Dad: He seemed happy

dle
Lord of the Board

Re: Dad: He seemed happy

Post by dle »

kgcayenne wrote:
cubafreak wrote:When my daughter was a teen she had a lot of friends that didn't like the rules at home so they rebelled and of course, as the story goes, "their parents kicked them out" they seemed fine to choose to couch surf as opposed to following the rules of the home. The odd one occupied my couch for a short time....until they found out I had rules too. I guess I was a mean Mom/person :138:

Mean parents are nicer than the people on the streets.

It does not take the smart ones long to realize rules are everywhere and home is not so bad. Even the street people have rules.

Boy, being grounded or having some privilege taken away sure sounds better than being stabbed.

This tragedy is definitely a teaching moment for parents to use whose kids think home sucks....death sucks worse.....and Eli was their own age so it's relatable to them. Course some little whippersnappers think they would be "much smarter" and have more "street smarts" so wouldn't listen anyways....but some will see the sense of staying home....
DarbyD
Übergod

Post by DarbyD »

Do we know if he was involved with child services or social services in Alberta?
Was there a suggestion there that if he went to Kelowna he might be eligible for supportive housing and not have to alter his lifestyle?

I'm just curious why he decided to leave Calgary and come to Kelowna, what influences, why go so far away from Mom and Dad.

According to the article Mom came here and tried to coax him to go back home with her and he declined.

I was informed several years ago that those higher up in the drug trade hierarchy recruit pre teens and young teens to act like mules. They get an order for drugs and these kids on bikes with their backpacks do the delivery. These higher ups target kids living in poverty, kids who have absent parents, or kids with an abusive background, and flash more money at them then they've ever seen before. That often is the beginning of a long downward spiral. Was this kid recruited to do this kind of thing in Kelowna? This is similar to how prostitutes are moved around the province, the country, from town to town by a very organized group.
I'm not your enemy. We have a difference of opinion, and I can live with that. Can you?
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

I think the the " witness" more involved that he is letting on.
If there is a parent alive thinks it is ok for their kids to live on the street for one Summer I'd be surprised.

Most adults can't survive on the streets, and he was out for over a year.
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second
Country plough boy
Übergod

Post by Country plough boy »

DarbyD wrote:Do we know if he was involved with child services or social services in Alberta?
Was there a suggestion there that if he went to Kelowna he might be eligible for supportive housing and not have to alter his lifestyle?

I'm just curious why he decided to leave Calgary and come to Kelowna, what influences, why go so far away from Mom and Dad.

According to the article Mom came here and tried to coax him to go back home with her and he declined.

I was informed several years ago that those higher up in the drug trade hierarchy recruit pre teens and young teens to act like mules. They get an order for drugs and these kids on bikes with their backpacks do the delivery. These higher ups target kids living in poverty, kids who have absent parents, or kids with an abusive background, and flash more money at them then they've ever seen before. That often is the beginning of a long downward spiral. Was this kid recruited to do this kind of thing in Kelowna? This is similar to how prostitutes are moved around the province, the country, from town to town by a very organized group.

Who would want a kid selling drugs ?
Country plough boy
Übergod

Post by Country plough boy »

normaM wrote:I think the the " witness" more involved that he is letting on.
If there is a parent alive thinks it is ok for their kids to live on the street for one Summer I'd be surprised.

Most adults can't survive on the streets, and he was out for over a year.

Guess the parents felt they had zero options. Not sure how it got that far. Seems like an abusive situation to me. Im not privvy to any information though so its just my opinion. We all know what they say about opinions
yootuber

Post by yootuber »

Just curious why castanet pulled the "witness" article earlier??
There's Danger on the edge of town!
Triple 6

Post by Triple 6 »

yootuber wrote:Just curious why castanet pulled the "witness" article earlier??

You need to contact Castanet News directly. thanks.
"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself." -- Josh Billings
vinnied
Lord of the Board

Post by vinnied »

Because hes not a witness. he never even went to the police with this information.
Just another junkie flappin at the gums when he shouldn't be. Most likely a suspect now
[(4-Hydroxybutyl)azanediyl]di(hexane-6,1-diyl) bis(2-hexyldecanoate), ALC-0315 equivalent, is a ionizable, physiological pH cationic synthetic lipid that is used with other lipids to form lipid nanoparticles(LNP) for drug delivery, For research use only.
kgcayenne
Buddha of the Board

Post by kgcayenne »

Why was the ‘witness’ article pulled? Someone finally grew a brain cell and realized how screwed up it was to have run it in the first place.Journalism is not what happened here.

Edited to correct...
Last edited by kgcayenne on Jul 6th, 2019, 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"without knowledge, he multiplies mere words."
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

Queen K wrote:I suspect the dad thought, "give my son a Summer of street living to find out that's not what he wants to do for the rest of his life."

His son was young enough to achieve anything later in life. One Summer? Big deal. I truly believe the parents thought it would just be a temporary life lesson. Not a permanent one.

really :135:
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
TJSmith
Übergod

Post by TJSmith »

https://www.castanet.net/news/Kelowna/2 ... ess-speaks

Link seems to still work
dogspoiler
Buddha of the Board

Post by dogspoiler »

vinnied wrote:]
Because hes not a witness. he never even went to the police with this information.
Just another junkie flappin at the gums when he shouldn't be. Most likely a suspect now

Anyone that may have information pertinent to the case may be called as a witness.
Black Dogs Matter
vinnied
Lord of the Board

Post by vinnied »

dogspoiler wrote:Anyone that may have information pertinent to the case may be called as a witness.

Yeah, if they can sober him up long enough to give a statement. Then also lock him up long enough, so hes not high when he has to testify
[(4-Hydroxybutyl)azanediyl]di(hexane-6,1-diyl) bis(2-hexyldecanoate), ALC-0315 equivalent, is a ionizable, physiological pH cationic synthetic lipid that is used with other lipids to form lipid nanoparticles(LNP) for drug delivery, For research use only.
dogspoiler
Buddha of the Board

Post by dogspoiler »

That may be against his sub-human rights.
Black Dogs Matter
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

the truth wrote:
Queen K wrote:I suspect the dad thought, "give my son a Summer of street living to find out that's not what he wants to do for the rest of his life."

His son was young enough to achieve anything later in life. One Summer? Big deal. I truly believe the parents thought it would just be a temporary life lesson. Not a permanent one.

really :135:

Yes really. It's possible his parents believed the life of hard knocks on the street would be fun for him for a Summer. Why is that so hard to believe?
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?

Return to “Central Okanagan”