Wet facilities should be affordable housing not for druggies

Tns67.100

Wet facilities should be affordable housing not for druggies

Post by Tns67.100 »

There are many people screaming for affordable housing, but our governing bodies just want to give to drug addicts. People who don’t contribute to society at all get everything handed to them, including free drugs.

People who are working (productive members of society) but need affordable housing, the elders who worked all their lives, the young moms leaving a bad situation, go screw yourselves.

Seems people have their priorities mixed up.

I don’t want to help anyone who isn’t trying to help themselves and I resent you snowflakes (bleeding hearts) for making me pay for it.

Stop with the drugs, stop with the wet facilities, just stop...start giving a hand to the people who need it the most the moms with kids needing a safe place, and the elderly.

I’ve noticed that since the bleeding hearts started “helping” the addicts with their free drugs and free housing, the problem has gotten worse not better!
voice of reason
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: Wet facilities should be affordable housing not for drug

Post by voice of reason »

there is never any programs for the working poor. the people who make minumum wage or close to it struggle hard .these are the people using the food bank to get by. if they want to build subsidized housing why not for the working man? why not for veterans or seniors.there are so many more segments of society who could use help. none of these groups would terrorize the neighborhood and all of them have contributed to society through taxation . i guess there is no political gain to be had by helping the regular folks
dudemeiser

Post by dudemeiser »

BC Housing is kicking people out of their homes.

People who are struggling on their own, with out asking or receiving any assistance.

Then they ask these same citizens to support new tenants, in the form of taxes, to house them in an environment that enables these new tenant's ongoing aberrant and antisocial behaviors.

What, exactly is this Supportive Housing initiative supporting?
artistwithaflare
Board Meister

Post by artistwithaflare »

What, exactly is this Supportive Housing initiative supporting?

The initiative is to make as much money as possible while taking claim to helping those in need.
Non Profit is big business !
Supportive Housing's motto is to 'Meet them where they are at and support them"
It's Club Med!
$20.00/hr. to babysit the worst kids in town.
No wonder there's a big turn around in staff and not much turn around with addicts.
Just say it as it is!
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

artistwithaflare wrote:What, exactly is this Supportive Housing initiative supporting?

The initiative is to make as much money as possible while taking claim to helping those in need.
Non Profit is big business !
Supportive Housing's motto is to 'Meet them where they are at and support them"
It's Club Med!
$20.00/hr. to babysit the worst kids in town.
No wonder there's a big turn around in staff and not much turn around with addicts.

exactly...............
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Mike Br.
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Mike Br. »

Just put me for one week in power, and these "homeless" would scatter like cockroaches in first light.
I mince no words. Spare me political correctness and platitudes!
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

so what now 13,000 more signatures to put a stop to this poop show https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#260855 jhs will be running this one so you know it will be a gong show
Last edited by the truth on Jul 12th, 2019, 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
pieinthei
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by pieinthei »

Mike Br. wrote:Just put me for one week in power, and these "homeless" would scatter like cockroaches in first light.

at least cockroaches have enough self pride to build their own home, and work... :cuss: :swear: :cuss: :swear:
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

pieinthei wrote:
Mike Br. wrote:Just put me for one week in power, and these "homeless" would scatter like cockroaches in first light.

at least cockroaches have enough self pride to build their own home, and work... :cuss: :swear: :cuss: :swear:

AND they live on scraps that nobody else wants.
Bring back the LIKE button.
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

:topic:
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown

Return to “Central Okanagan”