Knights revoke locals' tickets

Knights revoke locals' tickets

Postby Ace Storman » Jan 11th, 2019, 11:47 am

This article is a good read.

Personally, I feel that this is a good thing. TICKET SCALPING has to be mitigated if not stopped all together. Scalping has caused over inflated ticket prices, which is most cases puts most venues out of reach for the average person (or family).

Reselling seasons tickets on a "re-sellers site" is wrong.

To change this, whats a solution? Perhaps a seasons pass with your photo ID. 1 pass, 1 person, 1 season, and only for the person who's picture appears on the face. Go to one or all the games, its your pass / seat and you own it for the season!

When you purchase a seasons ticket, you are purchasing it so YOU have a guaranteed seat to each and every game for the season. If your spouse/ children are avid sports fans, the same should apply. 4 family members for 4 season tickets and everyone is good.

Once again, good on the Knights for revoking the tickets...

normaM likes this post.
Ace Storman
 
Posts: 48
Likes: 5 posts
Liked in: 14 posts
Joined: Jun 23rd, 2010, 11:07 pm

Re: Knights revoke locals' tickets

Postby Fancy » Jan 11th, 2019, 11:49 am

I read that and was wondering if there is something in writing that says one cannot recoup the cost of a ticket if they can't attend.
Last edited by Fancy on Jan 11th, 2019, 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
User avatar
Fancy
Grand Pilgrim
 
Posts: 47891
Likes: 1345 posts
Liked in: 7047 posts
Joined: Apr 15th, 2006, 6:23 pm

Re: Knights revoke locals' tickets

Postby LTD » Jan 11th, 2019, 11:51 am

youre paying for that seat who sits in it doesnt really matter the seats paid for

3 people like this post.
LTD
Lord of the Board
 
Posts: 4190
Likes: 2925 posts
Liked in: 3325 posts
Joined: Mar 31st, 2010, 3:34 pm

Re: Knights revoke locals' tickets

Postby WalterWhite » Jan 11th, 2019, 11:52 am

Have to say I felt somewhat the same reading this. How often are season tickets purchased by your average Joe from not only out of town, but out of country? I can see it if say you're a Seahawks or Mariner's fan from Vancouver/lower mainland, but a Vegas Knights fan from Kelowna? As stated in the article, they don't just arbitrarily revoke someone's seasons tickets. There's more to this story and the reselling than the local's are letting on.
Forget Cialis, Viagra, or Levitra. When you need to get it up fast - reach for new and improved Westcorp. Proud official suppliers of Basran's *bleep*

2 people like this post.
User avatar
WalterWhite
Grand Pooh-bah
 
Posts: 2785
Likes: 2046 posts
Liked in: 3783 posts
Joined: Jan 31st, 2017, 4:56 pm

Re: Knights revoke locals' tickets

Postby oneh2obabe » Jan 11th, 2019, 12:14 pm

There have been multiple reports across the United States of similar membership cancellations.
The Sullivans own a property in Vegas, and Cheryl wonders if the situation might be different had she used that address since she's read up on multiple reports of out-of-state fans having their memberships cancelled for the same reason.

"You know there's a lady in Utah that her tickets were revoked. There is a guy in Ontario that had his revoked. The guy next to us is from Florida, his tickets have been revoked," she said.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/ ... -1.4970957
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
User avatar
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd
 
Posts: 59348
Likes: 898 posts
Liked in: 6744 posts
Joined: Nov 23rd, 2007, 9:19 am

Re: Knights revoke locals' tickets

Postby soupy » Jan 11th, 2019, 12:15 pm

Ace Storman wrote:This article is a good read.

Personally, I feel that this is a good thing. TICKET SCALPING has to be mitigated if not stopped all together. Scalping has caused over inflated ticket prices, which is most cases puts most venues out of reach for the average person (or family).

Reselling seasons tickets on a "re-sellers site" is wrong.

To change this, whats a solution? Perhaps a seasons pass with your photo ID. 1 pass, 1 person, 1 season, and only for the person who's picture appears on the face. Go to one or all the games, its your pass / seat and you own it for the season!

When you purchase a seasons ticket, you are purchasing it so YOU have a guaranteed seat to each and every game for the season. If your spouse/ children are avid sports fans, the same should apply. 4 family members for 4 season tickets and everyone is good.

Once again, good on the Knights for revoking the tickets...


I disagree on some aspects here. It would be too tough to have to designate 1 person per seat.

Many people have commitments and cannot attend 41 games a year and an arena shouldn't have to be empty as a result.
Are you saying my friend that has Rockets season tickets can no longer take me if his wife cannot make the game?
soupy
Board Meister
 
Posts: 644
Likes: 1211 posts
Liked in: 585 posts
Joined: May 14th, 2006, 10:31 pm

Re: Knights revoke locals' tickets

Postby WalterWhite » Jan 11th, 2019, 12:17 pm

soupy wrote:
Ace Storman wrote:This article is a good read.

Personally, I feel that this is a good thing. TICKET SCALPING has to be mitigated if not stopped all together. Scalping has caused over inflated ticket prices, which is most cases puts most venues out of reach for the average person (or family).

Reselling seasons tickets on a "re-sellers site" is wrong.

To change this, whats a solution? Perhaps a seasons pass with your photo ID. 1 pass, 1 person, 1 season, and only for the person who's picture appears on the face. Go to one or all the games, its your pass / seat and you own it for the season!

When you purchase a seasons ticket, you are purchasing it so YOU have a guaranteed seat to each and every game for the season. If your spouse/ children are avid sports fans, the same should apply. 4 family members for 4 season tickets and everyone is good.

Once again, good on the Knights for revoking the tickets...


I disagree on some aspects here. It would be too tough to have to designate 1 person per seat.

Many people have commitments and cannot attend 41 games a year and an arena shouldn't have to be empty as a result.
Are you saying my friend that has Rockets season tickets can no longer take me if his wife cannot make the game?


If he lived in Vegas and was reselling those same tickets regularly online, then yes, it should be considered.
Forget Cialis, Viagra, or Levitra. When you need to get it up fast - reach for new and improved Westcorp. Proud official suppliers of Basran's *bleep*
User avatar
WalterWhite
Grand Pooh-bah
 
Posts: 2785
Likes: 2046 posts
Liked in: 3783 posts
Joined: Jan 31st, 2017, 4:56 pm

Re: Knights revoke locals' tickets

Postby soupy » Jan 11th, 2019, 12:39 pm

WalterWhite wrote:If he lived in Vegas and was reselling those same tickets regularly online, then yes, it should be considered.


Agreed.
My point was just with Season ticket/seat for 1 person would be too difficult.
"Sorry Billy, Dad can't take you to the game tonight because our 2nd seat has your sisters name / face on it"

Perhaps a better solution would be to get rid of the ease of on-line reselling / transferring of tickets?
If these Season tickets were all individual hard-copy tickets than it would be very difficult for someone in Kelowna to regularly sell them to visitors in Las Vegas.
soupy
Board Meister
 
Posts: 644
Likes: 1211 posts
Liked in: 585 posts
Joined: May 14th, 2006, 10:31 pm

Re: Knights revoke locals' tickets

Postby Ace Storman » Jan 11th, 2019, 1:08 pm

LTD wrote:youre paying for that seat who sits in it doesnt really matter the seats paid for


or better yet, "you're paying for that seat whether YOU sit in it or not. It doesn't really matter, the seat(s) paid for"
Last edited by Ace Storman on Jan 11th, 2019, 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ace Storman
 
Posts: 48
Likes: 5 posts
Liked in: 14 posts
Joined: Jun 23rd, 2010, 11:07 pm

Re: Knights revoke locals' tickets

Postby OKkayak » Jan 11th, 2019, 1:23 pm

The hotels and resorts in Vegas are banking on all the extra tourist dollars the Knights are bringing in. Prices jump significantly during game nights. I can see that a sold seat is a sold seat, and don't disagree with it but on the other hand hockey is big money for Clark County and they don't want to have a half empty arena with sold/empty seats that isn't bring any extra money into the economy.
User avatar
OKkayak
Übergod
 
Posts: 1786
Likes: 1469 posts
Liked in: 1792 posts
Joined: May 14th, 2018, 11:10 pm

Re: Knights revoke locals' tickets

Postby Ace Storman » Jan 11th, 2019, 1:27 pm

soupy wrote:
Ace Storman wrote:This article is a good read.

Personally, I feel that this is a good thing. TICKET SCALPING has to be mitigated if not stopped all together. Scalping has caused over inflated ticket prices, which is most cases puts most venues out of reach for the average person (or family).

Reselling seasons tickets on a "re-sellers site" is wrong.

To change this, whats a solution? Perhaps a seasons pass with your photo ID. 1 pass, 1 person, 1 season, and only for the person who's picture appears on the face. Go to one or all the games, its your pass / seat and you own it for the season!

When you purchase a seasons ticket, you are purchasing it so YOU have a guaranteed seat to each and every game for the season. If your spouse/ children are avid sports fans, the same should apply. 4 family members for 4 season tickets and everyone is good.

Once again, good on the Knights for revoking the tickets...


I disagree on some aspects here. It would be too tough to have to designate 1 person per seat.

Many people have commitments and cannot attend 41 games a year and an arena shouldn't have to be empty as a result.
Are you saying my friend that has Rockets season tickets can no longer take me if his wife cannot make the game?


Its very easy to designate 1 person as a season's ticket holder. Its called a photo ID seasons pass. One just has to look at any ski hill. I remember getting annual seasons passes from Big White. You showed up at the Big White Ski admin office, showed them you ID, paid for a seasons pass, got your picture taken, and 5 minutes later you received your laminated seasons pass with your photo on it. DONE !

If you want to acquire a seasons pass for say the Vancouver Canucks, you go to their Vancouver office, show your ID, pay for a seasons pass, get your picture taken, and 5 minutes later you receive your laminated seasons pass with your photo on it (along with your address / phone number(s)). DONE !
Rules for direct family members could be accommodated. A FAMILY member with the same last name AND the same address as the official pass holder could be offered admission, PROVIDED the original seasons pass is presented at time of admission.

One has to weigh out the fact if a seasons pass is worth the investment. If you feel that you will attend most of the games, perhaps it a good deal. If you feel that you cannot attend the 41 some odd games per season, should you really be purchasing a seasons pass?
Ace Storman
 
Posts: 48
Likes: 5 posts
Liked in: 14 posts
Joined: Jun 23rd, 2010, 11:07 pm

Re: Knights revoke locals' tickets

Postby youjustcomplain » Jan 11th, 2019, 1:33 pm

Unless the contract clearly states that the ticket is non transferable, then I don't see any just cause for a revocation.

I would agree with some other users though. If I pay for a seasons pass, and can't attend all games, why shouldn't someone else be allowed in my seat? I don't know that this is the scenario from the article. It sounds like they're doing it to make money. I don't have an issue with that. The organization got exactly what they asked for in terms of seasons pass sale. If the seat is actually worth more than what they charged, that shouldn't be on them. Again, presuming the ticket is transferable. If not, these guys have no leg to stand on.
youjustcomplain
Generalissimo Postalot
 
Posts: 833
Likes: 224 posts
Liked in: 508 posts
Joined: Jun 14th, 2016, 12:56 pm

Re: Knights revoke locals' tickets

Postby Fancy » Jan 11th, 2019, 1:36 pm

Ace Storman wrote: Rules for direct family members could be accommodated. A FAMILY member with the same last name AND the same address as the official pass holder could be offered admission, PROVIDED the original seasons pass is presented at time of admission.

One has to weigh out the fact if a seasons pass is worth the investment. If you feel that you will attend most of the games, perhaps it a good deal. If you feel that you cannot attend the 41 some odd games per season, should you really be purchasing a seasons pass?

Thoughts:
I know too many blended families so same last name for all family members wouldn't work.
Purchasing a seasons pass ensures the availability of a seat when one wants to attend. Some couples purchase together and divide up the seats so each couple can attend half of the games.
There's so many different options that don't allow what you suggest.
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat

Bsuds likes this post.
User avatar
Fancy
Grand Pilgrim
 
Posts: 47891
Likes: 1345 posts
Liked in: 7047 posts
Joined: Apr 15th, 2006, 6:23 pm

Re: Knights revoke locals' tickets

Postby Fancy » Jan 11th, 2019, 1:38 pm

When they can't attend games, the Sullivans sell their tickets through Flash Seats — a site endorsed by the team. And, the team's website says that if season ticket holders are unable to attend a game they "will have access to sell or forward your tickets … through our designated ticketing system."

So the Sullivans abided by the rules and still had their season tickets revoked.
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
User avatar
Fancy
Grand Pilgrim
 
Posts: 47891
Likes: 1345 posts
Liked in: 7047 posts
Joined: Apr 15th, 2006, 6:23 pm

Re: Knights revoke locals' tickets

Postby soupy » Jan 11th, 2019, 1:39 pm

Ace Storman wrote: Its very easy to designate 1 person as a season's ticket holder. Its called a photo ID seasons pass. One just has to look at any ski hill. I remember getting annual seasons passes from Big White. You showed up at the Big White Ski admin office, showed them you ID, paid for a seasons pass, got your picture taken, and 5 minutes later you received your laminated seasons pass with your photo on it. DONE !

If you want to acquire a seasons pass for say the Vancouver Canucks, you go to their Vancouver office, show your ID, pay for a seasons pass, get your picture taken, and 5 minutes later you receive your laminated seasons pass with your photo on it (along with your address / phone number(s)). DONE !
Rules for direct family members could be accommodated. A FAMILY member with the same last name AND the same address as the official pass holder could be offered admission, PROVIDED the original seasons pass is presented at time of admission.

One has to weigh out the fact if a seasons pass is worth the investment. If you feel that you will attend most of the games, perhaps it a good deal. If you feel that you cannot attend the 41 some odd games per season, should you really be purchasing a seasons pass?


So a company can no longer buy season tickets and distribute them to staff / clients at their leisure?
A person cannot take a friend instead of a family member to a game?

PS ... A lot of family have different last names, and live in different homes.
Father cannot take step-son to game because step-son lives at bio-dad's house and has different last name.

3 people like this post.
soupy
Board Meister
 
Posts: 644
Likes: 1211 posts
Liked in: 585 posts
Joined: May 14th, 2006, 10:31 pm

Next

Return to Central Okanagan

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot], dle and 13 guests