Tolko

Gixxer
Lord of the Board

Re: Tolko

Post by Gixxer »

Really hmmmm have a link to this information?
60-YEARS-in-Ktown
Guru

Post by 60-YEARS-in-Ktown »

TMBOkanagan wrote:
Gixxer wrote:He still works for Tolko and has a secure job. Again he doesn't have a reason to make this up.

Perhaps he is misinformed then. A simple search through BC Assessment or Land Titles shows that Tolko owns ALL of the land and has for 30+ years.

I think most are forgetting that Guy Street and maybe one more, might revert back to being Streets again. The first time I entered that site was around 1960, and it looked a tad different then... :D
I'd like to help You OUT,
Which way did You come in??
TMBOkanagan
Fledgling

Post by TMBOkanagan »

Gixxer wrote:Really hmmmm have a link to this information?

Sure - you can look up the BC Assessment website yourself using a search engine called "google". And if you want to pull the land title you can apply for a BC Online account and have access to any land title in the City that you like for a fee.
Anonymous123
Lord of the Board

Post by Anonymous123 »

TMBOkanagan wrote:
Gixxer wrote:Really hmmmm have a link to this information?

Sure - you can look up the BC Assessment website yourself using a search engine called "google". And if you want to pull the land title you can apply for a BC Online account and have access to any land title in the City that you like for a fee.

Are you saying you paid for this information in order to contribute to an online forum?
Be careful when you follow the masses.
Sometimes the M is silent
Gixxer
Lord of the Board

Post by Gixxer »

TMBOkanagan wrote:

Right thanks tips for that useful piece of information. Do you have anything to add to the conversation other than smug comments?

Here's the problem with your comment and the poster I was responding to. They said I was wrong and a simple search of BC assessment proves me wrong. They stated that as fact. I asked them for a link to support their statement and facts. Its not on me to fact check their statement. It would be like me saying unicorns are real prove me wrong. There's this great website Google look it up for yourself.

Because no one can provide a link to support their statement I can only assume they haven't checked for themselves. I tried Googling but couldn't find the address for the specific mill site. So Ill ask anyone on here whats the address of the site
Anonymous123
Lord of the Board

Post by Anonymous123 »

BE614366-18E4-4FF7-B1D7-93D49453713E.png

This will help
Gixxer
Lord of the Board

Post by Gixxer »

Correct me if Im wrong but the site is made up of 4 parcels of land?
Attachments
Screenshot_20200210-162814_Chrome.jpg
Anonymous123
Lord of the Board

Post by Anonymous123 »

I guess. I’m just providing the address as requested.
bernie428
Board Meister

Post by bernie428 »

Gixxer wrote:Correct me if Im wrong but the site is made up of 4 parcels of land?

The log yard in under the pop up window.
LANDM
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LANDM »

Gixxer wrote:He still works for Tolko and has a secure job. Again he doesn't have a reason to make this up.

But, he can still be misinformed.
You and 71 others Like this post
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

I am willing to predict the yard has not been paved for its entire history, got to wonder how much oil contaminated dirt will be found under the pavement.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Gixxer
Lord of the Board

Post by Gixxer »

LANDM wrote:But, he can still be misinformed.

Yes its possible he's been misinformed, or he could be correct, and the know it alls on here could be wrong.

From the BC assessment map it looks like the site is made up of a 4 lots. Can anyone confirm that Tolko owns all 4 lots?
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by 1791 »

GordonH wrote:I am willing to predict the yard has not been paved for its entire history, got to wonder how much oil contaminated dirt will be found under the pavement.

Who cares ? Dig it out and replace with gravel. Going to be a lot of work done there before we get condos. They will be digging foundations after all. Wont be hard to remove the oily soil.
60-YEARS-in-Ktown
Guru

Post by 60-YEARS-in-Ktown »

The test holes will identify problem areas. Then if they find stuff, more test holes. Not a problem we have to worry about.
The street by the store, it used to go right through, not sure what happens with that street.
I'd like to help You OUT,
Which way did You come in??
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by 1791 »

Or just save drilling. Dig it and truck it out. Replace with clean fill

Return to “Central Okanagan”