H2O Centre

Anonymous123
Lord of the Board

H2O Centre

Post by Anonymous123 »

Has anyone else experienced a “ cancellation “ fee at the H2O centre? After a year of membership at the centre, of which there were less than a dozen visits, there was a $39 cancellation fee!
Be careful when you follow the masses.
Sometimes the M is silent
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Re: H2O Centre

Post by Bsuds »

According to their website it should be a maximum of $30 per family to cancel, and yes that sounds strange to me but it is what you signed up for.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

wow :200: sounds like a money grab
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

Cancellation fees seem to be the norm now a days ... But i am surprised that H2O would do that .

What surprises me though is the amount of people who wake up at 5 am to go for a swim or workout there ..

I've been passing by on my irregular commute for the past two weeks and can't help but notice the people already there or just getting there for whatever reason they go there for .. Who gets up at that time in the am for a swim ??

Some do ..
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
WalterWhite
Lord of the Board

Post by WalterWhite »

That’s been the policy since it opened:

https://www.h2okelowna.ca/H2O-Adventure ... Membership

I believe it’s also refundable should membership be reactivated by any family member within the year.

I think Parkinson has a similar fee for “administration” upon cancellation.
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

Shortly after I came to Canada I got a years gym membership. I walked in, chatted with the young man, signed and paid for the membership, went in, changed and went for my first work out ever.
I figured it would be up there with carrying water.
I finished my workout much more premature than I anticipated. I went to shower and passed out with the warm water cascading over my nude corpse.
When I woke up I dressed and went to the same guy and cancelled .
I went outside into the bitter cold and looked at the donut shop across the street where I spent the next hour inducing guilt.
I never went back to the gym again.
I prefer going to the John over the gym.
Buns of cinnamon are easier and more comforting than buns of steel.
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.
seewood
Guru

Post by seewood »

MAPearce wrote:What surprises me though is the amount of people who wake up at 5 am to go for a swim or workout there ..I've been passing by on my irregular commute for the past two weeks and can't help but notice the people already there or just getting there for whatever reason they go there for .. Who gets up at that time in the am for a swim ??Some do ..

I used to be 6:30-7 in the pool and then in the lake during summer months.
Now retired, closer to 10:00 or even 2 ish....
I am not wealthy but I am rich
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

I used to be 6:30-7 in the pool and then in the lake during summer months.
Now retired, closer to 10:00 or even 2 ish....

Enjoy your retirement . I pass on my way to work and can only think about WHY people do that for fun ...

when I retire ,I'll get up at 2 ish to go fishing ... or not ...
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
Anonymous123
Lord of the Board

Post by Anonymous123 »

WalterWhite wrote:That’s been the policy since it opened:

https://www.h2okelowna.ca/H2O-Adventure ... Membership

I believe it’s also refundable should membership be reactivated by any family member within the year.

I think Parkinson has a similar fee for “administration” upon cancellation.

I guess it would have been easier and cheaper just to put a stop payment in at the bank.
Be careful when you follow the masses.
Sometimes the M is silent
spooker

Post by spooker »

MAPearce wrote:Cancellation fees seem to be the norm now a days ... But i am surprised that H2O would do that .

What surprises me though is the amount of people who wake up at 5 am to go for a swim or workout there ..

I've been passing by on my irregular commute for the past two weeks and can't help but notice the people already there or just getting there for whatever reason they go there for .. Who gets up at that time in the am for a swim ??

Some do ..

On Tuesdays you can't enter the water until 5:45am and Fridays it's 6:00am ... those are my regular days to hit the pool for laps early in the morning ... been doing the 6am workout now for about 6 years and really enjoying starting my day off that way, swimming or running keeps me in better shape than I was in my 20s and 30s ...

I've been a member of H2O for about 4 years now and I really like it for all that you can do there ... child and I go swimming most Saturdays to let mom have some quiet time ...
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

I've been a member of H2O for about 4 years now and I really like it for all that you can do there ... child and I go swimming most Saturdays to let mom have some quiet time ...

Nice ! Glad that works for you , child AND mom ..

I do recall that there was some "opposition" to that place being built on the "tax payers" dime from the get go ..

Good to see that from your perspective and mine in just passing that H2O is being used AND has turned out to be of great value to the community ..
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

I'm there for about 8-9 hrs a week during the winter months.
It could sure use a few more swipes of the mop through the
showers and change rooms for sure.
As loud as some kids get, I just remind myself, and any
whiners, that we built it for them.

Family membership for many years.
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"
OKkayak
Walks on Forum Water

Post by OKkayak »

MAPearce wrote:Who gets up at that time in the am for a swim ??

Who gets up at that time in the AM period? :200: :sleepdeprived: [icon_lol2.gif]
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

Maybe if you explained the reason for cancelling you could get the fee back?
Glad it is busy there,, drive by it all the time. Note Drive by it :)
Besides it is know a point of reference for ppl coming to see us - before the H2O Centre? No no, farther
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second
KelownaCrackinCrew
Fledgling

Post by KelownaCrackinCrew »

I'm in bed by 11:30PM every night and up at 2:30AM
Those who swim early are smart. How are you suprised? It's a form of exercise. Also, they have a gym there as well.

Return to “Central Okanagan”