Knights revoke locals' tickets

Re: Knights revoke locals' tickets

Postby Straight Shooter » Jan 13th, 2019, 7:53 am

Hey, the only problem here is that having a season ticket for the Vegas Golden Knights is a hot commodity due to their success on the ice. I think if a class action law suit would be filed by these season ticket holders that they would certainly win their case.
Straight Shooter
Board Meister

Liked in: 238 posts

Postby Straight Shooter » Jan 13th, 2019, 7:57 am

By the way, I have got a ticket vs the Leafs on Thursday February 14th if any one is interested?

dirtybiker likes this post.
Straight Shooter
Board Meister

Liked in: 238 posts

Postby Bsuds » Jan 13th, 2019, 8:00 am

Straight Shooter wrote:Hey, the only problem here is that having a season ticket for the Vegas Golden Knights is a hot commodity due to their success on the ice. I think if a class action law suit would be filed by these season ticket holders that they would certainly win their case.

That might depend on the "fine print" in the season ticket holders agreement.
Why do they put a round pizza in a square box and then eat it in triangles?

GordonH likes this post.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Liked in: 11793 posts

Postby GordonH » Jan 13th, 2019, 9:28 am

Little off topic here:

Looking at current standings 4 teams appear have their playoff almost set at halfway point of the season.
Tampa Bay pretty well has presidents cup lock in, & top 3 teams in Pacific division Calgary, San Jose & Vegas. Everyone else are to close to call with the exception of basement dwellers.
When you have to start compromising yourself and your morals for the people around you, it’s probably time to change the people around you.
GordonH
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 8117 posts
Location: Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning

Postby my5cents » Jan 13th, 2019, 11:38 am

Most posting on this topic have taken a very simplistic definition of "reselling" a ticket.

I'm a season ticket holder, I buy all 41 games, I must go to all 41 games, I can't resell the ticket. If I can't go too bad.

What about someone who wants to buy a season ticket for many people ? Lets say I've got a large family and I'm going to disperse the tickets throughout the family ? Would that be OK ?

So say, "no, we think there should be photo ID to make sure either you go or nobody goes".

OK, so lets take this simple form a little further. Let's say a team that's mediocre, the season ticket base is only 40%. We all know that the vast majority of season tickets for any major sports event are for seats are mostly as close to the centre. There are exceptions I know some people who just love watching hockey in the corners. So the 55 yard line for CFL, (are there really season tickets for CFL ?? 50 yard line NFL, Centre Ice, or at least between the blue lines for hockey, etc etc.

So I'm the only one who can go to watch my team in my centre ice seats, and on this night I can't go. Simple. The seats will be empty, and the people sitting on either side of me, also in prime, expensive season ticket seats will be there. OK so far.

So mid way through the first period, my seats are empty, what do you think is going to happen ? Don't forget because of a draconian rule, since I can't go, I can't give them to my brother in law (or whomever). So knuckle dragger with a belly full of beer from the nose bleed section is going to spot my unoccupied prime location seats and down he comes. Making a jerk out of himself, ruining the game for the season ticket holders sitting in and around my seats. He doesn't care, he bought the tickets at a discount through a grocery store promo, he won't be sitting next to these people again. Up and down for more beer, etc etc. Loud, "f" this "f" that....

So does the franchise turn the arena into a heavily monitored "your papers" "where are you going, lets see your ticket" ???? Venue ? Great atmosphere.

Also this topic came up because of Vegas. Very appropriate. What about hotels ? Can they buy season tickets without designated attendees ? I'm sure all the major hotels have or have access to tickets. What better way to draw good customers to your hotel ? Isn't buying season tickets with the intention to "give" them away to promote your business a form of reselling ?

Season tickets are the backbone of every major sports franchise. Once a season ticket is sold, the team doesn't have to worry about putting a bum in that seat and getting paid, they have the money up front, win win.

Many teams know that season ticket holders can't get to every game and sometimes don't have friends or family that want to go. They actually have ticket reselling services. The season ticket holder can advise the team that they want to resell a seat, the team will sell the ticket for the season ticket holder. To make it easy, the team will electronically cancel the season ticket holders ticket for that game and reissue a new ticket to the buyer, negating the need for the season ticket holder to meet the buyer and hand over the physical ticket.

Now, my biggest gripe. Taxes.....

You work hard for your money, you don't get all the money you earn, because before you even see your pay the government gets their share.

So with this "taxed" money you buy tickets to a sport event. But the business owner, what does he do ? His company buys the tickets, the company (the business owner) gets up to a 50% write off. Then the company owner "only uses the tickets as a promo for his business, he doesn't take his family or buddies, just a business write off" (wink wink, nudge, nudge).

I would say the real truth here is that the Vegas Knights, which caps their season ticket base at 80% and reaches that long before the season starts, is trying to free tickets up for their "good" customers, the hotels, by screwing the little guy.

Don't get me wrong if someone is buying a season ticket just to scalp it, at first proof, cancel the balance of the games and no refund, give the seats to a charity.

I certainly see nothing wrong with a team selling season tickets and providing a means for unneeded season tickets to be resold through the team franchise for the season ticket holder. That way the team has control, no price inflation, just good customer service all around.

You can away tell which teams are doing real well with their season ticket base, the ones that are inflexible and demanding. "Oh you want to go on the season ticket waiting list ? Well that will cost $XXX to register and $XXX a year to remain on the waiting list. Oh, you don't like that ? Tough."
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"

MAPearce likes this post.
my5cents
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 1401 posts

Postby MAPearce » Jan 13th, 2019, 11:54 am

^^^^ You make so much sense on ANY topic...

Can you PLEASE come out of the C'nut closet and run for Prime Minister ?
I payed attention in High school....But not to what they were trying to teach me..

my5cents likes this post.
MAPearce
Walks on Forum Water

Liked in: 4408 posts

Postby dirtybiker » Jan 13th, 2019, 1:45 pm

^^^He may need a couple pairs of spanky new Egyptian combed cotton socks for that gig.^^^^^^^^

May or may not be the same thing here.....I was talking to a Gent at a Rockets game
and he said that the Retirement Residence where he lives has a block of seating for
anyone from said residence to attend, even take a guest or two.

May be entirely different usage compared to a Season ticket holder, yet, that block of
seats is still covered for the season for any face or bum.
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"
dirtybiker
Guru

Liked in: 3383 posts

Postby southy » Jan 13th, 2019, 1:54 pm

I believe the following will answer many of the questions posed on here. Also, let's remember the Knights are a privately owned company.

Here is link: https://lvsportsbiz.com/2018/09/18/gold ... rty-sites/
southy
Grand Pooh-bah

Liked in: 758 posts

Postby my5cents » Jan 13th, 2019, 3:18 pm

southy wrote:I believe the following will answer many of the questions posed on here. Also, let's remember the Knights are a privately owned company.

Here is link: https://lvsportsbiz.com/2018/09/18/gold ... rty-sites/

Good find southy, thanks.

Cancelling seasons tickets for selling through "non-verified third party sites". No problem with that at all.

The initial CBC story says they Sullivans sold their tickets through "Flash Seats" …."a site endorsed by the team"

Somebody's fibbing :-X

That makes sense if what the team says is true. The team is basically, combating scalping.

Gee I wish the government would make every venue (ticket sales organization) combat scalping for all sporting events and concerts. I think that government task is in the same "to do" pile with regulating pump prices for gasoline.

While we're at it. I went in to the ticket vendor for the Kelowna Rockets and the Penticton Vees, just to see...

In both cases I could get good centre ice close to the ice seats. So I wouldn't have to buy scalped tickets.

Strange things I noticed. For Kelowna there were two seats right at the glass (no it wouldn't be my choice, but I wasn't really buying) So I clicked on one of the two seats in the centre of the aisle.

When I tried to go further I got an error msg "Your requested seats have been released because you may not leave a gap between occupied seats. Please select again.

So in other words the program is set up such that if there were three seats available, you couldn't select the middle seat and thus leave two singles, BUT there were only two seats left. I basically couldn't buy one seat if there were two seats available. Nice.

But good news, with the Rockets, if I chose to print my own ticket at home I didn't have to pay a delivery charge, the same as if I picked the ticket up at "will call".

For the Penticton Vees, if I chose to print my own ticket, I had to pay $1.50 for the pleasure of using my own printer and paper ???? what the ??? It was free if I picked the ticket up at "will call", but not if I printed my own.

In each case I had to pay an "order fee", on top of the price of the tickets ? That's always bugged me. When you order something on line to later pick it up at a local store (let's say Staples, WalMart, or London Drugs) do they charge you an order fee ? No, they're apparently happy that you chose to shop at their store.

I realize there are fees associated with on line grocery purchases, understandable since they are all over the store picking up individual items, then having it ready to give to the customer. A sporting event it just supplying a ticket. What next a charge to have your ticket scanned at the door and let in ?

!!"my5" for PM !!! :laugh:
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"
my5cents
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 1401 posts

Postby Fancy » Jan 18th, 2019, 11:45 am

A Kelowna man who had his seasons tickets to the Las Vegas Golden Knights revoked, has got his seats back.
Nathan Zinner and four friends said they locked into a five-year contract and a three-year price lock with the Knights when they first bought the tickets. It worked out to about $4,400 a year for four season tickets.

They wanted to be part of NHL history and bought the tickets right from the team's beginning.

“We love Vegas and we love hockey,” said Zinner. “More than anything, it was the opportunity to get in from the start.”

On Jan. 2, he received an email from Golden Knights' membership services stating their memberships had been revoked.

Zinner said the team thought the group was acting as brokers, but he says they are true fans.

He told Castanet: “We weren’t trying to make a profit. It’s extremely frustrating.”

On Tuesday, the team called Zinner, and they came to a resolution and were convinced they were “true fans.”

“I felt like they were being honest with us and we were as well,” he said. “They want us in our seats as much as possible.”

Zinner said they are going to donate some tickets to the Golden Knights Foundation charity, and they will get to keep their tickets.

“We are not just in it for the money,” he said.

Zinner said he and his friends can’t wait to be back in their seats in February, for the next game they can attend.

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#247013
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Fancy
Grand Pilgrim

Liked in: 6714 posts

Previous

Return to Central Okanagan