Scandia Trip

LTD
Lord of the Board

Re: Scandia Trip

Post by LTD »

tsayta wrote:I guess it's true. So many losers in this town

exactly right, sometimes you just have to suck it up and pay for your own stupidity people
Energypluss

Post by Energypluss »

Scandia has been in kelowna for over 30 years. We made this an outing when we came here for a holiday and had nothing but a great time.
I would do all I could to make Scandia look its best and make a person that wants money look stupid. Sorry but money isnt everything!!!...and we all know where this is going.
I will watch this case closely and stand by Scandia!
So sad. :-X
Jlabute
Guru

Post by Jlabute »

People just don’t know HOW to fall down these days.

I recall going downstairs during the night. I couldn’t be bothered to turn on any lights trusting the stairs are always clear. Sure enough, a pair of super high-heels was placed on a top stair in the middle which I walked on and went flying 5’ down to a concrete floor. Did I sue my wife? NO! I was fine! lol. Couldn’t prove injury if I tried.
Lord Kelvin - When you can measure what you are speaking about, and express it in numbers, you know something about it.
tsayta
Lord of the Board

Post by tsayta »

Jlabute wrote:People just don’t know HOW to fall down these days.

I recall going downstairs during the night. I couldn’t be bothered to turn on any lights trusting the stairs are always clear. Sure enough, a pair of super high-heels was placed on a top stair in the middle which I walked on and went flying 5’ down to a concrete floor. Did I sue my wife? NO! I was fine! lol. Couldn’t prove injury if I tried.

Watch out. She did it on purpose
I have learned that to be with those I like is enough.
WW
Robert7461
Fledgling

Post by Robert7461 »

This is such a strange story. I mean I sympathize with the lady as she was badly injured, but the story says she fell at hole #7. Shouldn't she have noticed the "poor" lighting and all the tripping hazards on holes 1-6? I was playing jungle gold recently and there are plenty of bumps, bunched-up carpet hazards and wooden pieces all over the place to try to show where a new hole begins.

I know hindsight is 20/20 but if she's walking with a cane or somehow physically impaired, she should have been very cognizant of anything that could make her fall.

I hope Scandia at least pays her dental bills but who knows.
LTD
Lord of the Board

Post by LTD »

Jlabute wrote:People just don’t know HOW to fall down these days.

this sort of thing can happen when you're not used to wearing the wife's high heels :D
cjszalka

Post by cjszalka »

I think Scandia should pay her 14000 prize tickets.
Symbonite
Lord of the Board

Post by Symbonite »

its a mini golf course. there is hazards..that is the nature of mini golf...

sorry no sympathy here..
**Disclaimer: The above statement is in my OPINION only.
MCB
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by MCB »

cjszalka wrote:I think Scandia should pay her 14000 prize tickets.

OMG she could get an RC car for that! :biggrin:
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

Symbonite wrote:its a mini golf course. there is hazards..that is the nature of mini golf...
sorry no sympathy here..

I concur.
Bring back the LIKE button.
roblwowski

Post by roblwowski »

common_sense_guy wrote:
thekid wrote:How about you just watch where your going?

Nah lets get a lawsuit goin

Unless it's you right?. So quick to judge but if it was a friend of yours or you you'd probably do the same thing

Totally with buddy and watching where you walk. Friend or not I'd say they are stupid for wanting to make a lawsuit. It's because of people like that , that we cant do anything without a waiver or new laws to protect usless people

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on May 20th, 2019, 7:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Personal attack
psychprof
Fledgling

Post by psychprof »

If she is really only wanting to be reimbursed for expenses, then dental bill only. $8000 for pain and suffering? Come on!
phasyluck
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by phasyluck »

lesliepaul wrote:By reading this short story, I do not think anyone on here knows the whole story. The amount she is asking for is "relatively" small for her implied injuries in my opinion. Scandia no doubt carries insurance for things like this but if I was in charge of Scandia, I would not use my insurance to settle this...…...I would pay out of pocket to avoid my insurance going up because of the claim.

Thats what she is "banking" on.
Sure do love Rutland!!
OKkayak
Walks on Forum Water

Post by OKkayak »

This is a tough one, I totally get the watch where you walk comments, but claiming for damages is more than reasonable IMHO. Suing for a free jackpot, which isn't the case here, is something completely different.
one wheel
Übergod

Post by one wheel »

Unfortunately Scandia have insurance & people are very aware of that fact & suing has become a thing to do.
Taking personal responsibility no longer applies ? The idea that insurance gives out free money now rules.

Return to “Central Okanagan”