Drumroll: Kelowna (and BC) pay highest gas price in Canada

Glacier
The Pilgrim

Re: Drumroll: Kelowna (and BC) pay highest gas price in Cana

Post by Glacier »

I guess the author has never been to Dawson City, Fort Nelson, or Iqaluit!
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Not PC

Post by Not PC »

Between Horgan, and Trudeau, we'll keep having the highest prices thanks to the double hit on carbon taxes.

It's time for both of them to go.
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

Not PC wrote:Between Horgan, and Trudeau, we'll keep having the highest prices thanks to the double hit on carbon taxes.

It's time for both of them to go.

Just throwing this out there, but our high gas prices aren’t new. We still had outrageously high gas prices when we had a right wing Provincial Government, a right wing Federal government, and a right wing MP.
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
atenbacon
Übergod

Post by atenbacon »

I don't blame high gas prices on any Government entity (Other than the carbon tax, but that's a whole other discussion), at least as far as Kelowna goes. I blame it on a single evil entity.

Petro Canada.

If you get gas from them you are part of the problem. They are the first to raise the price of gas every time, and the last to lower it every time. I don't care that your sunflower car loves their super clean nice smelling gasoline, the business as far as I'm concerned smells like a pile of ****. They have been banned by me for over a decade now, and I do not care that they are a Canadian company, they do not treat Canadians like it. The day they go under I will be smiling. I wouldn't buy gas from them if my truck ran out in their lot and wouldn't buy anything from their convenience store if I was starving to death. Ban them and see your gasoline prices drop to levels that match what the cost of gas is.
You have to keep an open mind until it is proven one way or the other. You just can't take the T.V. or internet word on it.
WheelWeaves
Fledgling

Post by WheelWeaves »

Quit driving then.
atenbacon
Übergod

Post by atenbacon »

WheelWeaves wrote:Quit driving then.

I agree... Anyone that gets gas at Petro Canada should just quit driving. Great point WheelWeaves. :up:
You have to keep an open mind until it is proven one way or the other. You just can't take the T.V. or internet word on it.
youjustcomplain
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by youjustcomplain »

atenbacon wrote:I don't blame high gas prices on any Government entity (Other than the carbon tax, but that's a whole other discussion), at least as far as Kelowna goes. I blame it on a single evil entity.

Petro Canada.

If you get gas from them you are part of the problem. They are the first to raise the price of gas every time, and the last to lower it every time. I don't care that your sunflower car loves their super clean nice smelling gasoline, the business as far as I'm concerned smells like a pile of ****. They have been banned by me for over a decade now, and I do not care that they are a Canadian company, they do not treat Canadians like it. The day they go under I will be smiling. I wouldn't buy gas from them if my truck ran out in their lot and wouldn't buy anything from their convenience store if I was starving to death. Ban them and see your gasoline prices drop to levels that match what the cost of gas is.

Completely false.
I drive by a Petro Canada station every single day, usually a few times per day. The corner station that I drive by has 2 other stations within sight. Although the Petro Canada station I drive by does seem to run out of gas sometimes, I usually fill up at it because its gas price either matches the ones across the street, OR is slow to increase the price when other stations have already increased.

I suspect this is more a case by case basis. Some Petro's might be managed in such a way that has them raising prices early and lowering them late.. I can't say. But the one near my house is great.

Lastly, the Petro station nearest my house has zero impact on the price of gas in Kelowna/Canada.

Return to “Central Okanagan”