Police at Orchard Park

Re: Police at Orchard Park

Postby kumazatheef » Jan 30th, 2019, 12:14 am

Do you want a personally addressed write-up of the series of events that transpired?
Do you honestly think you're somehow "owed" that?

Crikey, it hasn't quite been a week, this isn't CSI where it's all buttoned up in 60 minutes.

Some info is purposely kept from the public to avoid impact on potential future court cases. And some info is just horribly reported by the "National Enquirer of the Okanagan".

...and you wonder why people are asking questions?

Actually I was wondering if anyone actually knew of more details instead of laying down speculations as if they were facts.
Then I was also commenting on the large gap between what's reported in "media" and what I've heard from other closer accounts.
It's comical at best, but overall par for the course.

As for the reference to Slocan Valley, can't say I know what that's in reference to, but perhaps filing under "Access to Info" Act would would garner some answers.
kumazatheef
Board Meister

Liked in: 157 posts

Postby Vacancyrate » Jan 30th, 2019, 12:19 am

kumazatheef wrote:Do you want a personally addressed write-up of the series of events that transpired?
Do you honestly think you're somehow "owed" that?

I think it's reasonable to demand timely answers to questions concerning gunplay in very public areas, especially when it appears that the public was put at risk and excessive force was used.

If a suspect opens fire on the police we know it that day. The police are very quick to justify their actions and there is no reason to hold information back for a court case lol. The charges are posted.

All we have is crickets, no firearms charges and a bunch of bullet holes in the drivers side of a car.

As for the reference to Slocan Valley, can't say I know what that's in reference to, but perhaps filing under "Access to Info" Act would would garner some answers.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british- ... -1.4599959
Vacancyrate
Generalissimo Postalot

Liked in: 638 posts

Postby GordonH » Jan 30th, 2019, 1:06 am

It appears certain individuals on this forum need to get there Press Pass, so they can ask the police directly the questions they want answers to.
Oh just a heads up... you would be able to ask, no guarantee to get those answers you are looking for.
When you have to start compromising yourself and your morals for the people around you, it’s probably time to change the people around you.
GordonH
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 8101 posts
Location: Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning

Postby Fancy » Jan 30th, 2019, 6:27 am

Vacancyrate wrote:The public is totally in the dark it's true, but the ERT shot and killed a man in the back in the Slocan valley and the police were cleared of any wrongdoing so just because the police are cleared doesn't necessarily make it so.

That's not true. Pathologists 3 and 4 confirmed the travel of bullet was front to back. And if you had read the link YOU posted you would have known that.

Vacancyrate wrote:The people shot at the police and Westside road is pretty rural.

Criteria for a high speed chase was met.

Many times they are not.
Westside Road might be rural but it isn't a quiet road. And the point I was making the police DO participate in high speed chases - not that they don't as you stated.

Vacancyrate wrote:I think it's reasonable to demand timely answers to questions concerning gunplay in very public areas, especially when it appears that the public was put at risk and excessive force was used.

Then I suggest contacting the IIO - they are the ones investigating the incident.

http://iiobc.ca/2019/01/25/iio-seeking- ... -2019-017/
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Fancy
Grand Pilgrim

Liked in: 6699 posts

Previous

Return to Central Okanagan