Doorstep creeper.....

dle
Lord of the Board

Doorstep creeper.....

Post by dle »

https://www.castanet.net/news/West-Kelo ... per-on-cam

S.O.B.....I'd be changing the type of lock I have on all my doors - slimeball probably has pics of them all, plus windows and any possible entry area that offers a screen from visibility to the street - I doubt that was his first "visit" to case the place, and along with the visible cameras anybody can pick out, I'd be adding hidden cameras. And a big dog or at least a nightime motion sensing recording of one going insane against the door. Might be enough to make a jerk think twice about going inside but who knows. Most of those lowlifes wear their cowardly little masks or hoodies anyways but this guy didn't give a crap because he knew right away where the camera was and just blocked it.

The thieves aren't going to stop thieving and invading in 2019 and because Kelowna welcomes the thieves and dirtbags with open arms there will be more and more moving to town .

The coming of 2019 has NOT restored any empathy I might have had in the past for these slugs - quite the opposite - I have been reduced to zero sympathy for any of these trespassing thieving jerks - they have helped themselves to way too much of our stuff over the years and caused expensive damage and deductible costs and scared the crap out of us. Seems the more we secure the stuff the more damage they do to get at it! They are destroying our city. They all need to be thrown in jail when they are caught for the 3rd time and kept there for a good long time - perfect solution to the shelter problem in my view - roof over their head and 3 squares a day. Works for me. Cost? Sure but we are paying anyway and building "wet housing" because of the "we have no rules here" attitude of City Council who keeps upping our taxes (but only miserly pittance for more cops and nothing for more jail space), and building things like $800,000 loos with security features instead of locking up the ones causing the need for such expensive security in the first place.

"We can't arrest ourselves out of this" attitude needs to be re-examined. It's not rocket science. Leave the sob story justifications out of it and quit coddling and enabling. Just keep it simple. If they are in jail they can't steal or hurt anyone. Period. 3 strikes you are out (or should I say "in") for a serious stretch. Refusal to take the rehab or job training results in an extended stay. Otherwise, there is absolutely no reason for them to change their ways and we will pay the price - dearly. Mandatory rehab and a lengthy stint that includes some job training - something that will give them a chance to have a changed life when released. If they are too far gone mentally due to frying their brains on drugs and are not capable of complying with the jail stint objectives, or living free and adhering to society's rules, then they should be admitted to a proper medical "home/facility" where they can be cared for.
jimmy4321
Guru

Re: Doorstep creeper.....

Post by jimmy4321 »

Wonder how visible that camera is from the road or end of driveway, he came prepared to deal with it. He shined that flashlight before he came into sight of that camera.
I'm not Sherlock but i'd think with that cam tucked in the corner like that, he came across it at an earlier time. Maybe someone with past or current dealings with the owner. Who knows i'm just guessing, just odd not your usual thief as he did a recon mission first.
Last edited by jimmy4321 on Jan 1st, 2019, 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
bogwog

Post by bogwog »

market place did a show recently on home security systems. they are easily hacked and then someone can view through the camera online, creeeeepy. maybe they were trying to figure out which system he has.

https://www.cbc.ca/marketplace/episodes ... ty-devices
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

Meh ... when it happened to us , and we showed pictures to boot , I got ripped apart in these forums ..

Quit yer "curtain twitching" and leave the nice fella alone..
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
dle
Lord of the Board

Post by dle »

jimmy4321 wrote:Wonder how visible that camera is from the road or end of driveway, he came prepared to deal with it. He shined that flashlight before he came into sight of that camera.
I'm not Sherlock but i'd think with that cam tucked in the corner like that, he came across it at an earlier time. Maybe someone with past or current dealings with the owner. Who knows i'm just guessing, just odd not your usual thief as he did a recon mission first.

agree totally - that's why I said I doubted it was his first "visit" to that house - sure looked like he had previous knowledge of some things and with the camera was taking pics to do more research and why I'd be changing the locks (including the type)... probably can google the type and find out how to pick it and the type of security camera and maybe disable it..
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

I wouldn't succumb to a scumhole like him. I wouldn't be changing locks or adding more cameras just because he appeared.
Keeping one in the chamber for scum like him is a more effective solution.
Too bad govt protects moronic wastes like that thing and chastise the victims for protecting themselves.
Police do nothing but give a file # to you. It stops there.
It's sad to see our nation's citizens starting to accept this type of behavior.
Pinheads like that need to be met on the doorstep by large occupants and given the glazing of their lives.

Sorry.
But it had to be said.
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.
dle
Lord of the Board

Post by dle »

MAPearce wrote:Meh ... when it happened to us , and we showed pictures to boot , I got ripped apart in these forums ..

Quit yer "curtain twitching" and leave the nice fella alone..

You would have received no ripping from me... twitch all the curtains you want .....I'm fed up with the attitude of City Hall and the cops and legal system....and yes, I voted so I can voice an opinion. We will remain status quo around here because nothing changed and nothing changed because people did not go vote. The council & Mayor did not get voted back in - they just didn't get voted out because of lack of voter turnout. This very doorstep creeper is probably one of the few who did get out to vote for current council - why not? They cater to his type...

Must mean everyone else is happy enough with all this thieving and home invading I guess......at least until they find this or another doorstep creeper on their own front step THEN it will be an issue.....
vegas1500
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by vegas1500 »

dle wrote:
jimmy4321 wrote:Wonder how visible that camera is from the road or end of driveway, he came prepared to deal with it. He shined that flashlight before he came into sight of that camera.

agree totally - that's why I said I doubted it was his first "visit" to that house - sure looked like he had previous knowledge of some things and with the camera was taking pics to do more research and why I'd be changing the locks (including the type)... probably can google the type and find out how to pick it and the type of security camera and maybe disable it..

Pay to change the locks and he will be back to see them again....then what, change again? A bit of Marshall law will help resolve these scumbags. Shoot, shovel and shut up. :130:
WalterWhite
Lord of the Board

Post by WalterWhite »

Simple and effective - install one of these systems...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IB0tE627UvE
Last edited by WalterWhite on Jan 1st, 2019, 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

dle wrote:https://www.castanet.net/news/West-Kelowna/245692/Doorstep-creeper-on-cam

S.O.B.....I'd be changing the type of lock I have on all my doors - slimeball probably has pics of them all, plus windows and any possible entry area that offers a screen from visibility to the street - I doubt that was his first "visit" to case the place, and along with the visible cameras anybody can pick out, I'd be adding hidden cameras. And a big dog or at least a nightime motion sensing recording of one going insane against the door. Might be enough to make a jerk think twice about going inside but who knows. Most of those lowlifes wear their cowardly little masks or hoodies anyways but this guy didn't give a crap because he knew right away where the camera was and just blocked it.

The thieves aren't going to stop thieving and invading in 2019 and because Kelowna welcomes the thieves and dirtbags with open arms there will be more and more moving to town .

The coming of 2019 has NOT restored any empathy I might have had in the past for these slugs - quite the opposite - I have been reduced to zero sympathy for any of these trespassing thieving jerks - they have helped themselves to way too much of our stuff over the years and caused expensive damage and deductible costs and scared the crap out of us. Seems the more we secure the stuff the more damage they do to get at it! They are destroying our city. They all need to be thrown in jail when they are caught for the 3rd time and kept there for a good long time - perfect solution to the shelter problem in my view - roof over their head and 3 squares a day. Works for me. Cost? Sure but we are paying anyway and building "wet housing" because of the "we have no rules here" attitude of City Council who keeps upping our taxes (but only miserly pittance for more cops and nothing for more jail space), and building things like $800,000 loos with security features instead of locking up the ones causing the need for such expensive security in the first place.

"We can't arrest ourselves out of this" attitude needs to be re-examined. It's not rocket science. Leave the sob story justifications out of it and quit coddling and enabling. Just keep it simple. If they are in jail they can't steal or hurt anyone. Period. 3 strikes you are out (or should I say "in") for a serious stretch. Refusal to take the rehab or job training results in an extended stay. Otherwise, there is absolutely no reason for them to change their ways and we will pay the price - dearly. Mandatory rehab and a lengthy stint that includes some job training - something that will give them a chance to have a changed life when released. If they are too far gone mentally due to frying their brains on drugs and are not capable of complying with the jail stint objectives, or living free and adhering to society's rules, then they should be admitted to a proper medical "home/facility" where they can be cared for.

this whole soft on crime thing makes me want to puke.............. :swear:
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
luvdogs

Post by luvdogs »

He would be pretty stupid to come back to that home. Having said that I don't think he is the sharpest tool in the shed. Who goes to someone's door at 7 pm with all the lights on in and outside the house to case the joint?

Noted that the guy is clean shaven, wearing a tie?? , a ring on the right hand and possibly the left, and his left foot is like pigeon toed or turned in.
Jlabute
Guru

Post by Jlabute »

WalterWhite wrote:Simple and effective - install one of these systems...

Too bad these things are out of South Africa. I wonder if such a thing is available in Canada. Probably not huh?
Lord Kelvin - When you can measure what you are speaking about, and express it in numbers, you know something about it.
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

It's super weird, why so clean? Do you really think he wants in & out without anyone realizing it till they figure out something particular is missing?
As far as locks go, as long as there's a window near by it don't mean much.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

Jlabute wrote:

Too bad these things are out of South Africa. I wonder if such a thing is available in Canada. Probably not huh?

it would be against the criminal junkies human rights for us to have something like that
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
JayByrd
Lord of the Board

Post by JayByrd »

Even if you can't get them here, it probably wouldn't be hard to rig something up. The real risk would be having it discharge on a lawful occupant of the home.

Possibly illegal, but you're not likely to get caught. An intruder who got stung is not likely to run to the cops and report you. This is actually a lot more reasonable, realistic, and legal, than some of the death/dismemberment revenge fantasies we get in these forums.
When someone says they pay taxes, you know they're about to be an ******e.

Return to “Central Okanagan”