Dog choked by snare

Re: Dog choked by snare

Postby trapp » Feb 4th, 2019, 3:19 pm

Ken7 wrote:
trapp wrote:That is not how the snare was set. They are set from out to the side. The other wire you see in the picture is the support for it. That set is no way going to harm a child or person.

If you think I missed it, I was making light of the people who are concerned for their children. I think if they are that simple, they should at the least harness the child to keep it safe in life!

:up: :130:
"It's what you learn after you know it all that really counts."
trapp
Generalissimo Postalot

Liked in: 393 posts

Postby George Orwell 1984 » Feb 4th, 2019, 3:26 pm

Can’t help but wonder if the CO will charge him with interference on a legally set snare

Ken7 likes this post.
George Orwell 1984

Liked in: 41 posts

Postby Fancy » Feb 5th, 2019, 6:03 am

George Orwell 1984 wrote:Can’t help but wonder if the CO will charge him with interference on a legally set snare

At the very least the CO should have a chat with him since the name is known and he has admitted removing the snares. It's too bad the trapper couldn't help do the educating.
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Fancy
Grand Pilgrim

Liked in: 6699 posts

Postby trapp » Feb 5th, 2019, 12:28 pm

All I can relay is that the fellow is now very well versed on the regulations and repercussions of a dog running at large. The Co and trapper have been in touch, he has his equipment returned, and the trapper is happy with the course of action taken. :up:

7 people like this post.
trapp
Generalissimo Postalot

Postby delSol97 » Feb 6th, 2019, 8:10 am

Thanks for this, the next time I'm out on the high rim trail we should be on the lookout for loose rottweilers.
delSol97
Board Meister

Liked in: 290 posts

Postby Ken7 » Feb 6th, 2019, 8:19 am

trapp wrote:All I can relay is that the fellow is now very well versed on the regulations and repercussions of a dog running at large. The Co and trapper have been in touch, he has his equipment returned, and the trapper is happy with the course of action taken. :up:

A friend of mine has a coyote issue. He says there is one dog he thinks is half wolf. Ask your friend if he has encountered any wolf in the area. Thanks.
Ken7
Guru

Liked in: 2955 posts

Postby trapp » Feb 6th, 2019, 12:53 pm

We havn't encountered any single track in that area or further south on the adjacent trapline. Only pack tracks which are immediately above residential areas of Joe Riche and city of Kelowna boundries. This winter they are closer to residential areas than we have seen. With snow conditions this year they should have stayed way back in the forested areas. One problem we have noticed also is there are no deer or other ungulate tracks throughout the back areas where we traditionally see lots of ungulates and tracks. I very much doubt that there is a wolf/dog hybrid in our area.

Ken7 likes this post.
trapp
Generalissimo Postalot

Previous

Return to Central Okanagan