Homeless Hero

dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Homeless Hero

Post by dirtybiker »

I don't find the root of the story hard to believe.
Even if there 'may' be some embellishments.

I was caught up in an unfortunate situation in downtown Edmonton
years ago.
The first responders on scene were the area homeless.

They did all they could to render some first aid and comfort until
authorities arrived.
Then they also stuck around to give darn fine witness accounts of
exactly what transpired.

I may be harsh on such subjects, but also forever thankful to those
souls that were there in time of need.
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"
WalterWhite
Lord of the Board

Post by WalterWhite »

There’s good people everywhere in the world - yes, even within the homeless communities. Just as they aren’t all drugged -addled psychopaths - they aren’t all saints either. Sad that the simple effort by one human being to come to the aid of another is made so remarkable by their stance in life. Sorry, but one can’t not acknowledge the fact there’s an agenda involved here.
Calculator

Post by Calculator »

spooker wrote:As I am a friend of the writer on Facebook and have known her as a friend for almost a decade I did see this on her feed before seeing it as a letter to the editor on Castanet ... but how that would affect your own interpretation of this story I can't say ...

That's good enough for me
spooker

Post by spooker »

WalterWhite wrote:There’s good people everywhere in the world - yes, even within the homeless communities. Just as they aren’t all drugged -addled psychopaths - they aren’t all saints either. Sad that the simple effort by one human being to come to the aid of another is made so remarkable by their stance in life. Sorry, but one can’t not acknowledge the fact there’s an agenda involved here.

Sadly, stories to the good are proven to not get the same number of clicks as the opposite ...

Return to “Central Okanagan”