Warriors claim Ice

Sports, camping, hunting, fishing, hiking, exercise, biking, scooters...you get the idea.
TJSmith
Übergod

Re: Warriors claim Ice

Post by TJSmith »

Just reread the article, it is only 6 games that impact anything. Seems easy to get around.

Why won’t association to everyone what happened to the $30k? There needs to be transparency from all parties as they are using facilities funded by the taxpayers.
Last edited by TJSmith on Jul 12th, 2021, 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Symbonite
Lord of the Board

Post by Symbonite »

and thats the reason they dont do the 50/50 anymore because there is something ice cold (booo i know) about how the money is handled...and if i put my 5 bucks in and its going into someone elses hands then I would be p.o.ed and commend the Warriors ownership for bringing it out.

too many rip off artists out there and it seems to be all women lately....ie the hospice place on ethel...

If its not true this lady better come out now to prove her innocence now before it really goes south...
**Disclaimer: The above statement is in my OPINION only.
TJSmith
Übergod

Post by TJSmith »

Symbonite wrote:and thats the reason they dont do the 50/50 anymore because there is something ice cold (booo i know) about how the money is handled...and if i put my 5 bucks in and its going into someone elses hands then I would be p.o.ed and commend the Warriors ownership for bringing it out.

too many rip off artists out there and it seems to be all women lately....ie the hospice place on ethel...

If its not true this lady better come out now to prove her innocence now before it really goes south...

Answers are needed here. You can’t expect people to pay hundreds of dollars for registration and more in expenses to an association that could be lacking transparency. Hopefully it’s all a misunderstanding.

Minor sports mixed with politics is sad for the kids.
Symbonite
Lord of the Board

Post by Symbonite »

TerriJ73 wrote:Answers are needed here. You can’t expect people to pay hundreds of dollars for registration and more in expenses to an association that could be lacking transparency. Hopefully it’s all a misunderstanding.

Minor sports mixed with politics is sad for the kids.

EXACTLY!
WestKDad

Post by WestKDad »

At the WKMHA AGM, all the money was accounted for. I was in attendance at the AGM and I commend Marnie for not speaking out in a public forum about WKMHA finances and making this discussion about something it should not be about. Kim is using the story of "unaccounted" funds as a distraction from the true story...which is his desire to put the Warriors above all other community programs. Please remember that WKMHA has spoken up. But this also impacts ringette, figure skating, public skating, CanSkate, and many other community programs that use this ice surface.
Symbonite
Lord of the Board

Post by Symbonite »

so is the schedule done for all these programs yet? because im looking around and I still see last years schedule. If so, the Warriors jump on their contracted right of change to give time for everyone else.
TJSmith
Übergod

Post by TJSmith »

WestKDad wrote:At the WKMHA AGM, all the money was accounted for. I was in attendance at the AGM and I commend Marnie for not speaking out in a public forum about WKMHA finances and making this discussion about something it should not be about. Kim is using the story of "unaccounted" funds as a distraction from the true story...which is his desire to put the Warriors above all other community programs. Please remember that WKMHA has spoken up. But this also impacts ringette, figure skating, public skating, CanSkate, and many other community programs that use this ice surface.

Since this concern about the $30k is a public disagreement, the association should publicize their accounting of this. AGMs never go in depth into accountability and parents who pay big registration fees have a right to know exactly what is going on.
WestKDad

Post by WestKDad »

TerriJ73 wrote:
WestKDad wrote:At the WKMHA AGM, all the money was accounted for. I was in attendance at the AGM and I commend Marnie for not speaking out in a public forum about WKMHA finances and making this discussion about something it should not be about. Kim is using the story of "unaccounted" funds as a distraction from the true story...which is his desire to put the Warriors above all other community programs. Please remember that WKMHA has spoken up. But this also impacts ringette, figure skating, public skating, CanSkate, and many other community programs that use this ice surface.

Since this concern about the $30k is a public disagreement, the association should publicize their accounting of this. AGMs never go in depth into accountability and parents who pay big registration fees have a right to know exactly what is going on.

It is not a public disagreement. If you are a member (meaning you have a son or daughter in WKMHA), you can go get the financial information upon request. But good financial stewardship would suggest WKMHA does not display this information in a public forum.

Kim is trying to divert the conversation to WKMHA recordkeeping as opposed to answering the questions about the impacts his decision has on youth sports.

Regardless, I have talked to 15 hockey parents who will not be supporting the Warriors this year. The damage is done and Kim does not even realize his error. A businessman looking at profits from one angle and not seeing the impact of "biting the hand that feeds you". What a comedy of errors this club has been since Kim took over.
TJSmith
Übergod

Post by TJSmith »

Can you post the details here about the $30k. The public should know.

It’s sad that all of these parties can’t collaborate. Maybe it’s time for new leadership on all sides.
WalterWhite
Lord of the Board

Post by WalterWhite »

TerriJ73 wrote:Can you post the details here about the $30k. The public should know.

It’s sad that all of these parties can’t collaborate. Maybe it’s time for new leadership on all sides.

Specific financial details of the WKMHA are not a public matter to be discussed here
dorito
Fledgling

Post by dorito »

TerriJ73 wrote:

WestKDad wrote:It is not a public disagreement. If you are a member (meaning you have a son or daughter in WKMHA), you can go get the financial information upon request. But good financial stewardship would suggest WKMHA does not display this information in a public forum.

Kim is trying to divert the conversation to WKMHA recordkeeping as opposed to answering the questions about the impacts his decision has on youth sports.

Regardless, I have talked to 15 hockey parents who will not be supporting the Warriors this year. The damage is done and Kim does not even realize his error. A businessman looking at profits from one angle and not seeing the impact of "biting the hand that feeds you". What a comedy of errors this club has been since Kim took over.

WKMH is gaining 34 hours of ice including Tuesday evenings for practices and many more Sundays. There are a total of 6 Saturday evening 6pm starts that would potentially affect minor sports. WKMH is not the only other user of the ice. The Warriors are tyring to attract all members of the community, including those with younger children to earlier games.

You state that Dobranksi thinks he's the centre of the universe, but you are making WKMH the centre of the ice time at JL and RLP.

As for the $30,000 in question, it is very legitimate concern. There are also gaming rules governing what 50/50 funds can be used for.

The Warriors are not out to screw WKMH. They are trying to be inclusive to all of West Kelowna.
Last edited by WalterWhite on Jul 9th, 2019, 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed Improper Quoting
TJSmith
Übergod

Post by TJSmith »

WalterWhite wrote:
TerriJ73 wrote:Can you post the details here about the $30k. The public should know.

Specific financial details of the WKMHA are not a public matter to be discussed here

Usually AGM minutes and financial information for non-profits are available to all members/registrants and sometimes even the public.
Hassel99
Lord of the Board

Post by Hassel99 »

Wait, why are people mad the kids are getting 34 more hours of hockey?

And I agree, non profits normal publish financial information.
I bet CRA gets a friendly nudge after all this drama.
TJSmith
Übergod

Post by TJSmith »

Hassel99 wrote:Wait, why are people mad the kids are getting 34 more hours of hockey?

And I agree, non profits normal publish financial information.
I bet CRA gets a friendly nudge after all this drama.

Agreed. If there is a dispute over a large sum of money, it’s strange that no action is taken to prove the funds have been spent or used appropriately.
TJSmith
Übergod

Post by TJSmith »

Spoke with about 20 families in Westside and Rutland who look forward to supporting the Warriors this year.

Return to “Sports / Great Outdoors”