BC Housing says their data does not show a rise in problems

tantor
Board Meister

BC Housing says their data does not show a rise in problems

Post by tantor »

Well then they are obviously data collecting from the inside of their office with the door closed, blinds drawn, eyes closed, phone turned off and ear plugs in! Give me a break already. If they are talking with BC Ambulance Service, the local RCMP and the local Fire Department then their is no way in hell that their data would not show a rise in every imaginable area of concern. Every business around here is straight up sick and tired of the trespassing, vandalism, theft, OD's, panhandling, drug deals, garbage, used needles, sirens, loitering and having to call the RCMP multiple times every week. Many of us who started out supporting the housing projects have done a complete 180 and we are sick and tired of it! Perhaps BC housing would like to get the bill for the holes cut in the local businesses fences every week. It's costing thousands of dollars to local businesses, but I guess we are just imagining that. I guess we are just imagining having to spend much more money on security. I guess we are just imagining having to pick up used needles and having to pay to have garbage cans, ash trays and locks constantly repaired!
It's time BC Housing quit with their lies as no one has come by our businesses collecting any data what so ever. How about you local residents? Has anyone from BC Housing come by your homes collecting any data? I think not! So were exactly is their data coming from? Seems to me that Anne Howard sticks her head out the door licks her finger and holds it in the wind to check the barometer of the areas problems and concerns.
The city is absolutely complicit in being involved in the area with local business unless of course it pertains to ever rising property tax they demand for property they are driving down the value on with their poorly thought out projects.
Here is some data for you BC Housing, the pendulum is starting to swing back the other way. We have had time enough to see the content of your empty promises. We have had experience enough of what these projects have brought to the neighborhood! Now when you bring another poorly thought out wet project to an area with schools and parks near by, we promise you that we will be their with the rest of the community to hold your feet to the fire when the worst happens.
You still have the option to make these dry facilities to mitigate the bulk of the problems and show the community that you actual care about everyone involved. Not just those who don't want to get off of the drugs that are killing them and destroying the local businesses and neighborhoods. If you are not willing to do that, I suggest you change your name to BC Enabling. At least you would have credibility in your name as you have none with your claims of data.
Trixster
Banned

Re: BC Housing says their data does not show a rise in probl

Post by Trixster »

tantor wrote:Well then they are obviously data collecting from the inside of their office with the door closed, blinds drawn, eyes closed, phone turned off and ear plugs in! Give me a break already. If they are talking with BC Ambulance Service, the local RCMP and the local Fire Department then their is no way in hell that their data would not show a rise in every imaginable area of concern. Every business around here is straight up sick and tired of the trespassing, vandalism, theft, OD's, panhandling, drug deals, garbage, used needles, sirens, loitering and having to call the RCMP multiple times every week. Many of us who started out supporting the housing projects have done a complete 180 and we are sick and tired of it! Perhaps BC housing would like to get the bill for the holes cut in the local businesses fences every week. It's costing thousands of dollars to local businesses, but I guess we are just imagining that. I guess we are just imagining having to spend much more money on security. I guess we are just imagining having to pick up used needles and having to pay to have garbage cans, ash trays and locks constantly repaired!
It's time BC Housing quit with their lies as no one has come by our businesses collecting any data what so ever. How about you local residents? Has anyone from BC Housing come by your homes collecting any data? I think not! So were exactly is their data coming from? Seems to me that Anne Howard sticks her head out the door licks her finger and holds it in the wind to check the barometer of the areas problems and concerns.
The city is absolutely complicit in being involved in the area with local business unless of course it pertains to ever rising property tax they demand for property they are driving down the value on with their poorly thought out projects.
Here is some data for you BC Housing, the pendulum is starting to swing back the other way. We have had time enough to see the content of your empty promises. We have had experience enough of what these projects have brought to the neighborhood! Now when you bring another poorly thought out wet project to an area with schools and parks near by, we promise you that we will be their with the rest of the community to hold your feet to the fire when the worst happens.
You still have the option to make these dry facilities to mitigate the bulk of the problems and show the community that you actual care about everyone involved. Not just those who don't want to get off of the drugs that are killing them and destroying the local businesses and neighborhoods. If you are not willing to do that, I suggest you change your name to BC Enabling. At least you would have credibility in your name as you have none with your claims of data.

Bc Housing and the John Howard Society along with the Journey Home Task Force are straight up LIARS! Gaelene Askeland is the biggest one of them all.
voice of reason
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by voice of reason »

no big surprise.they would never admit any wrong doing on their own behalf. no one ever investigates themselves and finds themselves guilty
Trixster
Banned

Post by Trixster »

voice of reason wrote:no big surprise.they would never admit any wrong doing on their own behalf. no one ever investigates themselves and finds themselves guilty

Since Cornerstone ( run by the john howard society ) opened up in December of 2017 crime in the downtown core and surrounding areas went up dramatically. Since Hearthstone on commerce ave opened up ( run by the john howard society ) and Heath House a few short blocks away ( run by the cmha ) and new gate on rutland rd changed from a dry facility to a wet facility recently ( run by the john howard society ) crime in these areas have skyrocketed!
voice of reason
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by voice of reason »

Trixster wrote:
voice of reason wrote:no big surprise.they would never admit any wrong doing on their own behalf. no one ever investigates themselves and finds themselves guilty

Since Cornerstone ( run by the john howard society ) opened up in December of 2017 crime in the downtown core and surrounding areas went up dramatically. Since Hearthstone on commerce ave opened up ( run by the john howard society ) and Heath House a few short blocks away ( run by the cmha ) and new gate on rutland rd changed from a dry facility to a wet facility recently ( run by the john howard society ) crime in these areas have skyrocketed!

obviously but did you think BC housing would be admitting that in their own report?they are going to spin that to paint themselves in a good light
Country plough boy
Übergod

Post by Country plough boy »

Appears these groups are all enemies of common sense. Amazing we have signs in parks saying do not feed geese. Yet what do we do with our lazy useless junkies ? Feed them house them clothe them. Provide them with a bus pass. Give them doctors and lawyers. Free heroin now for some.
We were doing better with the sign
Country plough boy
Übergod

I feel this should be a provincial problem. Build the sites in Victoria
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

Country plough boy wrote:I feel this should be a provincial problem. Build the sites in Victoria

Why did you choose that particular site?
Bring back the LIKE button.
Country plough boy
Übergod

Because the province seems determined to put them in residential areas. Business areas etc. Let the people who work in government deal with it. Build 2 one on either side of the legislature grounds. Build another one next to Horgans place.
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

Country plough boy wrote:Because the province seems determined to put them in residential areas. Business areas etc. Let the people who work in government deal with it. Build 2 one on either side of the legislature grounds. Build another one next to Horgans place.

So, what you are saying is, "Throw the garbage in somebody else's yard, just because they have a nice yard?" By the time one of these things could be built Horgan will no longer be in power, but he will take all of his earnings and move somewhere else?
Because the province seems determined

Appearances can be deceiving. Since it is the CoK that has offered up the land and services, not the province.
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

Is there a link to this so called study?
Of course they are going to say not a problem at all. Thanks
Just checked their website, then have .. drum roll a " Research Centre" slight eye roll
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

normaM wrote:Is there a link to this so called study?
Of course they are going to say not a problem at all. Thanks
Just checked their website, then have .. drum roll a " Research Centre" slight eye roll

I am with Norma.

I too would like to see this "study".
hobbyguy
Buddha of the Board

Post by hobbyguy »

All of the credible studies I can find are only show that "dry" facilities, which the community had more or less accepted, do not cause significant problems.

There was one that showed a minimal impact with alcohol abuse, but that is a different kettle of fish, as alcohol is legally available and is not associated with the high cost illegal drug culture of theft, violent drug dealers etc.

The drug addicted folks will still need to buy their illegal drugs at exorbitant prices. The drug dealers will find ready markets for their poisons in these hubs of illegal activity. The neighborhood will have to worry about sharps, crossfire with drug dealers, etc. plus the addicted folks looking for stuff to steal to pay for their next hit.

BC Housing is hiding all of that garbage behind phony stats from dry facilities.

I was fine with the dry facility. But the stupid BC NDP clown car has fluffed that all up. Now I am not fine with ANY facility put there, as you never know when an idiot like Selina Robinson will sweep in and flip it wet.

I note that AFTER this gong show to export junkies from downtown was announced, the city put a large piece of property up for sale in downtown. What the heck? Why isn't this wet facility being built as part of THAT development? Because the stuck up idiots we have for a council want to stick THEIR drug problem on Rutland. Well Basran and crew can stuff it!
Last edited by hobbyguy on Jul 7th, 2019, 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The middle path - everything in moderation, and everything in its time and order.
TJSmith
Übergod

Post by TJSmith »

A public sector ministry spinning a report? Impossible
Mark1111
Board Meister

Post by Mark1111 »

Trixster wrote:

Trixter do you know when New Gate was switched to a wet facility?
If you want to test a man's character, give him power.
A. Lincoln

Return to “Central Okanagan”