Westside Warriors Desperation

Re: Westside Warriors Desperation

Postby Chessman » Jan 11th, 2019, 10:53 am

I have been a fan of BCJHL ( now BCHL ) since the Kelowna Bucharoo days and am well aware that most franchises struggle to even break even. Wenatchee, Penticton and Chilliwack may make a small profit most years but it in no way justifies the $750,000 to $1,250,000 cost of a franchise in the BCHL. Vernon despite good teams , championships and 1500+ fan attendance still lost money virtually every year. Vernon was fortunate the Dr. Wray subsidized the operation.
You are not an owner in the BCHL to make money.
The Westside Warriors situation is not positive. They have struggled for attendance and financially since they moved to the Central Okanagan. It sounds like the owner can’t afford to operate the team, and in my view you have ask yourself has ownership mismanaged the franchise? Now he is “calling out “ the community for support. That Never works!!! Build a good product on the ice, market the team, build relationships with sponsors and a creat positive image in the community with community involvement with players and you have a chance for success. In the view of many the owners of the Warriors have dropped the ball. Work on the basics and build the franchise or sell and get out.
My bet is they don’t own the franchise this time next year.
If other investors can’t be found this franchise could move. Remember the Rockets are still the hockey franchise in the Central Okanagan.
PS.. no other hockey team in KIJHL , BCHL , AHL , ECHL other than Kelowna minor hockey can play at a Prospera without approval on the Rockets. So no AHL team is coming to Kelowna
I’m not on the Forum to debate, I don’t engage with cretins and there is nothing you can do about a sub 80 IQ.

Loki2u likes this post.
Chessman

Liked in: 30 posts

Postby suzuki » Jan 11th, 2019, 7:18 pm

I have been a fan of BCJHL ( now BCHL ) since the Kelowna Bucharoo days and am well aware that most franchises struggle to even break even. Wenatchee, Penticton and Chilliwack may make a small profit most years but it in no way justifies the $750,000 to $1,250,000 cost of a franchise in the BCHL. Vernon despite good teams , championships and 1500+ fan attendance still lost money virtually every year. Vernon was fortunate the Dr. Wray subsidized the operation.
You are not an owner in the BCHL to make money.
The Westside Warriors situation is not positive. They have struggled for attendance and financially since they moved to the Central Okanagan. It sounds like the owner can’t afford to operate the team, and in my view you have ask yourself has ownership mismanaged the franchise? Now he is “calling out “ the community for support. That Never works!!! Build a good product on the ice, market the team, build relationships with sponsors and a creat positive image in the community with community involvement with players and you have a chance for success. In the view of many the owners of the Warriors have dropped the ball. Work on the basics and build the franchise or sell and get out.
My bet is they don’t own the franchise this time next year.
If other investors can’t be found this franchise could move. Remember the Rockets are still the hockey franchise in the Central Okanagan.
PS.. no other hockey team in KIJHL , BCHL , AHL , ECHL other than Kelowna minor hockey can play at a Prospera without approval on the Rockets. So no AHL team is coming to Kelowna

" I would say you nailed it ! Could not have said it any better.
suzuki

Liked in: 23 posts

Postby casey60 » Jan 14th, 2019, 2:09 pm

Westside Warriors, Good hockey, Exciting, Great venue, Best Burgers and fries in town, Good seats, Great atmosphere, Last Saturday 1000+ in attendance. And affordable!
casey60
Board Meister

Liked in: 183 posts

Postby KelownaCrackinCrew » Jan 14th, 2019, 2:48 pm

Name it Kelowna Warriors
KelownaCrackinCrew
Fledgling

Liked in: 240 posts

Postby Symbonite » Jan 14th, 2019, 5:48 pm

Westside Warriors had a better ring to it....
**Disclaimer: The above statement is in my OPINION only.
Symbonite
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 812 posts

Previous

Return to Central Okanagan