Rutland has done its share....Castanet article

Re: Rutland has done its share....Castanet article

Postby the truth » Nov 25th, 2020, 11:25 am

[qute="the truth"]
DarbyD wrote:I see one of the predator members of the local drug gang, previously from Hein Rd, is up to the same old tricks and wanted by police:

https://www.castanet.net/news/Crime-Sto ... ost-wanted

Curtis Frederick Moyan (DOB 1982-11-04) is wanted for one count of assault with a weapon.

Moyan is described as a 37-year-old non-white male, 5’9” tall and 175 lbs. He has brown hair and blue eyes.

Crime Stoppers will pay cash for information leading to the arrest of this suspect. If you see him, do not approach him.

Call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS or go to http://www.crimestoppers.net.

that scumbag is still around :cuss: , safe bet he ends up in one of the 24/7 junkie wet facilities removed[/quote]

wow out running the streets again, thanks to scumbag lawyers https://www.castanet.net/news/Crime-Sto ... ted#317382 , try looking on hein road they have controlled that steet for years
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell

Mclass55 likes this post.
the truth
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 10767 posts

Postby the truth » Jan 21st, 2021, 2:38 pm

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Jan 21st, 2021, 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off Topic
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
the truth
Buddha of the Board

Postby the truth » Feb 6th, 2021, 1:04 pm

https://www.castanet.net/news/Penticton ... BC-Housing kelowna should look into bc housing also
the truth
Buddha of the Board

Postby just_browsing » Feb 7th, 2021, 10:17 am

the truth wrote:https://www.castanet.net/news/Penticton/323108/Unhappy-with-BC-Housing kelowna should look into bc housing also

What, you don't agree with housing a known predator on the 4th floor of a complex over looking a family park? Or is it that you don't agree with housing known problematics one block from schools?

Seems like this type of housing is really pushing forward with solid and meaningful discussions at the business level... :135:

I'm all for pushing these people out of all residential neighborhoods starting with Rutland. They could have had their chance to make peace with the residents, but instead they chose to invade and destroy our neighborhoods while we remain powerless? Time to push back? Sign me up! :biggrin:

2 people like this post.
just_browsing
Fledgling

Liked in: 260 posts

Postby wanderer » Mar 11th, 2021, 1:24 pm

It looks like McCurdy Place housing will be much better than was initially presented to the public by BC Housing.

There will be in-house supports both for mental health and substance use, although not all residents have these problems. Also there are several other types of support workers: Home Support worker, Youth Housing worker, and Recreation worker. Those who do have substance use issues will have already begun on a journey of recovery and the in-house supports will be there for them if needed.

https://cmhakelowna.com/programs-and-se ... e-housing/

4 people like this post.
wanderer
Generalissimo Postalot

Liked in: 697 posts

Postby Scrobins94 » Mar 11th, 2021, 7:07 pm

wanderer wrote:It looks like McCurdy Place housing will be much better than was initially presented to the public by BC Housing.

There will be in-house supports both for mental health and substance use, although not all residents have these problems. Also there are several other types of support workers: Home Support worker, Youth Housing worker, and Recreation worker. Those who do have substance use issues will have already begun on a journey of recovery and the in-house supports will be there for them if needed.

https://cmhakelowna.com/programs-and-se ... e-housing/

Nice looking building too. Happy to hear that many people have another chance at life.
Scrobins94
Generalissimo Postalot

Liked in: 598 posts

Postby DarbyD » Mar 15th, 2021, 10:00 am

Sorry, can't say I like the design at all. One more large square box like all the recent builds with no character at all. Hopefully the city / councilors start putting a quash on these uninspiring square box designs.
They comes,
They goes.

2 people like this post.
DarbyD
Fledgling

Liked in: 423 posts

Postby alanjh595 » Mar 15th, 2021, 9:22 pm

So, you don't like it because of it's shape?
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.
alanjh595
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 7077 posts

Postby DarbyD » Mar 16th, 2021, 6:40 pm

alanjh595 wrote:So, you don't like it because of it's shape?

All I said was I didn't like the design, nothing about the purpose of the building or the residents.
They comes,
They goes.
DarbyD
Fledgling

Liked in: 423 posts

Postby Bsuds » Mar 16th, 2021, 7:04 pm

DarbyD wrote:Sorry, can't say I like the design at all. One more large square box like all the recent builds with no character at all. Hopefully the city / councilors start putting a quash on these uninspiring square box designs.

I agree and most of the new home builds seem to be the same square box. Cheap for them to build but they charge an arm and a leg.
My Wife is blaming me for ruining her Birthday!
That's ridiculous, I didn't even know it was her Birthday!

Randall T likes this post.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Liked in: 17739 posts

Postby just_browsing » Mar 20th, 2021, 9:05 am

just_browsing
Fledgling

Liked in: 260 posts

Postby Trixster » Mar 20th, 2021, 12:53 pm

just_browsing wrote:https://www.castanet.net/news/Kelowna/328472/Kelowna-s-newest-supportive-housing-opens-doors-on-Monday

The moment we've all been waiting for is finally here!

Give it a month and it will be changed into a Wet Facility
Trixster
Fledgling

Liked in: 146 posts

Postby Graphite » Mar 21st, 2021, 10:55 am

DarbyD wrote:Sorry, can't say I like the design at all. One more large square box like all the recent builds with no character at all. Hopefully the city / councilors start putting a quash on these uninspiring square box designs.

I think it is unlikely unless it is in a fancy part of town where the city pumps all our money into
Graphite
Übergod

Liked in: 380 posts

Postby the truth » Mar 22nd, 2021, 7:15 am

Trixster wrote:
just_browsing wrote:https://www.castanet.net/news/Kelowna/328472/Kelowna-s-newest-supportive-housing-opens-doors-on-Monday

The moment we've all been waiting for is finally here!

Give it a month and it will be changed into a Wet Facility

just a matter of time, sad but true, people running these places have a track record of lying , they can not be trusted ever, just a bunch of pr bs

2 people like this post.
the truth
Buddha of the Board

Postby one wheel » Mar 22nd, 2021, 1:38 pm

Where have these 49 people have been staying until now, are some being reshuffled from the old A&B Sound building on Leon Ave. & others from the Doyle Ave. location ?

I believe Kelowna has more shelter space than homeless to fill them ?

The outdoor camp on Baillie Ave. across from Sunripe appears almost empty whenever I've looked so what are the actual numbers of homeless in Kelowna this week ?

2 people like this post.
one wheel
Generalissimo Postalot

Liked in: 1107 posts

PreviousNext

Return to Central Okanagan