Truck Thief Foiled....

Truck Thief Foiled....

Postby dle » Jan 28th, 2019, 3:39 pm

https://www.castanet.net/news/Kelowna/2 ... ief-foiled

I wonder if they still have her in custody.....and for how long she will stay there. She obviously couldn't care less what conditions she is released under - she's going right back to doing whatever the hell she wants so jail is the best place for her. Or maybe she's a candidate for one of the wet facilities, or maybe she already has a home, whatever her deal is, she's only 21 - what a life. IMHO she needs to be removed from that life to stand a chance at a better one - not put right back into it - whether she likes it or not. She's not abiding by the rules, and she's infringing on the rights of others, so now she needs to forfeit her right to be free for a while and be detoxed - whether she likes that or not as well.

30 needles on her person - used needles - this surprises me - they usually leave them on the streets. For sure the guy is pretty lucky she didn't get a hand free and stab him with the needles or the knife but I can certainly understand his frustration knowing if he didn't do anything nobody was going to do anything. She went to some extremes to get at that vehicle.

2 people like this post.
dle
Grand Pooh-bah

Liked in: 2551 posts

Re: Truck Thief Foiled....

Postby pieinthei » Jan 28th, 2019, 3:47 pm

dle wrote:https://www.castanet.net/news/Kelowna/247871/Drama-as-truck-thief-foiled

I wonder if they still have her in custody.....and for how long she will stay there. She obviously couldn't care less what conditions she is released under - she's going right back to doing whatever the hell she wants so jail is the best place for her. Or maybe she's a candidate for one of the wet facilities, or maybe she already has a home, whatever her deal is, she's only 21 - what a life. IMHO she needs to be removed from that life to stand a chance at a better one - not put right back into it - whether she likes it or not. She's not abiding by the rules, and she's infringing on the rights of others, so now she needs to forfeit her right to be free for a while and be detoxed - whether she likes that or not as well.

30 needles on her person - used needles - this surprises me - they usually leave them on the streets. For sure the guy is pretty lucky she didn't get a hand free and stab him with the needles or the knife but I can certainly understand his frustration knowing if he didn't do anything nobody was going to do anything. She went to some extremes to get at that vehicle.

i generally do not advocate for junkies.. and i wont this time either..
this kid is 21 though.. what the :cuss: .. if anyone should get the help (while in jail) to get back on track, it is someone who still has a chance.. like a 21 yr old.
Last edited by pieinthei on Jan 28th, 2019, 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pieinthei
Generalissimo Postalot

Liked in: 875 posts

Postby soupy » Jan 28th, 2019, 3:48 pm

Just forunate he didnt get run over.

Not worth risking your life over this.

Don't leave a running vehicle unattended. Easy for crimes of opportunity.

**And yes, I hope she does not get released on a promise to appear. Lock her up and sentence her.
soupy
Generalissimo Postalot

Liked in: 820 posts

Postby bjsilent » Jan 28th, 2019, 3:59 pm

If it's who i think it is she has a very lengthy criminal record !!!
bjsilent
Board Meister

Liked in: 478 posts

Postby alanjh595 » Jan 28th, 2019, 4:28 pm

She should be held in cells for a minimum of 7 days. Let's see if she starts "jonesing" while locked up. If she does, we know that she is on drugs.
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.
alanjh595
Guru

Liked in: 4863 posts

Postby Bpeep » Jan 28th, 2019, 4:34 pm

It's too bad you can't shoot these losers like you can in other places.
There'd be a lot less of this type of behavior going on.
But since she's an addict, she'll be excused and cared for on your money.
And it's likely her behavior won't change.
Have fun working so you can support and house her and her ilk, all while they're committing costly offences against you.
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive *bleep* excessively.

5 people like this post.
Bpeep
Mindquad

Liked in: 10445 posts

Postby the truth » Jan 28th, 2019, 4:44 pm

Bpeep wrote:It's too bad you can't shoot these losers like you can in other places.
There'd be a lot less of this type of behavior going on.
But since she's an addict, she'll be excused and cared for on your money.
And it's likely her behavior won't change.
Have fun working so you can support and house her and her ilk, all while they're committing costly offences against you.

sad but true
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
the truth
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 7869 posts

Postby W105 » Jan 28th, 2019, 4:59 pm

this is a 21 yr old person...she obviously needs some mental help...

should be mandatory lock down (good) treatment for a yr instead of jail...change them when they are young...it's worth it

2 people like this post.
W105
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 4817 posts

Postby alanjh595 » Jan 28th, 2019, 5:22 pm

What's the difference between "lock down" and jail? Both methods restrict movement.
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.
alanjh595
Guru

Liked in: 4863 posts

Postby lesliepaul » Jan 28th, 2019, 6:51 pm

The story says the owner "apprehended" the women...………..nothing about knocking the :cuss: :cuss: unconscious so he could finish his morning coffee while waiting for the police.
lesliepaul
Übergod

Liked in: 1290 posts

Postby liisgo » Jan 28th, 2019, 7:52 pm

Oh no, is he going to get charged now with unlawful confinement, and luring her to his truck? :200:
liisgo
Fledgling

Liked in: 255 posts

Return to Central Okanagan