Jailed for touching a child

Bikes

Re: Jailed for touching a child

Post by Bikes »

now someone is complaining on letters to the editor that it has nothing to do with the trans issue.

the relevant question is
did the offender have or not have a penis (not what are they sporting now) while the offenses where committed and how does that affect sentencing??
soupy
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by soupy »

Bikes wrote:now someone is complaining on letters to the editor that it has nothing to do with the trans issue.

the relevant question is
did the offender have or not have a penis (not what are they sporting now) while the offenses where committed and how does that affect sentencing??

Ridiculous this has had so much discussion.

If the offender is an adult, and the victim is a child it should have no baring on the sentencing.
I dont care what a person's sex, colour, accent, height, weight etc. is. They should be locked up!!
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Sexual interference

151 Every person who, for a sexual purpose, touches, directly or indirectly, with a part of the body or with an object, any part of the body of a person under the age of 16 years

(a) is guilty of an indictable offence and is liable to imprisonment for a term of not more than 14 years and to a minimum punishment of imprisonment for a term of one year; or

(b) is guilty of an offence punishable on summary conviction and is liable to imprisonment for a term of not more than two years less a day and to a minimum punishment of imprisonment for a term of 90 days.

Criminal Code.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
36Drew
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by 36Drew »

soupy wrote:I dont care what a person's sex, colour, accent, height, weight etc. is. They should be locked up!!

The perpetrator has been sentenced and is to be jailed. From the article, however:

McParland noted that when it comes to placement of transgender inmates, BC Corrections makes decisions on a case-by-case basis, and if Carlson is initially placed in a male institution, she can apply to be transferred to a female one.

Carlson (the perpetrator) sexually abused a female child. He transitioned to Riley, and according to the article can potentially be placed in a female prison. Do you believe that this convicted sex offender should be jailed as a man or a woman?
I'd like to change your mind, but I don't have a fresh diaper.
soupy
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by soupy »

36Drew wrote:
soupy wrote:I dont care what a person's sex, colour, accent, height, weight etc. is. They should be locked up!!

The perpetrator has been sentenced and is to be jailed. From the article, however:

McParland noted that when it comes to placement of transgender inmates, BC Corrections makes decisions on a case-by-case basis, and if Carlson is initially placed in a male institution, she can apply to be transferred to a female one.

Carlson (the perpetrator) sexually abused a female child. He transitioned to Riley, and according to the article can potentially be placed in a female prison. Do you believe that this convicted sex offender should be jailed as a man or a woman?

I am probably the wrong person to ask.
As I personally believe anyone convicted of sexually abusing a child should face the death penalty.
Therefore it would not matter the sex / identity of the perpetrator.

As I know we do not have the death penalty, I see no problem with this perpetrator being jailed alone in complete isolation. Then it would remove any decision on a male / female prison.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

soupy wrote:I am probably the wrong person to ask.
As I personally believe anyone convicted of sexually abusing a child should face the death penalty.
Therefore it would not matter the sex / identity of the perpetrator.

As I know we do not have the death penalty, I see no problem with this perpetrator being jailed alone in complete isolation. Then it would remove any decision on a male / female prison.

impo appropriate punishment is just underwear & flip flops & dropped off few hundred kms inland of Antarctica. With the parting words... Good luck.
Then no prison needed
Yes, I hate anyone who molests, abuses children in anyway. Oh yes, I don't give a damn what the molester/abusers sexual orientation is.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
JayByrd
Lord of the Board

Post by JayByrd »

soupy wrote:Ridiculous this has had so much discussion.

If the offender is an adult, and the victim is a child it should have no baring on the sentencing.
I dont care what a person's sex, colour, accent, height, weight etc. is. They should be locked up!!

Agreed. If the inmate needs to be housed in one particular place or another for whatever reason, it's Corrections BC's job to sort that out.
When someone says they pay taxes, you know they're about to be an ******e.
RUEZ
Fledgling

Post by RUEZ »

Mark1111 wrote:Yup. Exactly the response I expected. And to be fair you’re not wrong. But it presents a glaring example to me of the potential issues introduced with mixed gender bathrooms in schools. My opinion.

How does transgender and mixed gender bathrooms even belong in this conversations? The Catholic priests that molested children were just as likely to abuse boys as girls. They would have used the same bathrooms as the boys. You're trying to justify your bigotry with a real issue.
RUEZ
Fledgling

Post by RUEZ »

voice of reason wrote:thee are only 2 genders and transgenderism is a mental illness

Where did you get your degree in clinical psychology?
RUEZ
Fledgling

Post by RUEZ »

crookedmember wrote:Conservatives: “We have to oppose gay-straight alliances in schools, oppose same sex marriage, and take away trans people’s rights because of MORALITY."

Also Conservatives:

Assaults by transgender people in bathrooms is a non-existent problem. Conservative males are a much larger threat.

Save the children. Ban conservatives.
this argument is as stupid as blaming transgenders.

Return to “Central Okanagan”