re: Cannabis Store in Lake Country

Postby cv23 » Dec 20th, 2018, 9:00 pm

Omnitheo wrote:
So you’re claiming that dispensaries are not selling a prescription drug? Then what are all these health professionals in Canada writing out? They sure look like prescriptions to me.

But I’m sure you’ll let us all know about your qualifications in the field that support your contradictory claims.

Medical professionals in some parts of the world prescribe Ketamine to humans while here it is a class one narcotic and only used by veterinarians. Just because a prescription is written, or purchased in the case of most Canadian Marijuana prescriptions, doesn't make the drug prescribed suddenly have any actual health benefits or even legal.
If dispencing/selling cannabis was legal why could you not get it at licensed (legal) pharmacies? Did the fact that a doctor prescribed cannabis make the seller of cannabis instantly a pharmacists and not just a criminal making money on distributing a then illegal drug? "Don't bust me officer I thought you had a doctor's note to buy my weed"
User avatar
cv23
Guru
 
Posts: 7366
Likes: 4178 posts
Liked in: 1926 posts
Joined: Jul 4th, 2005, 2:59 pm
Location: Kelowna

Re: Cannabis Store in Lake Country

Postby Vacancyrate » Dec 20th, 2018, 10:23 pm

Alice in Vernon wrote:Isn't Starbuds an American store?


Is there a lack of local capable small scale entrepreneurs that are wanting to sell cannabis in the Kelowna area?

Instead of a locally owned Mom and Pop hamburger shop people are falling over themselves to put in a McDoanlds drive in window in a gas station owned by some dude somewhere far away from here.

Well, I guess Castanet and I are still trapped by the stigma.


A far right wing pro business media company in the most conservative area of BC isn't woke?

People in the industry know that use of the word cannabis is lit.

Props to John Horgan.
Vacancyrate
Übergod
 
Posts: 1459
Likes: 313 posts
Liked in: 1026 posts
Joined: Mar 15th, 2018, 1:42 pm

Re: Cannabis Store in Lake Country

Postby Omnitheo » Dec 20th, 2018, 10:36 pm

cv23 wrote:
Omnitheo wrote:
So you’re claiming that dispensaries are not selling a prescription drug? Then what are all these health professionals in Canada writing out? They sure look like prescriptions to me.

But I’m sure you’ll let us all know about your qualifications in the field that support your contradictory claims.

Medical professionals in some parts of the world prescribe Ketamine to humans while here it is a class one narcotic and only used by veterinarians. Just because a prescription is written, or purchased in the case of most Canadian Marijuana prescriptions, doesn't make the drug prescribed suddenly have any actual health benefits or even legal.
If dispencing/selling cannabis was legal why could you not get it at licensed (legal) pharmacies? Did the fact that a doctor prescribed cannabis make the seller of cannabis instantly a pharmacists and not just a criminal making money on distributing a then illegal drug? "Don't bust me officer I thought you had a doctor's note to buy my weed"


A fentanyl prescription from a doctor would still not entitle you to purchase it illicitly from a street dealer.
"The Charter of Rights and Freedoms protects all Canadians, every one of us, even when it is uncomfortable."
- Justin Trudeau
User avatar
Omnitheo
Guru
 
Posts: 5697
Likes: 8737 posts
Liked in: 4641 posts
Joined: Jul 19th, 2011, 10:10 am

Re: Cannabis Store in Lake Country

Postby cv23 » Dec 21st, 2018, 8:52 am

Omnitheo wrote:
A fentanyl prescription from a doctor would still not entitle you to purchase it illicitly from a street dealer.


But a cannabis prescription from a doctor somehow entitled you to purchase it illicitly from a street dealer with a storefront?????
Seeing as you brought it up just what specific medical "qualifications" and formally recognized training did it take to "dispense"/sell marijuana at a "dispensary"?

pieinthei likes this post.
User avatar
cv23
Guru
 
Posts: 7366
Likes: 4178 posts
Liked in: 1926 posts
Joined: Jul 4th, 2005, 2:59 pm
Location: Kelowna

PreviousNext

Return to Central Okanagan

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot], MAPearce, TMBOkanagan, voice of reason and 8 guests