Whose drugs are these?

OKkayak
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Whose drugs are these?

Post by OKkayak »

I can guarantee that everyone single one of us at some point in time, have found something after weeks, months in the pockets of our own jackets.
bjsilent
Board Meister

Post by bjsilent »

OKkayak wrote:I can guarantee that everyone single one of us at some point in time, have found something after weeks, months in the pockets of our own jackets.

True yet i don't recall finding Cocaine in my jacket pockets.
LTD
Lord of the Board

Post by LTD »

OKkayak wrote:I can guarantee that everyone single one of us at some point in time, have found something after weeks, months in the pockets of our own jackets.

your right but heres the thing when I put on a coat I always check the pockets and that's my own coat sometimes I find money sometimes just gum wrappers, cant say I have ever found that heroin or cocaine I misplaced and forgot about tho
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

Who forgets pot , meth, heroine , cocaine AND their scales in their pockets ? Let not forget that ... HOW COULD YOU NOT KNOW , that was in a jacket If you 'borrowed" it ???
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
dodgerdodge
Lord of the Board

Post by dodgerdodge »

dle wrote:How about reasonable doubt. Wouldn't that kick in at some point? There was plenty of reasonable doubt to find this guy guilty...actually more reasonable doubt to find him guilty than innocent - I mean he was wandering about with a SCALE in his albeit borrowed pockets and many many drugs.

Reasonable doubt. Seems to work in one direction, why not the other. The scales of justice have two sides but ours are on the fritz.

Especially with his background, and i quote from the article:

Dill was previously convicted of possession for the purpose of trafficking in 2013 in New Denver. He was sentenced to two years jail, minus one day. He has also served six months in 2016 following a conviction for pointing a firearm in Nakusp.
dle
Lord of the Board

Post by dle »

GordonH wrote:Maybe it just me & my crazy habits, every time I put on a jacket either my own or a borrowed one.
I always check the pockets... my point is who isn't aware of contents of the pockets of jacket they are wearing.

....especially when there are obviously "things" in the pockets....what was found in the pockets would be very noticeable - you either know what the "things" are because you put them there, or you feel the weight and the bulk (I'm thinking particularly of a SCALE!) and can tell there are "things" in there and your curiosity would lead your hands in there to pull them out to see what they are.....either way, that dude knew WHAT was in those pockets and he KNEW it wasn't a secret stash of Snickers bars! Just my opinion but I'd bet my last Snickers on it!
OldBlindDog
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by OldBlindDog »

And here I thought "gosh darn it, ossifer, those aren't my drugs, I don't know how they got there" was considered a cliched joke, instead of a viable legal defense.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

From now on:

Truck full of drugs? borrowed.
Car trunk full of guns, knives, bindings, drugs? borrowed.
Gun in house? Friend left it there.
Coke/meth/fentanyl on any article of clothing known to humankind? borrowed.
Suitcase on trip in Mexico on the way back? Not my suitcase.
Suitcase full of illegal substances brought back in any vehicle or mode of transportation? borrowed.

The defense merely had to cast doubt on ownership.
The pandoras box that the lawyer opened, same as the "race card" arguement, has made a mockery of courts, judges, commonsense, "possession is 9/10ths of the law" and all other legal substance on which we've built our system.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
WalterWhite
Lord of the Board

Post by WalterWhite »

So much for the old adage, “possession is nine-tenths of the law”.

Eta: well Queen, since your post is ahead of mine I guess you beat me to it! Although technically, I did borrow mine...
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Am I the only one who is curious about the woman from Nakusp and how she died?
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

Years ago, I left a gathering, grabbed 'my' Levi's jean jacket
and went on my merry way,
A few hours later I went to get my house key out of the left breast pocket
and found a little cap gun. :135:
Huh, wrong jacket, sure fit and looked the same.

<<<<I hated waking up my parents to get in the door>>>>

Sometimes shiznit happens, and it's the truth.
Even for known screw up's.
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"
voice of reason
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by voice of reason »

not 4oz of various drugs worth several hundred or thousands of dollars. ounces of weed are huge so that pretty much counts out having a quarter pound in your pockets without knowing .ounces of coke and heroin are pricey so its not likely that you forgot about them
dle
Lord of the Board

Post by dle »

voice of reason wrote:

not 4oz of various drugs worth several hundred or thousands of dollars. ounces of weed are huge so that pretty much counts out having a quarter pound in your pockets without knowing .ounces of coke and heroin are pricey so its not likely that you forgot about them

...and a scale...
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

Earlier this month, Justice Nitya Iyer ruled that while she was “suspicious of the circumstances,” she said the Crown failed to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that Dill was aware of the drugs.

I'm amazed, I can't tell you how many cases I have had in front of different Judges who in summation state, "The evidence of the accused can not be accepted."

The Judge needs to be removed, if there was a bag under the seat of the vehicle I might buy it.... not meaning the drugs. The fact the accused was not aware. The dropping of the weed, the accused likely was trying to get rid of evidence and was caught by the officer. Will have to wait to read the case when it is posted.
dle
Lord of the Board

Post by dle »

dodgerdodge wrote:

Especially with his background, and i quote from the article:

Dill was previously convicted of possession for the purpose of trafficking in 2013 in New Denver. He was sentenced to two years jail, minus one day. He has also served six months in 2016 following a conviction for pointing a firearm in Nakusp.

Oh you so hit the nail on the head!

Facts: guy with priors who did 2 less a day for drug trafficking, caught with a variety of drugs in different amounts and a scale in the pockets of a jacket he is wearing, says he didn't know the stuff was in the pockets because he borrowed the jacket because he was cold but never put his hands in the pockets and none of this in any way helped the Crown present a solid case to convince the Judge to convict - who only commented it looked suspicious?

What? Close but no cigar? Suspicious?? With all that in the pockets he must have been stuffed up and looking like the Michelin Man and never once put a paw in a pocket to see what it was?

Sounds like the only way he would have been convicted was if he confessed and got down on bended knee to beg the Judge to throw the book at him!

Return to “Central Okanagan”