Downtown Dealer jailed

Re: Downtown Dealer jailed

Postby Mark1111 » Jan 19th, 2019, 7:27 pm

OldBlindDog wrote:It must be so disheartening to be a police officer in this town. You can do everything right, catch the bad guy, dot your i's and cross your t's to make sure a criminal doesn't get off on a technicality, and the courts will just hand out a tiny wrist slap or nothing at all.

Cops AND prosecutors. Surprised you don’t hear more stories about either slamming people off the road on their way home. I can’t imagine the tolerance required to deal with the outright stupidity that these folks have to swallow in their day-to-day. Sadly it will still take some more time but eventually even the most embarrassingly stupid SJW (and politician) will realize that our justice system is very badly broken (and if they are the last to realize it the pitchfork crowd will explain it to them as they toss them off the bridge). Unfortunately I believe history will repeat itself, maybe sooner than even I fear, and the change will come at the hands of a newly elected hard-core huge ‘C’ conservative government, when it does come, and it won’t be pretty. Think Andrew Sheer is scary? Not even close.
If you want to test a man's character, give him power.
A. Lincoln
Mark1111
Fledgling

Liked in: 304 posts

Postby dirtybiker » Jan 19th, 2019, 7:56 pm

Ken7 wrote: Maybe we need heeling lodges for prisons.

I sure hope the chosen spelling of "heeling' in the stead
of 'healing' was on purpose.
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"

cutter7 likes this post.
dirtybiker
Guru

Liked in: 3382 posts

Postby cutter7 » Jan 20th, 2019, 7:08 am

Anyone here old enough to remember the old anti-marijuana ads?
Be careful some unscrupulous dealer might spike your drink.

Rather than buy into the evils of drugs and drug dealers maybe it's time to look into why so many people are using illegal drugs and then change our approach to dealing with the problem.
cutter7
Grand Pooh-bah

Liked in: 206 posts

Postby Ken7 » Jan 20th, 2019, 9:42 am

dirtybiker wrote:

I sure hope the chosen spelling of "heeling' in the stead
of 'healing' was on purpose.[/quote]

OK..sorry healing...my spell check missed it!
Ken7
Guru

Liked in: 2960 posts

Postby Ken7 » Jan 20th, 2019, 9:46 am

cutter7 wrote:Anyone here old enough to remember the old anti-marijuana ads?

Rather than buy into the evils of drugs and drug dealers maybe it's time to look into why so many people are using illegal drugs and then change our approach to dealing with the problem.

I don't smoke, drink or chew and rarely hang with those who do. Just kidding, but I will never smoke again anything. There is some suggestion that the cost of legal product is out of line with the market.

Think about who will purchase legal, say six months from today. It will be the professional people who can afford their taxed smoke. The average "blue collar" or "middle class" is trying to save every extra dime, therefore they will buy what they can afford.

Just like why are all cars not BMW or Lexus...
Ken7
Guru

Postby Queen K » Jan 20th, 2019, 11:00 am

cutter7 wrote:Anyone here old enough to remember the old anti-marijuana ads?

Yes, the why and somehow address the "why".

We would agree completely that there is something missing in our super rich society that so many have to have/do/inject/smoke illegal drugs.

Maybe all the addicts need a Walk-About, or a trip through Africa, or have to complete a ritual of some sort like other societies do?
Here I thought there was nothing lower than a snakes belly in a rut in a ditch. I was wrong.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Liked in: 13986 posts

Postby Terris » Jan 20th, 2019, 11:11 am

Queen K wrote:Yes, the why and somehow address the "why".

We would agree completely that there is something missing in our super rich society that so many have to have/do/inject/smoke illegal drugs.

Maybe all the addicts need a Walk-About, or a trip through Africa, or have to complete a ritual of some sort like other societies do?

Shutting down the television networks for a year would be a good start towards ending a lot of the current societal ills and stupidity...
Terris
Board Meister

Liked in: 288 posts

Postby alanjh595 » Jan 20th, 2019, 3:04 pm

Terris wrote:Shutting down the television networks for a year would be a good start towards ending a lot of the current societal ills and stupidity...

That would just make the internet and Youtube even more popular. and you think TV is bad? :laugh:
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.
alanjh595
Guru

Liked in: 3818 posts

Postby voice of reason » Jan 20th, 2019, 3:24 pm

i dont care if he found jesus while in jail . that should have zero bearing on his legal case. there is zero historical proof jesus ever existed and god is a fairy tale. deciding you believe in some things that do not exist should not get you a lighter sentence . it should get you a psychological evaluation

WalterWhite likes this post.
voice of reason
Generalissimo Postalot

Liked in: 990 posts

Postby alanjh595 » Jan 20th, 2019, 5:08 pm

He has only said. "that he found a higher power". There is no mention of Jesus or any other recognizable religion. Just a broad, non-script "higher power".
Therefore he is not committed to anything.
Since, we can not ask, (due to human rights and rights to privacy) we will never know.

He could have found his higher power to be Satin.
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.

the truth likes this post.
alanjh595
Guru

Liked in: 3818 posts

Postby Catsumi » Jan 20th, 2019, 5:44 pm

Satin vs denim ? :biggrin:
Make the Cdn wet dream come true. Vote MAD MAX

Like a plague, JT must go!
Catsumi
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 3471 posts

Postby Queen K » Jan 20th, 2019, 5:58 pm

In that guy's case, it's going to be slippery.
Here I thought there was nothing lower than a snakes belly in a rut in a ditch. I was wrong.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Liked in: 13986 posts

Postby GordonH » Jan 20th, 2019, 6:09 pm

Finding a higher power, god or whatever, does not remove any accountability for ones actions or consequences for those actions.
When you have to start compromising yourself and your morals for the people around you, it’s probably time to change the people around you.

3 people like this post.
GordonH
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 8114 posts
Location: Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning

Postby the truth » Jan 20th, 2019, 6:12 pm

alanjh595 wrote:He has only said. "that he found a higher power". There is no mention of Jesus or any other recognizable religion. Just a broad, non-script "higher power".
Since, we can not ask, (due to human rights and rights to privacy) we will never know.

safe bet you are correct
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
the truth
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 6530 posts

Postby Ken7 » Jan 20th, 2019, 6:27 pm

alanjh595 wrote:He has only said. "that he found a higher power". There is no mention of Jesus or any other recognizable religion. Just a broad, non-script "higher power".

I always say they saw the light, it's funny how they change when laying in the dark hiding quietly and you catch them shining your mag light in their eyes.

In court their lawyer always say, my client has seen the light! They never really tell the rest of the story or they would still be at large!! [icon_lol2.gif]
Ken7
Guru

PreviousNext

Return to Central Okanagan