7 police Cars attend call to retrieve Weapon. ,

60-YEARS-in-Ktown
Guru

Re: 7 police Cars attend call to retrieve Weapon. ,

Post by 60-YEARS-in-Ktown »

There is a big difference between showing up alone unarmed,
And having a sidearm , shotgun in the cruiser and a armor vest.

I am not suggesting they show up alone. I do find it curious that a constanly understaffed dept seems to so often have that many officers nearby..
I'd like to help You OUT,
Which way did You come in??
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

60-YEARS-in-Ktown wrote:There is a big difference between showing up alone unarmed,

I am not suggesting they show up alone. I do find it curious that a constanly understaffed dept seems to so often have that many officers nearby..

RCMP officers wear their ballast vests while on duty, they are always armed on duty. What good is a shotgun in the car?
The suspect should feel fortunate that his shenanigans didn't happen in a much smaller community, where there are only 3 full- time officers to service the area 24/7/365.
Bring back the LIKE button.
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

WalterWhite wrote:I seriously believe some of you are losing the ability to think rationally and with common sense.

Link??
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

60-YEARS-in-Ktown wrote:Yes 7 cars attended a call, and they successfully retrieved a weapon..
An officer brought out an Axe , and safely put it in the trunk of a cruiser.. :200:

Would you rather they ignore the cries of help from the lady who said a man threatened to smash his way into her home if she didn't allow him in?
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
60-YEARS-in-Ktown
Guru

alanjh595 wrote:
60-YEARS-in-Ktown wrote:There is a big difference between showing up alone unarmed,

RCMP officers wear their ballast vests while on duty, they are always armed on duty. What good is a shotgun in the car?
The suspect should feel fortunate that his shenanigans didn't happen in a much smaller community, where there are only 3 full- time officers to service the area 24/7/365.

What good is the shotgun, perhaps I don't know please tell me..
I assumed it was there should they feel the need for it.
At least they have it there should it be needed.
They are not unarmed.
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

RCMP with shotguns are more than likely using "less than lethal" ammunition. The sidearm is a last resort.
Bring back the LIKE button.
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

LTD wrote:yup probably shoulda waited until it was stuck in someone's head then retrieved it with the coroner

What you have is a bunch of untrained persons making comment with limited information.

Until you are the one responding to a call of such you will never know. Sometimes, you wished you had three more officers.

Been there done that, and it sucks when thing turn about out of control.

Yes, you are correct it's all fine until that axe strikes someone or goes through the neighbours door!
60-YEARS-in-Ktown
Guru

Yes I agree with most of that..
Most people posting here don't have experience on a lot of the matters they comment on. (Myself included)

While an axe can cause a lot of damage and be lethal, it certainly poses a different level of risk than other weapons.
And I doubt that most attending officers would arrive unarmed.
Its not like an automatic firearm and definitely has a shorter range.
A machete or sword can be far worse and a bit harder to control..
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

Do some of you want the police to say " drop your weapon or we will tickle you?"
I get threatened by some person with an axe damn straight I want to have the police show up with weapons drawn.
Plus side that stupid goof in the Batman costume missed it on his scanner
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second
LTD
Lord of the Board

Post by LTD »

60-YEARS-in-Ktown wrote:Yes I agree with most of that..
Most people posting here don't have experience on a lot of the matters they comment on. (Myself included)

While an axe can cause a lot of damage and be lethal, it certainly poses a different level of risk than other weapons.
And I doubt that most attending officers would arrive unarmed.
Its not like an automatic firearm and definitely has a shorter range.
A machete or sword can be far worse and a bit harder to control..

and whos to say the guy didn't have a gun as well they dont know, they get sent into a situation like that pretty much blind with very few details. im not sure what part of this you have a hard time grasping but to charge in by yourself would be dangerous and just plain stupid.
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

60-YEARS-in-Ktown wrote:Yes I agree with most of that..

Yet you saw fit to begin a thread, questioning the actions of officers, who were merely adhering to standard protocol.

That axe, especially if in the hands of some drugged up lunatic, could well get one through a door, endangering whomever is on the other side.

I'm guessing if it was you on the other side of the door, you'd be happy to see police show up in numbers to protect your judgmental butt.
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
60-YEARS-in-Ktown
Guru

I never suggested they go unarmed or alone..
And I don't know about the call that came in... for all I know they described the weapon as a tactical, assault , semi auto axe..
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Why would you start a thread with the heading when that wasn't what the call was about?
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
WalterWhite
Lord of the Board

Post by WalterWhite »

60-YEARS-in-Ktown wrote:Yes 7 cars attended a call, and they successfully retrieved a weapon..
An officer brought out an Axe , and safely put it in the trunk of a cruiser.. :200:

https://www.castanet.net/news/Kelowna/2 ... -from-home

Yup - clearly, yet again, mocking police response to a call the facts of which none of us are privy. The follow-up news story indicates it was a man with an axe threatening to break into a woman’s apartment. I don’t know about anyone else, but if that was my wife or daughter, I’d be pretty damn thankful of the response by police.

Once again, laughable at the mindset of some that constantly belittle police efforts during situations of which most people have zero information about - yet speak like they’re the foremost experts on police responses. smh

Return to “Central Okanagan”