Lurker caught by owners

gman313
Lord of the Board

Re: Lurker caught by owners

Post by gman313 »

Fancy wrote:I get your point. I've been stolen from before and I'm out thousands of dollars. Whoever said insurance covers it hasn't a clue. What one needs is evidence, evidence, evidence. And really good photos. I have no problem phoning in to police because even they said if they don't know they can't help. Squeaky wheel gets the grease and there is more police presence than there has been. If every neighbourhood does that it's only a matter of time before these guys get caught and there has to be a breaking point eventually. You'd think the legal system will have to make changes to accommodate the increase in crime.

Agreed!
dle
Lord of the Board

Post by dle »

gman313 wrote:
Fancy wrote:You're kidding right? You don't think these guys trying car doors is NOT an attempt at stealing? When a door isn't locked, they go in and grab what they can. I know - I've yelled at a few and chased them off.

Don't get me wrong. I believe trying a locked door is attempted stealing. But the courts do not. that is all i'm suggesting

Just further proof of how stupid our Courts are......
kgcayenne
Buddha of the Board

Post by kgcayenne »

I wonder what would happen if someone went out and locked neighbours' car doors for them.
"without knowledge, he multiplies mere words."
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids.
Leifer
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Leifer »

The only way to solve this problem is for the men of this town to band together, and physically remove the scum. Leon will get you most of them. Drive them away
it is us, and our wives and children, or it is them. There is no middle ground anymore

I have to agree.
Just don't post about it on here or leave a trail (electronic or otherwise) for the authorities too follow.
They will drop everything they are doing to come after and prosecute anyone engaging in any sort of vigilante initiative.

You give the valley a bad reputation for this type of thieving dirt bags/junkies....they will move on to greener pastures. :up:

Just sayin. :130:
Two essential strategies for success.

1) Never reveal all you know
2)
WalterWhite
Lord of the Board

Post by WalterWhite »

gman313 wrote: The only way to solve this problem is for the men of this town to band together, and physically remove the scum.

Such rhetoric in these diverse and inclusive times we live.
...I personally know several women that could kick the proverbial shit-outta most of the men I know.
:D
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

sounds like you do not know to many real men, [icon_lol2.gif]
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Or women know how to handle the real men and take care of the little problems first - like kicking a$$ when required. Why pass off to someone else what real women can handle themselves? Or sometimes women can diffuse a situation before the kicking starts.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
vegas1500
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by vegas1500 »

These guys need to talk to Smith and Wesson
dle
Lord of the Board

Post by dle »

kgcayenne wrote:I wonder what would happen if someone went out and locked neighbours' car doors for them.

Back in the good ol' days nothing would have happened because they probably really would have been "being neighbourly" and doing a good deed. This isn't the good ol' days, they are long gone, and any stranger with his/her hand on your car door at night in your driveway is NOT out locking doors like a good samaritan - not by a long shot....
Tootsie
Board Meister

Post by Tootsie »

RE: Post # 7
" No, you can't string razor wire along the top but nice pointy tall spikes are good".

Well apparently you CAN string razor wire if you're a particular business right across Hwy 97 from KMS Tools - the one with the expensive air ventilation system on the roof. Check it out - it doesn't show on Google Streetview but it's there.Wonder what's in that building (inserting tongue into cheek now..or maybe I'm wrong). I noticed it awhile back and thought Mmmmm never seen razor wire on top of fences in Kelowna. If it's NOT razor wire then I stand corrected. Sure looks like it though.

I like the way people protect their property in Mexico. Cement walls with broken glass imbedded on top.
Calston2000

Post by Calston2000 »

wanderer wrote:I was talking to a friendly police person who happened to be in this area. He said that it was one of the better areas they hardly got any calls here. I immediately realized they (police) weren't getting calls on all the petty property crimes constantly going on in the night that no one bothered to call in. Unless crimes or suspicious activity (like checking vehicles, walking around private property) is reported the police think everything is A Okay. The citizens are their eyes and ears and they don't know what is happening in our neighbourhoods unless we report it, to them NOT to castanet. Get a file number and then leave it up to them how to deal with it, at least the statistics will be right and they can make decisions on where crime really is happening.

you have obviously never called the police.
cuba108
Fledgling

Post by cuba108 »

the truth wrote:sounds like you do not know to many real men, [icon_lol2.gif]

Yes we know, if it was your driveway you would have beaten him to death. [icon_lol2.gif]
If no one has died on the table, you have not done enough surgeries.

Return to “Central Okanagan”