Rutland has done its share....Castanet article

wanderer
Generalissimo Postalot

Re: Rutland has done its share....Castanet article

Post by wanderer »

It looks like McCurdy Place housing will be much better than was initially presented to the public by BC Housing.

There will be in-house supports both for mental health and substance use, although not all residents have these problems. Also there are several other types of support workers: Home Support worker, Youth Housing worker, and Recreation worker. Those who do have substance use issues will have already begun on a journey of recovery and the in-house supports will be there for them if needed.

https://cmhakelowna.com/programs-and-se ... e-housing/
Scrobins94
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Scrobins94 »

wanderer wrote:It looks like McCurdy Place housing will be much better than was initially presented to the public by BC Housing.

There will be in-house supports both for mental health and substance use, although not all residents have these problems. Also there are several other types of support workers: Home Support worker, Youth Housing worker, and Recreation worker. Those who do have substance use issues will have already begun on a journey of recovery and the in-house supports will be there for them if needed.

https://cmhakelowna.com/programs-and-se ... e-housing/
Nice looking building too. Happy to hear that many people have another chance at life.
DarbyD
Übergod

Post by DarbyD »

Sorry, can't say I like the design at all. One more large square box like all the recent builds with no character at all. Hopefully the city / councilors start putting a quash on these uninspiring square box designs.
I'm not your enemy. We have a difference of opinion, and I can live with that. Can you?
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

So, you don't like it because of it's shape?
Bring back the LIKE button.
DarbyD
Übergod

Post by DarbyD »

alanjh595 wrote:So, you don't like it because of it's shape?
All I said was I didn't like the design, nothing about the purpose of the building or the residents.
I'm not your enemy. We have a difference of opinion, and I can live with that. Can you?
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

DarbyD wrote:Sorry, can't say I like the design at all. One more large square box like all the recent builds with no character at all. Hopefully the city / councilors start putting a quash on these uninspiring square box designs.
I agree and most of the new home builds seem to be the same square box. Cheap for them to build but they charge an arm and a leg.
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
Trixster
Banned

Post by Trixster »

just_browsing wrote:https://www.castanet.net/news/Kelowna/3 ... -on-Monday

The moment we've all been waiting for is finally here!
Give it a month and it will be changed into a Wet Facility
Graphite
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Graphite »

DarbyD wrote:Sorry, can't say I like the design at all. One more large square box like all the recent builds with no character at all. Hopefully the city / councilors start putting a quash on these uninspiring square box designs.
I think it is unlikely unless it is in a fancy part of town where the city pumps all our money into
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

Trixster wrote:
just_browsing wrote:https://www.castanet.net/news/Kelowna/3 ... -on-Monday

The moment we've all been waiting for is finally here!
Give it a month and it will be changed into a Wet Facility
just a matter of time, sad but true, people running these places have a track record of lying , they can not be trusted ever, just a bunch of pr bs
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
one wheel
Übergod

Post by one wheel »

Where have these 49 people have been staying until now, are some being reshuffled from the old A&B Sound building on Leon Ave. & others from the Doyle Ave. location ?

I believe Kelowna has more shelter space than homeless to fill them ?

The outdoor camp on Baillie Ave. across from Sunripe appears almost empty whenever I've looked so what are the actual numbers of homeless in Kelowna this week ?
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

build it and the junkies will come
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

the problem is, the city has moved them mostly to rutland :cuss: ,
Grandan
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Grandan »

the truth wrote:the problem is, the city has moved them mostly to rutland :cuss: ,
You mean from where they came from?
Waste not
Trixster
Banned

Post by Trixster »

New supportive housing at McCurdy and Rutland Rd has only been open three days and I've see the Cops there twice already!
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

Trixster wrote:New supportive housing at McCurdy and Rutland Rd has only been open three days and I've see the Cops there twice already!
This may be a sign the neighbourhood will see good enforcement of the expectations, with problem people removed from the facility.

If the rules are firmly enforced from the get-go, that's a good thing for everyone - the neighbours, the staff, and the vulnerable people using the building. No one in or around the facility should have to put up with a resident who can't or won't be a good neighbour.
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.

Return to “Central Okanagan”