Page 1 of 2

Raw meat thief....

PostPosted: Jan 7th, 2019, 6:43 pm
by dle
https://www.castanet.net/news/Kelowna/2 ... meat-thief

Why waste the time to track this guy down? Nothing will be done anyway even if they catch him - catch & release. If he makes it to Court which is highly doubtful (call me a skeptic), the Judge will take pity on him - stealing food - and let him go anyways so it's just a waste of police resources.

Re: Raw meat thief....

PostPosted: Jan 8th, 2019, 10:59 am
by pieinthei
Agreed. as stated in another post.. "they stole out of necessity." nothing will happen. that news post is a waste of space.

Re: Raw meat thief....

PostPosted: Jan 8th, 2019, 11:07 am
by soupy
Not to mention the picture / footage isnt released to the public until weeks later.

If this head been blasted by the media day after the theft i think it would be much more beneficial.

Re: Raw meat thief....

PostPosted: Jan 8th, 2019, 11:08 am
by LTD
you realise he pulled a knife out right? next time he might be put in a position where he uses it and someone ends up dead so im sure they would like to find him perhaps hes mentally unstable who knows

Re: Raw meat thief....

PostPosted: Jan 8th, 2019, 11:38 am
by pieinthei
LTD wrote:you realise he pulled a knife out right? next time he might be put in a position where he uses it and someone ends up dead so im sure they would like to find him perhaps hes mentally unstable who knows


another reason why nothing will happen.. "mentally unstable".. just like the rest of them..

Re: Raw meat thief....

PostPosted: Jan 8th, 2019, 12:24 pm
by Symbonite
sorry but those employees that still chased him are pretty dumb...I mean just chalk it up as a loss...you went over and beyond your job description...if you got killed because of some meat...the only thing you would have is a picture and frame of you in the staff room and probably a note from the company saying sorry and thanks for trying.

Re: Raw meat thief....

PostPosted: Jan 8th, 2019, 12:26 pm
by WalterWhite
Symbonite wrote:sorry but those employees that still chased him are pretty dumb...I mean just chalk it up as a loss...you went over and beyond your job description...if you got killed because of some meat...the only thing you would have is a picture and frame of you in the staff room and probably a note from the company saying sorry and thanks for trying.


Exactly the result thieves are hoping for and expecting.
Crime pays - quite well now and apparently with little to no consequences if caught.

Re: Raw meat thief....

PostPosted: Jan 8th, 2019, 12:26 pm
by pieinthei
exactly

Re: Raw meat thief....

PostPosted: Jan 8th, 2019, 1:47 pm
by Anonymous123
With all those canned goods, no one thought to nail him with one?

Re: Raw meat thief....

PostPosted: Jan 8th, 2019, 1:56 pm
by pieinthei
Anonymous123 wrote:With all those canned goods, no one thought to nail him with one?


some of their french loaves are pretty hard too.. [icon_lol2.gif]

Re: Raw meat thief....

PostPosted: Jan 8th, 2019, 2:31 pm
by WalterWhite
Anonymous123 wrote:With all those canned goods, no one thought to nail him with one?


Unfortunately we all know who would have been up on charges...

Re: Raw meat thief....

PostPosted: Jan 8th, 2019, 3:18 pm
by dirtguy
i had an acquaintance once tell me he knew a guy who would steal you meat from stores on the westside, you tell him what you want and he would steal it.You paid him $20.00 for a couple hun worth if meat... so lets not pretend this crackhead is stealing because he is hungry

Re: Raw meat thief....

PostPosted: Jan 8th, 2019, 3:28 pm
by MAPearce
pieinthei wrote:Agreed. as stated in another post.. "they stole out of necessity." nothing will happen. that news post is a waste of space.





He's what you call a "booster" ..

They go to stores , steal stuff and sell it to willing customers at a fairly good discount .

Then they get high..

, you tell him what you want and he would steal it.You paid him $20.00 for a couple hun worth if meat... so lets not pretend this crackhead is stealing because he is hungry


exactly ...

Re: Raw meat thief....

PostPosted: Jan 8th, 2019, 3:58 pm
by my5cents
Well you've all followed the lead of reporter Alana Kelly (again !).

The news item should have read. "Meat Theft turns into Robbery".

Until our hero pulled the knife he was committing "Theft Under $5000, which is a Summary Conviction offense. With a maximum fine of $2000 or 6 months or both.

Pulling the knife makes it a Robbery While Armed with an offensive weapon, an indictable offense, for a first offense he gets 5 years.

So forget the "he just stole food", it's minor.

It's not.

Re: Raw meat thief....

PostPosted: Jan 8th, 2019, 4:04 pm
by pieinthei
my5cents wrote:Well you've all followed the lead of reporter Alana Kelly (again !).

The news item should have read. "Meat Theft turns into Robbery".

Until our hero pulled the knife he was committing "Theft Under $5000, which is a Summary Conviction offense. With a maximum fine of $2000 or 6 months or both.

Pulling the knife makes it a Robbery While Armed with an offensive weapon, an indictable offense, for a first offense he gets 5 years.

So forget the "he just stole food", it's minor.

It's not.


its all minor until someone is killed.. this a :cuss: -hat will get nothing if caught