Fear not warranted

spooker

Re: Fear not warranted

Post by spooker »

Brerrabbit18 wrote:From the layout in the article why don't we see any of these supported houses going up on lakeshore? Mission? Glenmore? Dilworth? Need I go on?

People want the government to get the best bang for the buck since it's our tax money being used to fund all of this right? I certainly see a direct correlation to property prices and the location of supportive housing ... I remember a friend who was selling his parents place just off Lakeshore ... 0.3 acre for over $2.5MM ... and the house was pretty much a tear-down

Queen K wrote:Also, the kids can't even ride their bikes to school and lock them.

Because these hapless junkies who can't work CAN apparently work at stealing bikes all night and day. And guess what is next door? A GIANT bike rack! All theirs for the picking! Some with easy to cut cable locks and some will need more work, but the parts will still be worth money right? WOW! I can see the letter to Colin now:

A school near downtown ... no fence around the bike rack ... easy access to the trails ... had a single bike stolen over the 2018-2019 school year ... (working on getting district-wide stats)
WalterWhite
Lord of the Board

Post by WalterWhite »

Curious why this story has not been posted to Castanet's FB page - at least not that I can see as yet.
dudemeiser

Post by dudemeiser »

Simply displays the "us VS them" elitism that marks today's politics
featfan
Guru

Post by featfan »

279MS60__64854.1454540979.jpg
Thinking how close someone could get to Basran wearing one of these on Canada Day before his plainclothes RCMP guards take them down?

Remember video everything.
Last edited by featfan on Jun 27th, 2019, 3:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
MisterBoPeep
Banned

Post by MisterBoPeep »

Why aren’t more people happy about these facilities helping people?
WalterWhite
Lord of the Board

Post by WalterWhite »

#thepeasantsarerevolting

This is being now reported on other news sites and making the rounds on social media.
Don't look now Colin, but you've poked a hornet's nest...

https://startcomplaining.ca/
vinnied
Lord of the Board

Post by vinnied »

He adds that, while many believe an abstinence-based facility would make more sense, he wonders if that wouldn't just send people outside to use in parks, alleys and around the neighbourhood.

"To me, it would make more sense for people to be using inside the building where needles can be collected, and lives can be saved as opposed to continuing to push that out into neighbourhoods.

Wake up Mr mayor. Its not just the tenants that will be doing drugs, its all the company they keep that will be hanging around the neighbourhood doing them. just look at the enterprise area as an example. Those poor buisness owners just cant catch a break lately.
And not everyone homeless drug addict is going to want to pay 375 dollars a month for rent, they can sleep in the bush for free. And have shelters opened for them in the winter. Wet facilities all over Rutland are not going to make this problem disappear. it will only spread out the disease to what were once nice neighbourhoods. But hey, as long as the downtowns cleaned up before all these new high rises open I guess. Because really that's the end game here.
[(4-Hydroxybutyl)azanediyl]di(hexane-6,1-diyl) bis(2-hexyldecanoate), ALC-0315 equivalent, is a ionizable, physiological pH cationic synthetic lipid that is used with other lipids to form lipid nanoparticles(LNP) for drug delivery, For research use only.
featfan
Guru

Post by featfan »

WalterWhite wrote:#thepeasantsarerevolting

This is being now reported on other news sites and making the rounds on social media.

I`m writing a few major news sites in Canada to come and look into this problem.
vinnied
Lord of the Board

Post by vinnied »

WalterWhite wrote:#thepeasantsarerevolting

Oh I wish they would add his quote of no children have died as a result of these facilities
[(4-Hydroxybutyl)azanediyl]di(hexane-6,1-diyl) bis(2-hexyldecanoate), ALC-0315 equivalent, is a ionizable, physiological pH cationic synthetic lipid that is used with other lipids to form lipid nanoparticles(LNP) for drug delivery, For research use only.
vinnied
Lord of the Board

Post by vinnied »

MisterBoPeep wrote:Why aren’t more people happy about these facilities helping people?

location location location
MalaPropina
Board Meister

Post by MalaPropina »

MisterBoPeep wrote:Why aren’t more people happy about these facilities helping people?

These facilities enable junkies to continue they're lifestyle of using, thieving, unaccountability and having everything handed to them. Maybe a few lives are saved because someone else monitors their using.... and the next day they are using again

These facilities are being put where they clearly shouldn't be. Near schools and family neighbourhoods. They are being grouped in one area of town, where for many young families, are the neighbourhoods they can afford. Also many older people have either moved there because of affordability or they've remained after raising their own families.

I see nothing to be happy about.
WalterWhite
Lord of the Board

Post by WalterWhite »

I see you're new here - perhaps do a little light reading and enlighten yourself:

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=82275

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=82245

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=78598

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=82325

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=81982

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=79833

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=82200

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=82175

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=82164
Jollyjo

Post by Jollyjo »

the truth wrote:so are kids need to die before its an issue with him--who says that wt :swear:

If this is his bottom line, we are in serious trouble. He is not listening to taxpayers and voters. A recent poll said that over 80% would not want this in their area. Agassiz Road residents are in the same situation.
SteWe
Fledgling

Post by SteWe »

Spent some time interviewing business owners and residents living around Cardington, they all said there's not a peep from that building. It's super quiet. You wouldn't even know it's there. But carry on with your silly arguments - nobody is listening for good reason save for our ridiculous local media outlets printing your stupid opinions.
spooker

Post by spooker »

Jollyjo wrote:
the truth wrote:so are kids need to die before its an issue with him--who says that wt :swear:

If this is his bottom line, we are in serious trouble. He is not listening to taxpayers and voters. A recent poll said that over 80% would not want this in their area. Agassiz Road residents are in the same situation.

And too many people are listening to social media and forums like these for their opinions ... of course 80% would say that, it's a Castanet poll and I think we can all look around and see the type of people hang out here (pointing finger back at self) ...

I have supportive housing a few blocks away from my house ... I'm at the border of the "red zone" ... I pick up needles from the park ... I chat with people who are camped out in the lane behind my place, usually giving them a time limit to move on ...

I don't chain my child to the house and cover their eyes when a homeless person walks by ... I don't live in fear that she will be given drugs ... each night I make sure everything is locked up that can be reasonably taken care of ... lost a cushion from a lawn chair last year ... found it behind the KSAN House a couple of days later, washed it, and now it's back on the chair ...

People seem to be living in fear because they want someone else to take responsibility for their environment ... the community I live in goes from the water's edge to pretty much Gordon Rd ... I roam all the way from Clement to Cadder ... the Bylaw office knows my voice as I engage with them at least once a week ... I regularly talk to random strangers on my travels, both for simple well wishes and for educational purposes ... I wish you were as lucky as I am ...

Return to “Central Okanagan”