Pop up pooper

Scrobins94
Generalissimo Postalot

Re: Pop up pooper

Post by Scrobins94 »

Anonymous123 wrote:
cv23 wrote:Aren't the new "public" washrooms at Tourist Information Center enough washrooms on Queensway?

Don’t forget the washrooms under the Bear sculpture.

Tried those. The hours are posted whoever is supposed to open them is always late.
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

Well, it's official.....the loo is a go.

Does city council EVER ask the residents for their opinion on spending tax money? Maybe, there will need to be highly publicized, petition, gathering over 14,000 signatures, before they even second guess or question their own decisions?
https://www.castanet.net/news/Kelowna/2 ... y-loo-a-go

CLEAN version.
Bring back the LIKE button.
spooker

Post by spooker »

alanjh595 wrote:Well, it's official.....the loo is a go.

Does city council EVER ask the residents for their opinion on spending tax money? Maybe, there will need to be highly publicized, petition, gathering over 14,000 signatures, before they even second guess or question their own decisions?

I bet if you asked the residents who are waiting for the Queensway bus loop when the call of nature comes along they'd be all for the addition resources ... could setup a petition collection point right there and get plenty of "for" signatures :)
RustyCrayon
Board Meister

Post by RustyCrayon »

"That space will finally be filled with what director of community safety Lance Kayfish believes will be an "animated space" centred around a unique "pop-up washroom."

Oh it will be an animated space alright.... :crazy:
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

spooker wrote:
alanjh595 wrote:Well, it's official.....the loo is a go.

I bet if you asked the residents who are waiting for the Queensway bus loop when the call of nature comes along they'd be all for the addition resources ... could setup a petition collection point right there and get plenty of "for" signatures :)

What did they do before today?
Is there a petition asking for this? Is there that much of a demand?
Bus riders and even passerby's get a free pooper at their convenience, but motorists have to pay for parking, IF there is a spot available, or "clench it and wait for one to become available......in the very small parking lot.
just popping in
Lord of the Board

Post by just popping in »

Mayor Colin Basran said while the project is something that's needed downtown, the real story is the opportunity afforded to the PEOPLE program.

We have heard cities in the United States saying if you are homeless, we will provide you with employment opportunities, he said.

"This is our way to start to contribute in that manner."

And I am sure those who graduated the PEOPLE program are thrilled to be looking after it.
I would think the City could contribute more fitting opportunities.
John Crawford
Fledgling

Post by John Crawford »

this is what you get, when you allow the lunatics to run the asylum.
it does not get any crazier than this (does it?) they dont give a SH!$$ about using our tax dollars.

I am grateful to Songwriters: George Harrison and Sony/ATV Music Publishing

substitute, city taxman for taxman

Let me tell you how it will be
There's one for you, nineteen for me
'Cause I'm the taxman, yeah, I'm the taxman
Should five per cent appear too small
Be thankful I don't take it all
'Cause I'm the taxman, yeah I'm the taxman
If you drive a car, I'll tax the street,
If you try to sit, I'll tax your seat.
If you get too cold I'll tax the heat,
If you take a walk, I'll tax your feet.
Don't ask me what I want it for
If you don't want to pay some more
Now my advice for those who die
Declare the pennies on your eyes
And you're working for no one but me.
John Crawford
Fledgling

Post by John Crawford »

if the Bus passengers and people using Queens way are in such dire need they cannot walk to Stuart Park or the Visitors center why not hire a local company this is off their website

Interior Portable Rentals! We have been proud to service British Columbia’s Okanagan Valley and the Interior from Penticton to Vernon for well over 25 years. We are the proud Winner of Kelowna’s 2014 Small Business of the Year! When the topic of what goes down, comes up, we are committed to being the best at meeting your needs – our bottom line is providing the best for your bottom!

Im sure they would be cheaper over a three month period.
motokelowna1
Übergod

Post by motokelowna1 »

Nice to see all ahead full underturd.
vinnied
Lord of the Board

Post by vinnied »

John Crawford wrote:if the Bus passengers and people using Queens way are in such dire need they cannot walk to Stuart Park or the Visitors center why not hire a local company this is off their website

Interior Portable Rentals! We have been proud to service British Columbia’s Okanagan Valley and the Interior from Penticton to Vernon for well over 25 years. We are the proud Winner of Kelowna’s 2014 Small Business of the Year! When the topic of what goes down, comes up, we are committed to being the best at meeting your needs – our bottom line is providing the best for your bottom!

Im sure they would be cheaper over a three month period.

From what I understand, They already tried that in another area downtown. The Junkies literally destroyed it.
[(4-Hydroxybutyl)azanediyl]di(hexane-6,1-diyl) bis(2-hexyldecanoate), ALC-0315 equivalent, is a ionizable, physiological pH cationic synthetic lipid that is used with other lipids to form lipid nanoparticles(LNP) for drug delivery, For research use only.
spooker

Post by spooker »

And based on the latest info it will be plumbed into the water/sewer so it won't have that "portable" feel to it ...
JayByrd
Lord of the Board

Post by JayByrd »

Some people waiting for the bus might appreciate not having a 10 minute + return trip if they need to use the head. That seems to me that it could cause one to miss their bus. But I don't take the bus so what do I know.
When someone says they pay taxes, you know they're about to be an ******e.
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

It will be really handy for the drivers.

It just might bring their working conditions in compliance with OHS and Worksafe.
featfan
Guru

Post by featfan »

There are also public washrooms in City Hall.

Return to “Central Okanagan”