Will buy pets for meat.

Re: Will buy pets for meat.

Postby alanjh595 » Feb 11th, 2019, 5:57 pm

I could tell you true stories about my travels in Asia regarding pets and other animals that they eat there. It is very common and socially accepted.
I won't go into details here, but they don't look/think twice about things that would make us sick just thinking about.
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.
alanjh595
Guru

Liked in: 3814 posts

Postby MrRusty » Feb 11th, 2019, 6:00 pm

you should re-read the rules before posting again.
MrRusty

Liked in: 1 post

Postby wanderer » Feb 11th, 2019, 6:09 pm

alanjh595 wrote:I could tell you true stories about my travels in Asia regarding pets and other animals that they eat there. It is very common and socially accepted.
I won't go into details here, but they don't look/think twice about things that would make us sick just thinking about.

In parts of China they will go into a larger city and steal pets from loving owners and take them to another town to be processed for food and for leather. How they process dogs for leather is particularly horrific. If you have the stomach for it do a search for YuLin Festival , or #YuLin. Dogs and cats are also eaten in Korea.

I would hope that Canadians would not condone people from a foreign country bringing this part of their culture here. This is not a religious thing, it is just what they do, so to ban this is not about religious intolerance. There are many groups including within Asia that are working against this practice, it is not something that should be brought to Canada.

2 people like this post.
wanderer
Board Meister

Liked in: 419 posts

Postby MAPearce » Feb 11th, 2019, 6:15 pm

In parts of China

They eat placenta..... messed . right . up ......
I payed attention in High school....But not to what they were trying to teach me..
MAPearce
Walks on Forum Water

Liked in: 4405 posts

Postby alanjh595 » Feb 11th, 2019, 6:28 pm

Removed by poster.
Last edited by alanjh595 on Feb 12th, 2019, 4:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.
alanjh595
Guru

Liked in: 3814 posts

Postby wanderer » Feb 11th, 2019, 6:43 pm

MAPearce wrote:
In parts of China

They eat placenta..... messed . right . up ......

Not something I'd ever eat but North Americans and Europeans eat placenta too. They aren't killing some ones loved pet to do it.
wanderer
Board Meister

Postby MrRusty » Feb 11th, 2019, 6:44 pm

In Mexico they cull "pets" once a year and feed them live to the alligators. I'm not saying this is right and don't condone animal cruelty of any sort. But all you have to do is look next door to the old lady\man with a hundred cats or the puppy mill around the corner.
How many times have you seen stray dogs and cats running around. Some countries have taken the next step and tried to manage domesticated pets, but people just keep buying there kids pets for presents and then leaving them on a street corner 3 months later. What do you think happens to Fluffy when you surrender him to the SPCA and he can't be adopted out. Happens more often than you know.
I have a life pet and she is the love of my heart... next to my wife. I shudder just reading these posts but until humans stop over breading...
MrRusty

Postby wanderer » Feb 11th, 2019, 6:56 pm

MrRusty wrote:I have a life pet and she is the love of my heart... next to my wife. I shudder just reading these posts but until humans stop over breeding...

When I adopt a pet it is for life too.

Anyone who acquires a pet needs to make a lifelong commitment to that small being that only knows to love you. Pet ownership should not be training to see if you will make a suitable parent and then to discard the pet when you have a child. Pet ownership should not be training for your children to learn responsibility, only to discard the pet when they've outgrown it or lost interest. Pet ownership should not happen because of impulsive buying because it's sooo cute and then to discard when it is grown and not so cute.

Pets trust you to care for them the same way a small child would. In return they give you unconditional love, companionship, incomparable loyalty.

That anyone would give up a pet to someone who would eat that loving soul. DISGUSTING

3 people like this post.
wanderer
Board Meister

Postby Gixxer » Feb 11th, 2019, 8:19 pm

Obviously a fake ad to create outrage and offend. Ridiculous that people actually believe it.

2 people like this post.
Gixxer
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 1550 posts

Postby MrRusty » Feb 11th, 2019, 8:39 pm

wanderer wrote:
MrRusty wrote:I have a life pet and she is the love of my heart... next to my wife. I shudder just reading these posts but until humans stop over breeding...

When I adopt a pet it is for life too.

Anyone who acquires a pet needs to make a lifelong commitment to that small being that only knows to love you. Pet ownership should not be training to see if you will make a suitable parent and then to discard the pet when you have a child. Pet ownership should not be training for your children to learn responsibility, only to discard the pet when they've outgrown it or lost interest. Pet ownership should not happen because of impulsive buying because it's sooo cute and then to discard when it is grown and not so cute.

Pets trust you to care for them the same way a small child would. In return they give you unconditional love, companionship, incomparable loyalty.

That anyone would give up a pet to someone who would eat that loving soul. DISGUSTING

Amen to that brother :up:
MrRusty

Postby bigtimeoperations » Feb 11th, 2019, 8:50 pm

Must be a troll... I hope! Either way, its sick and demented.

motorhomebabe likes this post.
bigtimeoperations

Liked in: 52 posts

Postby heycarmelina » Feb 12th, 2019, 4:03 am

Scrobins94 wrote:So if nothing is illegal about it then why did Castanet remove the listing?

Because Castanet can make it's own decision on which ads it wants to post. Or not have posted.
heycarmelina

Liked in: 22 posts

Postby Fancy » Feb 12th, 2019, 6:09 am

bigtimeoperations wrote:Must be a troll... I hope! Either way, its sick and demented.

Does it make a difference if they were looking for rats, chickens or rabbits? Those animals can be considered pets as well. There's an ad right now advertising rats for pets or snake food. Does it make a difference if it's people or other pets eating the animals? These are UNWANTED cats and dogs that are being offered a temporary home - not pets as indicated in the heading.

Couple of points I don't think has been mentioned regarding the "ethical source of meat for our family". There's a big probability they would have no way of knowing what type of medication the animals have been given (antibiotics, vaccines etc.) which could make the meat unsuitable for human consumption. And is the definition of "family" people or their own pets?

After the social media outrage, an animal rights activist admitted that the disturbing classified ad was posted by another activist as part of a vegan campaign.

“Animal Rights Activists posted an ad online to bring attention to disconnection that people choose to have regarding who they eat,” the vegan activist admitted.

“If this ad was for pig, cow or chicken, sold by the pound, would it of receive the same response?”

“How can we love one yet eat the other? The only difference is your perception.”

The classified ad was already taken down by Castanet and the poster was also banned from the website.

https://vegannews.co/ad-seeking-dogs-an ... g-outrage/
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat

OllyV likes this post.
Fancy
Grand Pilgrim

Liked in: 6699 posts

Postby JayByrd » Feb 12th, 2019, 6:59 am

I agree that the ad was almost certainly trolling. Even if one has no problem with the slaughter of house pets for food...it's ridiculous to think that someone would own a pet, and then sell it to someone (by the pound no less) to be used this way. As if.

And some have asked, how is this any different than slaughtering a pig, or a cow? I suppose it isn't. But does anyone really not understand why people generally don't eat their house pets? Does it need to be explained?
My fervent hope is that you and your tax dollars will be reunited in the afterlife.
JayByrd
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 1457 posts

Postby GordonH » Feb 12th, 2019, 7:08 am

Trolling or not, whomever did it has a bit of a sick mind... impo
When you have to start compromising yourself and your morals for the people around you, it’s probably time to change the people around you.
GordonH
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 8101 posts
Location: Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning

PreviousNext

Return to Central Okanagan