Police at Orchard Park

Re: Police at Orchard Park

Postby kumazatheef » Jan 30th, 2019, 1:14 am

Do you want a personally addressed write-up of the series of events that transpired?
Do you honestly think you're somehow "owed" that?

Crikey, it hasn't quite been a week, this isn't CSI where it's all buttoned up in 60 minutes.

Some info is purposely kept from the public to avoid impact on potential future court cases. And some info is just horribly reported by the "National Enquirer of the Okanagan".

...and you wonder why people are asking questions?

Actually I was wondering if anyone actually knew of more details instead of laying down speculations as if they were facts.
Then I was also commenting on the large gap between what's reported in "media" and what I've heard from other closer accounts.
It's comical at best, but overall par for the course.

As for the reference to Slocan Valley, can't say I know what that's in reference to, but perhaps filing under "Access to Info" Act would would garner some answers.
kumazatheef
Board Meister

Liked in: 157 posts

Postby Vacancyrate » Jan 30th, 2019, 1:19 am

kumazatheef wrote:Do you want a personally addressed write-up of the series of events that transpired?
Do you honestly think you're somehow "owed" that?

I think it's reasonable to demand timely answers to questions concerning gunplay in very public areas, especially when it appears that the public was put at risk and excessive force was used.

If a suspect opens fire on the police we know it that day. The police are very quick to justify their actions and there is no reason to hold information back for a court case lol. The charges are posted.

All we have is crickets, no firearms charges and a bunch of bullet holes in the drivers side of a car.

As for the reference to Slocan Valley, can't say I know what that's in reference to, but perhaps filing under "Access to Info" Act would would garner some answers.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british- ... -1.4599959
Vacancyrate
Übergod

Liked in: 1096 posts

Postby GordonH » Jan 30th, 2019, 2:06 am

It appears certain individuals on this forum need to get there Press Pass, so they can ask the police directly the questions they want answers to.
Oh just a heads up... you would be able to ask, no guarantee to get those answers you are looking for.
When you have to start compromising yourself and your morals for the people around you, it’s probably time to change the people around you. John Spence
GordonH
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 9087 posts
Location: Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning

Postby Fancy » Jan 30th, 2019, 7:27 am

Vacancyrate wrote:The public is totally in the dark it's true, but the ERT shot and killed a man in the back in the Slocan valley and the police were cleared of any wrongdoing so just because the police are cleared doesn't necessarily make it so.

That's not true. Pathologists 3 and 4 confirmed the travel of bullet was front to back. And if you had read the link YOU posted you would have known that.

Vacancyrate wrote:The people shot at the police and Westside road is pretty rural.

Criteria for a high speed chase was met.

Many times they are not.
Westside Road might be rural but it isn't a quiet road. And the point I was making the police DO participate in high speed chases - not that they don't as you stated.

Vacancyrate wrote:I think it's reasonable to demand timely answers to questions concerning gunplay in very public areas, especially when it appears that the public was put at risk and excessive force was used.

Then I suggest contacting the IIO - they are the ones investigating the incident.

http://iiobc.ca/2019/01/25/iio-seeking- ... -2019-017/
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Fancy
Grand Pilgrim

Liked in: 7761 posts

Postby Piecemaker » Feb 21st, 2019, 7:07 pm

Read today on another news site that the individual shot at the Orchard Park take down is recovering in hospital and is in a wheelchair. Do not know if that is temporary or permanent.
It's possible to do all the right things and still get a bad result.
Piecemaker
Walks on Forum Water

Liked in: 1895 posts

Postby Andy S » Feb 21st, 2019, 8:59 pm

not a very upstanding contributor to society. They can't detain him in lockup, so the hospital, with a guard, has to be the way it is for now.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
One can always reason with reason.
Andy S
Board Meister

Liked in: 53 posts

Postby Vacancyrate » Feb 21st, 2019, 9:01 pm

Piecemaker wrote:Read today on another news site that the individual shot at the Orchard Park take down is recovering in hospital and is in a wheelchair. Do not know if that is temporary or permanent.

We still have no idea why that man was shot.

Military police shoot a unarmed man in a highly public area packed with civilians and all we know is that he had a criminal record and he allegedly road raged the previous day with "bear spray". No justification, no public statement. No weapons charges except for bear spray. Sent straight to the Independent Investigators.

If he's in a wheelchair because of trigger happy ERT member this thread is going to turn into a gong show.

"He deserves to be in a wheelchair - he had a criminal record and shot off bear spray!"
Vacancyrate
Übergod

Postby LTD » Feb 21st, 2019, 9:09 pm

might of had something to do with the stolen vehicle he was going to run down a cop with in order to escape and yes he deserved to be shot and no I couldn't care less if he is in a wheel chair

2 people like this post.
LTD
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 3817 posts

Postby RupertBear » Feb 21st, 2019, 9:31 pm

Vacancyrate wrote:
We still have no idea why that man was shot.

"

I think we’ve been over this before, and everyone (except you) seems to understand.
The police know a lot more about the individual and the situation they faced at the time than we do, and they took the appropriate actions. The suspect was apprehended and no one was hurt, except for the suspect.
I’m not sure why you refuse to accept that.

6 people like this post.
RupertBear
Generalissimo Postalot

Liked in: 825 posts

Postby Vacancyrate » Feb 22nd, 2019, 10:02 am

RupertBear wrote:The police know a lot more about the individual and the situation they faced at the time than we do, and they took the appropriate actions.

We'll see what the Investigators say.

RupertBear likes this post.
Vacancyrate
Übergod

Postby the truth » Feb 22nd, 2019, 10:06 am

LTD wrote:might of had something to do with the stolen vehicle he was going to run down a cop with in order to escape and yes he deserved to be shot and no I couldn't care less if he is in a wheel chair

x2 :smt045
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
the truth
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 7869 posts

Postby Vacancyrate » Feb 24th, 2019, 10:56 pm

Oh look they brought out the RECON SNIPERS in our city again.

This sniper gets more action that he would have if he was stationed in Afghanistan!

He's writing a book : KABUL in KELOWNA : My time in hell

I guess the people arrested must have done something crazy like shoplifted 2 years ago and swore at a old woman in the Costco parking lot from their 1997 Honda Accord weapon-vehicle.

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#250009
Vacancyrate
Übergod

Postby Fancy » Feb 25th, 2019, 7:12 am

Is there a link to the Orchard Park incident?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Fancy
Grand Pilgrim

Liked in: 7761 posts

Postby WalterWhite » Feb 25th, 2019, 7:23 am

Fancy wrote:Is there a link to the Orchard Park incident?

In some people’s minds there is...
I’ve looked at that photo several times, and I still don’t see a rifle - I see a spotting scope. Eyewitness accounts aren’t always 100% accurate.

2 people like this post.
WalterWhite

Liked in: 5564 posts

Postby Lady tehMa » Feb 25th, 2019, 8:02 am

I for one am glad of reports of our police at work. Much better than the "where WERE they?" questions we ask after crime happens.
PLEASE use spellcheck. If that is too hard, consider installing the Grammarly (free!) app that will not only spellcheck for you (AND offer corrections!) but also make sure that your sentences are grammatically correct.

You're welcome.

the truth likes this post.
Lady tehMa
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 4677 posts

PreviousNext

Return to Central Okanagan