Taco time

What you're doing when you're not working, or on facebook.
normaM
The Pilgrim

Re: Taco time

Post by normaM »

I think it will be demo. and turned into a 6Bucks. As the Owner said " I can't say more" Besides the Safeway is rebranding and prolly there won't be a Starbucks there afterwards.

Must be a hell of a profit in coffee given the number of coffee shops we have.
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

normaM wrote:I think it will be demo. and turned into a 6Bucks. As the Owner said " I can't say more" Besides the Safeway is rebranding and prolly there won't be a Starbucks there afterwards.

I thought it was just the Benard Safeway being re-branded ? Maybe that is "just for now"?

I agree, I also wonder how long this "fad" will last, especially at those crazy prices. It's only the Timmys and the *Bucks have the major portion of the market.
Bring back the LIKE button.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

normaM wrote:Must be a hell of a profit in coffee given the number of coffee shops we have.

The cost of coffee beans is down to the growers but up for the consumer. So we are being screwed by the coffee shops but also by the gas cost to get there. :smt045
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

When aren't we screwed. I am limiting myself re coffee = altho it is fun to give 8Bucks a fake name and smile when they call it out. Haven't had mexi fries in years, must hit up Taco Time. Hate to see them just disappear and there is already a Taco Bell at the Mall ( but some empty space at the food court there.
Off for mexi fries :) I will save TTs!!
69cutlass
Übergod

Post by 69cutlass »

As I stated in the start of this thread. When Safeway rebrands as freshco there WON'T BE a starbucks inside. And no taco time will not be demolished at this time as their lease is still good for 2 years with an option for 5 more.
OKkayak
Walks on Forum Water

Post by OKkayak »

normaM wrote:Hate to see them just disappear and there is already a Taco Bell at the Mall ( but some empty space at the food court there.

Hard Tacos - Taco Bell over Taco Time.
Burritos - Taco Time over Taco Bell (but Mucho's or Chipotle over both).
Fries - Taco Time (only when dipped in hot sauce) over Taco Bell (fries supreme could be better if TB used a better french fry).
Overall value - Taco Bell over Taco Time, mucho food for your poco dinero.

:up:
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

OKkayak wrote:
normaM wrote:Hate to see them just disappear and there is already a Taco Bell at the Mall ( but some empty space at the food court there.

Hard Tacos - Taco Bell over Taco Time.
Burritos - Taco Time over Taco Bell (but Mucho's or Chipotle over both).
Fries - Taco Time (only when dipped in hot sauce) over Taco Bell (fries supreme could be better if TB used a better french fry).
Overall value - Taco Bell over Taco Time, mucho food for your poco dinero.

:up:

Isss....think yoooz eets to much junk foooods. Personally, I haven't had any one of them.
OKkayak
Walks on Forum Water

Post by OKkayak »

alanjh595 wrote:Isss....think yoooz eets to much junk foooods. Personally, I haven't had any one of them.

Nuthin' wrong with a bit of "junk food" now and then. I like to try new things, go against silly dietary trends, live life to the fullest and defy the doomsayer food "know-it-alls" :biggrin:
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

"Personally, I haven't had any one of them." thud. I have my secret fav taco place, never liked the way the meat tastes at either TT or TB. Prolly some beyond meat aka shavings :/ Usually what landlords want they get, sounds like they want Taco Time gone.

My place does tamales to dream of
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

OKkayak wrote:
alanjh595 wrote:Isss....think yoooz eets to much junk foooods. Personally, I haven't had any one of them.

Nuthin' wrong with a bit of "junk food" now and then. I like to try new things, go against silly dietary trends, live life to the fullest and defy the doomsayer food "know-it-alls" :biggrin:

Hey!....I am with you on that. Enjoy......make good use of all your taste buds. I couldn't care less about the doomsdayers.

How can you determine if you like something or not if you don't try it? I you don't like it, don't eat it. I will never give any credit to other people's opinions on food.
All through my life, I have not liked mushrooms in my food. People tell me, "they don't have any taste".
My reply is, "Why bother putting them in my food if they add nothing to the flavor"?
.. . Just thinking about T/O pizza, mushroom burgers, and Chinese food.

Sorry, I digress.
kgcayenne
Buddha of the Board

Post by kgcayenne »

I’ll choose Taco Time over Taco Hell any day.
"without knowledge, he multiplies mere words."
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids.
TJSmith
Übergod

Post by TJSmith »

kgcayenne wrote:I’ll choose Taco Time over Taco Hell any day.

This is reasonable.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

It's not that hard to make a loose meat soft or hard shell meal or vegetarian version with refried beans.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

Maybe I should try these places to get a comparision to mine?

I highly doubt that these Canadian fast food versions are close to the true Mexican Tacos.

I tried many different tacos and salsa and etc, while in Mexico, they were just not to my taste, they were good, but not great. Maybe it is because I have my doubts about the food safety standards in Mexico? I never got sick, but I was still concerned.
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

normaM wrote:"Personally, I haven't had any one of them." thud. I have my secret fav taco place, never liked the way the meat tastes at either TT or TB. Prolly some beyond meat aka shavings :/ Usually what landlords want they get, sounds like they want Taco Time gone.

My place does tamales to dream of

If you haven't had either one of them, it begs the question how do you know what the meats tastes like at either, since that's apparently your reasoning for not liking them?

In order to come to that conclusion you must have eaten there at least once no?
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien

Return to “Entertainment, Food, Travel, the Arts”