Blackmun Bay....

TJSmith
Übergod

Re: Blackmun Bay....

Post by TJSmith »

Hmmm
Last edited by TJSmith on Jul 12th, 2021, 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
voice of reason
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by voice of reason »

the city of west kelowna is not going to try to defeat the only large building project to take place on west kelowna land in decades. every other large building on the west side is on WFN land . WK needs the taxes in the worst way.
motokelowna1
Übergod

Post by motokelowna1 »

If the complex goes ahead I hope on the brochure they say you will have boil water notices for months on end and water from the tap that looks like dark tea.
motokelowna1
Übergod

Post by motokelowna1 »

I wonder with the application for another 500 plus mooring places applied for at Dockside marine a sneaky deal with Blackmun destruction INC
dodgerdodge
Lord of the Board

Post by dodgerdodge »

stuphoto wrote:
dodgerdodge wrote: Make the flipping pedestrians use the underpass by the beach. Stop holding up miles of traffic for 3 cyclists, 2 pedestrians and a couple meth heads. :swear:

I was stuck in the same mess, and although I did give your post a like I disagree on this.
I got stuck at most lights, plus a firetruck had the right hand lane blocked at one point.
However I don't recall seeing a single pedestrian crossing the street at that time.

I usually refuse to cross the bridge except in early morning or late evening. However I wanted to purchase something listed on the classifieds.
Too bad it was too good to be true.

To be fair you would only see the pedestrians/cyclists crossing once you were at the light and not before you arrived at it. It was frustrating as i had gone over at 8.30 in morning quite easily. Regardless that light at Abbot heading North has absolutely no reason to be there except for pedestrians.
dodgerdodge
Lord of the Board

Post by dodgerdodge »

Just to add to this thread without starting a new one, i noticed the article the other day on the new Ariva development in West Kelowna on leased native land. Its going to be another large condominium project and yet i haven't seen anyone mention it as yet, in fact i don't even know its exact location but the signs coming into West Kelowna point to Westside Rd exit.
This is surely another project that's going to have a serious effect on traffic into Kelowna over the bridge

https://arivakelowna.ca/
reidabix

Post by reidabix »

dirtguy wrote:The people in Casa Loma complain about everything

Spoken like a true uneducated neophyte. Well if you had a bunch of Calgreedians coming into your neighbourhood to destroy what the O.K. is all about you would be hooting also I am sure. Maybe these greedy sacks should spend the money in their own town where everyone is complaining about their lousy economy.
LANDM
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LANDM »

reidabix wrote:
dirtguy wrote:The people in Casa Loma complain about everything

Spoken like a true uneducated neophyte. Well if you had a bunch of Calgreedians coming into your neighbourhood to destroy what the O.K. is all about you would be hooting also I am sure. Maybe these greedy sacks should spend the money in their own town where everyone is complaining about their lousy economy.

The Okanagan *is* all about prairie people coming here and living, playing, retiring etc.
And it has always been about that.
........speaking of true, uneducated neophytes.....
You and 71 others Like this post
reidabix

Post by reidabix »

The Okanagan *is* all about prairie people coming here and living, playing, retiring etc.
And it has always been about that.
........speaking of true, uneducated neophytes.....[/quote]
Speaking as a British Columbian not transplant from somewhere else. The O.K. is not a place that is here just for a playground for people who want to bring there uppity ideals and ugly developments with them, it is however turning into this Ghetto for nouveau riche pillocks. This used to be a really nice place to live and since this kind of unsustainable development started in the late 90's and early 00's it has turned into a place that is no where what the Okanagan is (or was) all about. As stated they can take there development and build it in say Waterton, Banff, Lake Louise or maybe Jasper. This would create construction and service industry jobs in Alberta. Really these developers are just land speculators and in the old day were referred Carpet Baggers and Snake Oil salesman. Good citizens would usually run them out of town, but not this one, sad indeed.
voice of reason
Grand Pooh-bah

reidabix wrote:Speaking as a British Columbian not transplant from somewhere else. The O.K. is not a place that is here just for a playground for people who want to bring there uppity ideals and ugly developments with them, it is however turning into this Ghetto for nouveau riche pillocks. This used to be a really nice place to live and since this kind of unsustainable development started in the late 90's and early 00's it has turned into a place that is no where what the Okanagan is (or was) all about. As stated they can take there development and build it in say Waterton, Banff, Lake Louise or maybe Jasper. This would create construction and service industry jobs in Alberta. Really these developers are just land speculators and in the old day were referred Carpet Baggers and Snake Oil salesman. Good citizens would usually run them out of town, but not this one, sad indeed.

who do you suppose is going to work on this job site? who do you suppose is going to work as staff when this is completed? this is going to bring jobs to our local economy
Last edited by voice of reason on Jul 29th, 2019, 9:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
reidabix

Post by reidabix »

voice of reason wrote:
reidabix wrote:Speaking as a British Columbian not transplant from somewhere else. The O.K. is not a place that is here just for a playground for people who want to bring there uppity ideals and ugly developments with them, it is however turning into this Ghetto for nouveau riche pillocks. This used to be a really nice place to live and since this kind of unsustainable development started in the late 90's and early 00's it has turned into a place that is no where what the Okanagan is (or was) all about. As stated they can take there development and build it in say Waterton, Banff, Lake Louise or maybe Jasper. This would create construction and service industry jobs in Alberta. Really these developers are just land speculators and in the old day were referred Carpet Baggers and Snake Oil salesman. Good citizens would usually run them out of town, but not this one, sad indeed.

who do you suppose is going to work on this job site? who do you suppose is going to work as staff when this is completer? this is going to bring jobs to our local economy

Speaking from experience (Manhattan Ghetto) the contractors will be from Alberta, the trades from Alberta, the labourers will be local "Greenhats" who will be paid minimum wage, and the staff will be minimum wage from probably other places.
The lake will look great in twenty years a bunch of big developments, 75000 boats on the lake, just awesome!
voice of reason
Grand Pooh-bah

this is 100% nimbyism. "i dont want those rich people and their boats in my back yard"
TJSmith
Übergod

Post by TJSmith »

Maybe my home in Rutland is good after all.
Last edited by TJSmith on Jul 12th, 2021, 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bigtimeoperations
Board Meister

Post by bigtimeoperations »

1000% correct. Hit the nail on the head. Kelowna is my hometown and I can't stand what its turning into. I especially hate how some yahoo that moved here from Alberta 2 months ago is a higher priority citizen than someone who was born and raised here. There's something seriously wrong with that. This is just the beginning. Gonna move first chance I get. Steer totally clear from this nonsense.

And this Blackmun Bay development is absolutely R I D I C U L O U S. Its going to happen though I guarantee it. Of course it will, DUH! :-X
Don't Vancouver our Kelowna!
motokelowna1
Übergod

Post by motokelowna1 »

With another development more moorings and increased water traffic , where are the BALD EAGLES that live and fish along this stretch of water going to move farther from their nest. Have we forgotten about nature and the PROTECTED birds of the region. Shame for allowing any to be built without any studies first

Return to “Central Okanagan”