50 New workers wanted....

Re: 50 New workers wanted....

Postby MAPearce » Jan 31st, 2019, 10:05 pm

Well I'll give you one thing, you're just as full of BS in this thread as you are in most others. Full points for consistency. :up:

Oh and BTW, had you bothered to read and process some of the prior posts, you wouldn't come off as such a *bleep* in this one.

$15 an hour is also $2,400 per month, so add in the fact she volunteers to cover other shifts as has been stated, and income is closer to $3K. Yet again proof of how hard math is for the NDP types.

First of all Urban Cowboy , I will not loose one wink of sleep worrying what a turnip like you think of me ... You missed my point from the get go and continue to miss with all of my relevant posts in this thread... I suggest that it is YOU that is the *bleep* here ...

Secondly , yes , 15 per hour is 2400 per mo. GROSS income .. Have you forgotten that taxes ( schedule payroll deductions) come off that amount ??? I bet you have ... do that math at a paltry 17% and it's 1992 per month .. How much for the "benefits" that the employer matches? Mine is 30 per check..

Times that by 2 and you have 60 per month ..so now you're at 1932 per month .. Subtract the 750 per all in rent AND the 300 for the ride , 150 for a PROPERLY insured vehicle AND 150 for the gas and you have how much left for the 80 buck a month smartphone account , food , entertainment et al ???

As for the 600 extra per month in OT , don't tell anyone here that those who work OT get to keep that "extra " money with out the CRA getting at LEAST half of it ..

I'm thinking that you're the *bleep* on the NDP math here .... I'm a conservative and think you're numbers are just . plain . BULLLSCHIT.

Straight up ...
I payed attention in High school....But not to what they were trying to teach me..

W105 likes this post.
MAPearce
Walks on Forum Water

Liked in: 4910 posts

Postby Urban Cowboy » Jan 31st, 2019, 10:12 pm

MAPearce wrote:
Well I'll give you one thing, you're just as full of BS in this thread as you are in most others. Full points for consistency. :up:

Oh and BTW, had you bothered to read and process some of the prior posts, you wouldn't come off as such a *bleep* in this one.

$15 an hour is also $2,400 per month, so add in the fact she volunteers to cover other shifts as has been stated, and income is closer to $3K. Yet again proof of how hard math is for the NDP types.

First of all Urban Cowboy , I will not loose one wink of sleep worrying what a turnip like you think of me ... You missed my point from the get go and continue to miss with all of my relevant posts in this thread... I suggest that it is YOU that is the *bleep* here ...

Secondly , yes , 15 per hour is 2400 per mo. GROSS income .. Have you forgotten that taxes ( schedule payroll deductions) come off that amount ??? I bet you have ... do that math at a paltry 17% and it's 1992 per month .. How much for the "benefits" that the employer matches? Mine is 30 per check..

Times that by 2 and you have 60 per month ..so now you're at 1932 per month .. Subtract the 750 per all in rent AND the 300 for the ride , 150 for a PROPERLY insured vehicle AND 150 for the gas and you have how much left for the 80 buck a month smartphone account , food , entertainment et al ???

I'm thinking that you're the *bleep* on the NDP math here .... I'm a conservative and think you're numbers are just . plain . BULLLSCHIT.

Straight up ...

Only response I have for you MAPearce..... straight up........ is get back on your meds dude.

Read the damn post you replied to, and improperly quoted I might add, to make it look like I was talking to you.

I wasn't talking to you!

It was directed toward Vacancyrate precisely as the original quotes included clearly show. :cuss:

Might want to use that bus time to brush up on forum communications.
“A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do.” -Bob Dylan
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Liked in: 7820 posts

Postby MAPearce » Jan 31st, 2019, 10:14 pm

You mean the one you just re quoted ????

Doesn't look like you mis took me ... dumbass
I payed attention in High school....But not to what they were trying to teach me..

gman313 likes this post.
MAPearce
Walks on Forum Water

Postby 60-YEARS-in-Ktown » Jan 31st, 2019, 10:19 pm

I am going to predict the future...deleted..
There I was first..
I'd like to help You OUT,
Which way did You come in??

7 people like this post.
60-YEARS-in-Ktown
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 2557 posts

Postby MAPearce » Jan 31st, 2019, 10:30 pm

60-YEARS-in-Ktown wrote:I am going to predict the future...deleted..
There I was first..

LOL ! I'm surprised it lasted this long ....

4 people like this post.
MAPearce
Walks on Forum Water

Postby lesliepaul » Jan 31st, 2019, 10:41 pm

2manyfords wrote:
lesliepaul wrote:
Lets see...….………...oh yeah, pretty much every police officer and fireman in this country. They're training is not considered "post secondary". Almost all of them had no desire to further their education after high school...…….for whatever reasons. The many I know, I do know their reasons.

Seriously???

You don't know much about these "friends".

Lots of in house, gruelling training, specific to their jobs. Certainly did not walk in off the street, given a cruiser and gun, and told to "get at 'er".

Would they go thru all that to walk away and become a pill packager? Likely not. That is a career choice.

Your post makes no sense, and is an insult to those who have worked hard.

I thought this thread was about positions opening up for those that WANT them.

2manyfords...……..just responded to your post from page 3. There you mention that no one without post secondary education should not make more than someone with that education. Now you add "an insult to those who have worked hard"...……...what is it then man?

………….and many certainly DID walk in off the street to hire on as police or fireman almost anywhere in the world. I will add that nepotism with the fire department beats an education.
lesliepaul
Übergod

Liked in: 1290 posts

Postby Vacancyrate » Jan 31st, 2019, 11:11 pm

Urban Cowboy wrote:Oh and BTW, had you bothered to read and process some of the prior posts, you wouldn't come off as such a *bleep* in this one.

I guess you forgot to mention your friend doesn't pay taxes.

3 people like this post.
Vacancyrate
Übergod

Liked in: 1096 posts

Postby OKkayak » Feb 1st, 2019, 1:47 am

bjsilent wrote:From what i have been told by numerous people is that they have a very high turn over rate.

Probably the same person thats telling everyone Costco is moving this year :biggrin:
“Our species can only survive if we have obstacles to overcome. You remove those obstacles. Without them to strengthen us, we will weaken and die.”

- James Tiberius Kirk

2 people like this post.
OKkayak
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 5108 posts

Postby dle » Feb 1st, 2019, 7:06 am

60-YEARS-in-Ktown wrote:I am going to predict the future...deleted..
There I was first..

:spitcoffee: It's spellbinding lol! Gotta get my supplies and settle in.... :popcorn:
dle
Grand Pooh-bah

Liked in: 2551 posts

Postby Lady tehMa » Feb 1st, 2019, 8:34 am

bjsilent wrote:From what I have been told by numerous people is that they have a very high turn over rate.

Yeah, they do. It's because the work is not super easy, and you have to put in both the time and effort to climb the ladder. Every crop of new hires comes with the lazy (who said they were industrious), the idiots (who said they were intelligent) and the entitled (you mean I actually have to work my way up????)

My buddy is an intelligent hard working guy who gritted his teeth and did the 12-hour shifts in the harder jobs of the plant. He managed to improve every area he worked in, so they made him a manager.
PLEASE use spellcheck. If that is too hard, consider installing the Grammarly (free!) app that will not only spellcheck for you (AND offer corrections!) but also make sure that your sentences are grammatically correct.

You're welcome.

4 people like this post.
Lady tehMa
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 4677 posts

Postby normaM » Feb 1st, 2019, 8:43 am

ah, made it back before posts deleted. The Company prolly couldn't build the warehouse in Kelowna, or it would have been too costly.
I know a few other small businesses ( in town) who have such problems hiring they are just downsizing. Everyone wants to work then a big job, crew members don't show. Fairly feeble excuses too imo

Next this company will be applying to hire foreign workers and ppl will bytch about that too
Button button.. where are those cheap buttons?

dirtybiker likes this post.
normaM
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 6547 posts

Postby 60-YEARS-in-Ktown » Feb 1st, 2019, 10:36 am

One thing not mentioned here,
Is it a 36 hr week or 48 hr if you want it ?
Makes a big difference in how much you can earn..
I'd like to help You OUT,
Which way did You come in??

3 people like this post.
60-YEARS-in-Ktown
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 2557 posts

Postby pieinthei » Feb 1st, 2019, 11:43 am

normaM wrote:ah, made it back before posts deleted. The Company prolly couldn't build the warehouse in Kelowna, or it would have been too costly.
I know a few other small businesses ( in town) who have such problems hiring they are just downsizing. Everyone wants to work then a big job, crew members don't show. Fairly feeble excuses too imo

Next this company will be applying to hire foreign workers and ppl will bytch about that too

i do believe they are in "city limits".. goes back to when Walker distillery was there (right across the street).
pieinthei
Generalissimo Postalot

Liked in: 875 posts

Postby dle » Feb 1st, 2019, 11:49 am

Maybe if someone goes to the job fair they could post what intel they find out.....

2 people like this post.
dle
Grand Pooh-bah

Liked in: 2551 posts

Postby Queen K » Feb 1st, 2019, 11:58 am

Oh ya, for sure. This whole thing over jobs being offered to entry level people had exploded into something else.

Can't wait to see who says what about the entire process as described and explained to them.

:130:
Using cash is one of your few forms of privacy: use it or lose it. 1984 isn't the only Orwell novel that needs to to made fiction again.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Liked in: 15651 posts

PreviousNext

Return to Central Okanagan