95 drug arrests

motokelowna1
Übergod

95 drug arrests

Post by motokelowna1 »

95 drug arrests in one year and today 7 o/d in Cornerstone in a day well done and proud of the illegal system Sorry Legal system.
RVThereYet
Übergod

Re: 95 drug arrests

Post by RVThereYet »

motokelowna1 wrote:95 drug arrests in one year and today 7 o/d in Cornerstone in a day well done and proud of the illegal system Sorry Legal system.

When I first read that headline I thought they meant 95 arrests of the same person...
Fledgling

Post by 7600736 »

Just one of the reasons why I left Kelowna.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

7600736 wrote:Just one of the reasons why I left Kelowna.

I'm glad you managed to find somewhere with no drugs.
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
dle
Lord of the Board

Post by dle »

https://www.castanet.net/news/Kelowna/2 ... n-one-year

....big deal....how many of them will wind up behind bars, (or wound up behind bars right away because they broke bail conditions)? Every one of them was probably back out (or will be soon) selling again with a day or two...waste of cops' time....and a bloody good chance was selling to at least one of the 7 who OD'd at the downtown drug den.
Nedroj
Übergod

Post by Nedroj »

Is anyone else not impressed with these numbers? 95 arrests in the downtown core in 365 days doesnt sound like anything to be proud about. That's 1 arrest every 3.8 days in an area where the public have actively witnessed and been victims of illegal activities almost every single day.

And yes as the poster above me said most of these people were probably back out on the streets less than 24 hours after arrest.
'I hear and I forget, I see and I remember, I do and I understand' - Confucius
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

motokelowna1 wrote:95 drug arrests in one year and today 7 o/d in Cornerstone in a day well done and proud of the illegal system Sorry Legal system.

but but but are mayor basran keeps saying downtown is safe.. :135:
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Kareem a-Weet

Post by Kareem a-Weet »

Dawn Himer, executive director of the John Howard Society which runs the shelter, told Castanet News all six overdoses occurred inside the facility.
She says one other person who is not a client, was saved on the streets outside Cornerstone.
All seven were saved.
"The good news is we saved seven lives, when you keep it all in perspective. Part of me just worries a little bit more for people out there that don't have that support," said Himer.

Why is this good news??
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

do not ask the hard questions
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Gilchy
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Gilchy »

Because wanting 7 people dead is a bad thing.
Kareem a-Weet

Post by Kareem a-Weet »

Seven people bent on self-destruction. They have been deprived of their ambition.
csm
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by csm »

Gilchy wrote:Because wanting 7 people dead is a bad thing.

Even if they are responsible for the deaths of perhaps dozens "each" - that makes it a bad thing??

How many unborn baby's get the death penalty a year?

Sure addicts choose to do drugs - the dealers choose to sell it to them knowing they can be lethal.

If you pointed an empty gun at someone you would get serious time - point a loaded gun, you would get more time, sell someone deadly drugs, you get a slap on the wrist.

Why the problem??

Because Lawyers have to represent a person being charged for "Every" crime - most of it is via the taxpayer. Lawyers in Government make laws that are light - because the more people they can process, the more money Lawyers make ( at $450/hr, that's pretty huge ).

Dealers rarely "stop" the trade simply because they got "Caught" - they get bail or out on their own "Recognisance" ( like they are upstanding citizens) - then they go out, do some more selling, get caught - get bail or recognisance again - and repeat the process time and again even before the first charge gets heard ( if you can find them by then ).

People rarely re-point a gun at someone unless they are a criminal - so few repeat offenders here - but the drug trade is virtually 100% repeat offenders.

Do the math - lawyers in Government manipulate the laws - and are assured a cushy income when they leave politics ( and get off the tax nipple ) by having a system of swinging court doors.

To be a Judge, you need to be a Lawyer - case closed.
Compliance is a tool used by dictators, to take your freedom and never give it back.
Enjoy your new "Slave State"!
Gilchy
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Gilchy »

csm wrote:Even if they are responsible for the deaths of perhaps dozens "each" - that makes it a bad thing??

These were the users who were saved, even if it were dealers, in a civilized country [most] people don't wish death upon criminals.

How many unborn baby's get the death penalty a year?

False equivalency.

Sure addicts choose to do drugs - the dealers choose to sell it to them knowing they can be lethal.

If you pointed an empty gun at someone you would get serious time - point a loaded gun, you would get more time, sell someone deadly drugs, you get a slap on the wrist.

Agreed, penalties for dealing, especially fentanyl, are currently inappropriate, and import and distribution should be interrupted as much as possible.

Why the problem??

Because Lawyers have to represent a person being charged for "Every" crime - most of it is via the taxpayer. Lawyers in Government make laws that are light - because the more people they can process, the more money Lawyers make ( at $450/hr, that's pretty huge ).

Dealers rarely "stop" the trade simply because they got "Caught" - they get bail or out on their own "Recognisance" ( like they are upstanding citizens) - then they go out, do some more selling, get caught - get bail or recognisance again - and repeat the process time and again even before the first charge gets heard ( if you can find them by then ).

People rarely re-point a gun at someone unless they are a criminal - so few repeat offenders here - but the drug trade is virtually 100% repeat offenders.

Do the math - lawyers in Government manipulate the laws - and are assured a cushy income when they leave politics ( and get off the tax nipple ) by having a system of swinging court doors.

To be a Judge, you need to be a Lawyer - case closed.

Quite the conspiracy, politicians and lawyers only create perceived "lenient" punishments to guarantee public defenders a cushy paycheque.
TJSmith
Übergod

Post by TJSmith »

We need the dealers, sharks and whales held accountable for the messes they’ve created in our community.
WalterWhite
Lord of the Board

Post by WalterWhite »

TerriJ73 wrote:We need the dealers, sharks and whales held accountable for the messes they’ve created in our community.

Please, as others have suggested - just stop with the fishy references.

Kudos to the police for an ongoing and often thankless battle - especially when so many are back on the streets within 24 hours.

Return to “Central Okanagan”