Raw meat thief....

Re: Raw meat thief....

Postby the truth » Jan 8th, 2019, 4:22 pm

MAPearce wrote:
pieinthei wrote:Agreed. as stated in another post.. "they stole out of necessity." nothing will happen. that news post is a waste of space.

He's what you call a "booster" ..

They go to stores , steal stuff and sell it to willing customers at a fairly good discount .

Then they get high..

, you tell him what you want and he would steal it.You paid him $20.00 for a couple hun worth if meat... so lets not pretend this crackhead is stealing because he is hungry

exactly ...

100% correct........
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
the truth
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 6628 posts

Postby dle » Jan 8th, 2019, 7:31 pm

my5cents wrote:Well you've all followed the lead of reporter Alana Kelly (again !).

The news item should have read. "Meat Theft turns into Robbery".

Until our hero pulled the knife he was committing "Theft Under $5000, which is a Summary Conviction offense. With a maximum fine of $2000 or 6 months or both.

Pulling the knife makes it a Robbery While Armed with an offensive weapon, an indictable offense, for a first offense he gets 5 years.

So forget the "he just stole food", it's minor.

It's not.

That's the trouble with everything that is going on these days....unless someone gets actually gets physically hurt then everything else is considered "minor" and results in.....nothing.
dle
Übergod

Liked in: 1908 posts

Postby Catsumi » Jan 8th, 2019, 7:50 pm

On the humorous side CBC radio "As It Happens" interviewed a young woman, a sex toy store owner in L.A. She was closing up shop for the day, tired, hungry and just wanted to go home, when, ta da, her shop was entered by a robber wanting all contents in cash drawer.

That straw broke that camel's back. She berated him with xxxx language, told him to get the hell out, then when her co-owner turned up and began beating robber with lengthy rubber "toy" and began throwing choice saucy items at him (some very solid and painful upon impact).

Robber turned and ran for it, knife in hand, probably to reform his ways. Or at the least, not to mess with women who want to go home a.s.a.p.

Moral: Fight the good fight, preferably in a sexy manner. :biggrin:
Make the Cdn wet dream come true. Vote MAD MAX

Like a plague, JT must go!

motorhomebabe likes this post.
Catsumi
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 3743 posts

Postby my5cents » Jan 8th, 2019, 7:51 pm

dle wrote:
my5cents wrote:Well you've all followed the lead of reporter Alana Kelly (again !).

The news item should have read. "Meat Theft turns into Robbery".

Until our hero pulled the knife he was committing "Theft Under $5000, which is a Summary Conviction offense. With a maximum fine of $2000 or 6 months or both.

Pulling the knife makes it a Robbery While Armed with an offensive weapon, an indictable offense, for a first offense he gets 5 years.

So forget the "he just stole food", it's minor.

It's not.

That's the trouble with everything that is going on these days....unless someone gets actually gets physically hurt then everything else is considered "minor" and results in.....nothing.

In this case nobody got hurt but robbery is certainly NOT minor. The sentence will be severe compared to a sentence for theft under $5000, but won't be as severe as it would have been if someone had been hurt.
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"
my5cents
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 1460 posts

Postby one wheel » Jan 8th, 2019, 8:44 pm

Some of these posts mention how serious it is & everything but even if the RCMP found him today will I live long enough to see him get sentenced ?

2 people like this post.
one wheel
Fledgling

Liked in: 320 posts

Postby the truth » Jan 8th, 2019, 10:19 pm

one wheel wrote:Some of these posts mention how serious it is & everything but even if the RCMP found him today will I live long enough to see him get sentenced ?

never, are mayor has made it very clear crime is welcomed in kelowna
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
the truth
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 6628 posts

Postby bcpete53 » Jan 27th, 2019, 7:39 am

I knew a couple of guys who did this for a living, taking orders and then stealing and delivering the goods on a regular schedule. No I never made any orders! Some were working with people at the stores where they stole from, even going in and out of the back doors to make it easier. They would be caught occasionally and then spend time in jail getting three meals a day until released. It was all part of the cost of running their businesses. When they got out they would have to go to different stores for a while as they would be recognized by the staff. But staffs change pretty regularly so it wouldn't be long and they would return to the same stores they had been caught at. Most staff don't want to get involved because of just what happened in this case.
bcpete53

Liked in: 0 post

Previous

Return to Central Okanagan