Fear not warranted

OkLifeOkLiving

Re: Fear not warranted

Post by OkLifeOkLiving »

I'm sure it'll be up on Castanet soon enough, a young lady actually stepped in and took control of the situation when she witnessed the attack by aiding to the elderly gentleman until ambulance and police arrived and knocking the attacker out.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

removed
Last edited by Catsumi on Feb 22nd, 2020, 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Use your Basran thread!
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
SteWe
Fledgling

Post by SteWe »

removed
Last edited by Catsumi on Feb 22nd, 2020, 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Making it personal
voice of reason
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by voice of reason »

lets see the usual white knights and heroes say it wasnt a junkie this time
t76turbo
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by t76turbo »

I read the story last knight on Facebook. I would have loved to see this happen on camera. Knocking out the perp and instilling the fear of god in the other junkie is wild!
What makes me wonder is how long it took police to attend. Hero lady said it took B.C. ambulance 15 min to respond and RCMP a further 10 min.
It’s high time (no pun intended) to take back this city from a) the useless council, major, and their affiliates and b) the junkie parasites that have invaded this city.

Brenna Allan hats off to you for helping a fellow man in need of assistance and dishing out some one handed street justice.
Yup council and major, a woman has to step in to do what you sissies can’t! Shame on you!
I really like your post, just can’t find the button. I’m part of the fringe minority.
Defund the CBC? You bet, they are part of the spreading hate machine, protecting their captain!
Lore
Übergod

Post by Lore »

t76turbo wrote:I read the story last knight on Facebook. I would have loved to see this happen on camera. Knocking out the perp and instilling the fear of god in the other junkie is wild!
What makes me wonder is how long it took police to attend. Hero lady said it took B.C. ambulance 15 min to respond and RCMP a further 10 min.
It’s high time (no pun intended) to take back this city from a) the useless council, major, and their affiliates and b) the junkie parasites that have invaded this city.

Brenna Allan hats off to you for helping a fellow man in need of assistance and dishing out some one handed street justice.
Yup council and major, a woman has to step in to do what you sissies can’t! Shame on you!

With regards to the RCMP response time, I had been driving around a few areas of town around the time this happened and saw cops with lights flashing everywhere.Never seen it so busy.I think the cops were very busy yesterday.My guess is its the weekend after welfare checks so there's lots of money to buy lots of drugs which brings on lots of weirdness.
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

Unreal... I have not heard anything about it, off to see what I can find.
I don't bother going to that TD Branch any more, always sketchy people even with the so called Patrol
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

normaM wrote:Unreal... I have not heard anything about it, off to see what I can find.
I don't bother going to that TD Branch any more, always sketchy people even with the so called Patrol

I was verbally attacked by a homeless person there 2 years ago kitty corner to the TD Bank in broad daylight. I had just come out of the Royal Bank and around 11:00 in the morning. This guy came at me 3 times to physically attack me. But I stood my ground and he backed off.

Use to go to Tonics often but refuse to go there anymore do to increase of so many more skids hanging around the area.
Ecclesiastes 10:2 A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left.

Thor Heyerdahl Says: “Our lack of knowledge about our own past is appalling.
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

t76turbo wrote:I read the story last knight on Facebook. I would have loved to see this happen on camera. Knocking out the perp and instilling the fear of god in the other junkie is wild!

I read the story to. It was on Kelowna Alert on Facebook where people report crimes around Kelowna and area. It's a great page.
If your on Facebook it's a great page to follow....
Ecclesiastes 10:2 A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left.

averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

Trixster wrote:
OkLifeOkLiving wrote:An elderly gentleman was stabbed last night with a needle minding his own business outside of the TD bank on Ellis.

Link?

Here is the story on Kelowna Alert on Facebook....

Tonight I witnessed and sat with an older gentle who got stabbed with a needle at the TD on Ellis. I was walking by TD on Ellis and as I walked by I witnessed a homeless piece of scum, decide to stab an old guy with a needle as I walked by. I flew in an swung my basket with all my might and knocked out the POS, while a younger girl probably 19 sat in the corner holding her fully loaded needle scared absolutely *bleep*. I sat with this older gentleman for about 15 mins until the ambulance showed up. Followed 10 minutes later by the cops. This man could have died while I waited for the ambulance. Thank the universe he was the coolest, strongest willed man I’ve ever met and stayed together didn’t panic and kept calm while I was ready to cry for him. I’m concerned for our community as this old guy was taking out a large sum of money which he was not totally sure if he’d taken out or not I just witnessed the end not the beginning sadly. So people we’ve now had the most *bleep* up stories we seriously need to stand up to our “mayor” or whatever the *bleep* he really is and end this. I deal with this *bleep* on the daily as I live downtown. I’m done with having to watch my back when I decide to go for a peaceful walk downtown and window shop, I’m *bleep* sick of my car getting broken into, I’m REALLY *bleep* sick of having to watch my step because there are needles everywhere. I’m done with this city. It was cleaner a few years ago I don’t know what the *bleep* happened but I am done. And I’m sure hundreds of others are too. So please please watch out for others, say something if you see something, If someone looks really nervous around someone unfavourable strike up a conversation! You never know who you’re saving or how many you’ve saved. Be safe everyone ❤️

P.S. I just only have my left hand in use due to surgery so if I can do it you can do it!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1291757 ... highlights

GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Mr. Mayor wants to paint a rosy picture of Kelowna so that the tourism industry will continue to look good. Got some news Sir those tourist have eyes & ears... will tell others what they seen. Sooner or later the stuff you are turning a blinds eye to will effect the industry you are trying to encourage.

Best to just get your hands dirty now and be done with it... Mr. Mayor.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

Thanks - read it and the comments
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

GordonH wrote:Mr. Mayor wants to paint a rosy picture of Kelowna so that the tourism industry will continue to look good. Got some news Sir those tourist have eyes & ears... will tell others what they seen. Sooner or later the stuff you are turning a blinds eye to will effect the industry you are trying to encourage.

Best to just get your hands dirty now and be done with it... Mr. Mayor.

its pretty clear he does not care
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Mark1111
Board Meister

Post by Mark1111 »

Like some of you my first reaction to reading this story was ‘why aren’t the cops doing any more to stop this’. But on reflection the answer is obvious. We do not have enough police officers. I am sure the ones we do have are no more impressed with this situation than we are. And if we get more police officers and make more arrests the court system continues to practice their ‘catch and release’ policy. And this is because the Provincial and Federal governments do not have the political will to increase court staffing and build / expand correction facilities and reopen mental heath facilities. And they never will. Never. Unless they are embarrassed into doing so.
So where does that leave us. I seriously believe this problem will never be solved without citizen intervention. The people of Kelowna and other cities need to embarrass our governments all the way up to the Federal level with public displays of this kind of citizen street level intervention. Published so the rest of the country and the world sees it. Publicly the RCMP will have to come out with the usual blather about vigilante justice but privately members will probably be cheering us on. Otherwise this will simply continue to worsen. If you see something, do something.
If you want to test a man's character, give him power.
A. Lincoln
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

reopen mental heath facilities

As much as I agree, I can see that these facilities will just get misused as a dumping ground ......again.

Since addiction is a medical issue, that is where they will dump all the addicts.
They will also dump pedophiles and the homeless. Virtually every street dweller will be diagnosed with some sort mental issue. I am sure that even "hoarders" will have some level of mental illness.

It would be against their Human Rights to institutionalize these people.
Bring back the LIKE button.

Return to “Central Okanagan”