Robbed just after opening

the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Robbed just after opening

Post by the truth »

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#246158 well are mayor did say kelowna was open for business, more like open for criminal junkie business
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
bjsilent
Board Meister

Re: Robbed just after opening

Post by bjsilent »

the truth wrote:https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-story-246158-1-.htm#246158 well are mayor did say kelowna was open for business, more like open for criminal junkie business

:smt045
WalterWhite
Lord of the Board

Post by WalterWhite »

- and the requisite GOFUNDME summarily in place...
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

Swear we have more coffee shops than Seattle's downtown.
If there were no cams why leave money there?
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second
Symbonite
Lord of the Board

Post by Symbonite »

Someone knows something...
**Disclaimer: The above statement is in my OPINION only.
soupy
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by soupy »

WalterWhite wrote:- and the requisite GOFUNDME summarily in place...

Obviously!!! No need for insurance anymore .... :-X
nikonfan
Fledgling

Post by nikonfan »

I am afraid that if the crime, junkie, and lawlessness in our town isn’t addressed people will start taking things into their own hands. Maybe then something will be done. Why would anyone want to put there blood sweat and tears into any business venture in downtown kelowna? But of course in our wonderful bleeding heart court system the victim is always at fault.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Here impo are a few must haves for downtown area businesses:
1) alarm system
2) cameras
3) some types of bars across store front (ultimate a rolldown covering entire store front)
4) if the business deals in cash transactions, either very secure wall or floor safe.
Add these items to any start up costs, thieves will hit the easiest places first.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Fledgling

Post by 7600736 »

Welcome to Kelowna, folks. Sorry you were robbed so soon after opening, but you'd better get used to it...won't be the last and only time. This is the reality of running a small business downtown today. Ain't it wonderful?
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

With crime being legal now, good luck in the future.
There's a massive profitable industry thats spurned by crime.
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.
Deacon

Post by Deacon »

This stuff really sucks bad. I read about a guy that was caught stealing meat from a Safeway and got away. I have heard there is a group of crooks that start in Osoyoos and work their way up the valley. Their main theft is meat but apparently, you can place an order with them for other items.
WalterWhite
Lord of the Board

Post by WalterWhite »

Bpeep wrote:With crime being legal now, good luck in the future.
There's a massive profitable industry thats spurned by crime.
7600736 wrote:Welcome to Kelowna, folks. Sorry you were robbed so soon after opening, but you'd better get used to it...won't be the last and only time. This is the reality of running a small business downtown today. Ain't it wonderful?

- yet they still have no pamphlets or info whatsoever outlining this at the swanky new Tourism Kelowna glass palace on the lakefront...go figure.
motorhomebabe
Lord of the Board

Post by motorhomebabe »

Also understand that quite a few establishments downtown were targeted with vandalism this weekend .If you weren't robbed your windows were broken.
WalterWhite
Lord of the Board

Post by WalterWhite »

motorhomebabe wrote:Also understand that quite a few establishments downtown were targeted with vandalism this weekend .If you weren't robbed your windows were broken.

- and surprise - no suspects in custody. I mean come on - even the K-9 couldn’t pick up the trail of the thief that took off with an armload of steaks before Christmas.
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

I really don't understand why there isn't a greater police presence, esp at night.
I don't buy for a moment the financial cost crap.
Traffic fines alone could likely finance the local force.
Except it's probably run like any other govt institution- a black hole money pit, controlled by a union that sucks the life out of the finances, and nothing but redundancy and policies.

No wonder they made crime legal.
I feel sorry for the youngsters growing up.
These idiots are the future grandparents of the nation.
Jesus.
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.

Return to “Central Okanagan”