5 Minute Smashing Spree

spooker

Re: 5 Minute Smashing Spree

Post by spooker »

masen wrote:I would like to know how anyone under the age of 19 could get liquor? That is called underage drinking. Are Canadian laws or this case BC laws a complete joke, then why have them? A law that isn't enforced must be a stupid law written by stupid people for stupid people. It is the same for the drug law, almost exactly. No wonder mental insanity is going up dramatically when we talk out of both sides of our mouths. Enforce laws or throw them out.

At age 13 I tried out the hard bar in my own house ...

When I was 16 I worked at a restaurant which served fajitas flaming ... used Bicardi 151 to light it up ... sometimes when cleaning the table all of the rum hadn't been drained ... guess who cleaned up the leftovers? (you get one guess :up: )

If kids want something they will find a way to get it ... if they do everything their parents say and only that then those kids have had their spirit broken, which I would consider sad ... it's just a matter of making sure when the kids go off the deep end they don't get too stupid
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

just popping in wrote:15, intoxicated, destructive, 1 a.m. -- parents need to get this boy some help.

unless he learned it from his parents
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

all i can say is when my kids were 15 they were in bed sleeping, why is this 15 year old g oof doing out at 1am drunk, dead beat parents that's what
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

motokelowna1 wrote:I believe in the strap then the stock and lots of rotten fruit .

In my opinion the downward spiral of juveniles began when the strap was removed from school, and these days as a parent, if you resort to the strap or a belt, rest assured you'll have more explaining to do than the delinquent kid, and all the kids know this full well.
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

the truth wrote:all i can say is when my kids were 15 they were in bed sleeping, why is this 15 year old g oof doing out at 1am drunk, dead beat parents that's what

Yeah and that was what back in the stone age?

You'd be delusional, if you think kids haven't ever snuck out of the house, without their parent's permission or approval, regardless of era.
Walking Wounded
Übergod

Post by Walking Wounded »

Urban Cowboy wrote:
the truth wrote:all i can say is when my kids were 15 they were in bed sleeping, why is this 15 year old g oof doing out at 1am drunk, dead beat parents that's what

You'd be delusional, if you think kids haven't ever snuck out of the house, without their parent's permission or approval, regardless of era.

I agree, most kids will sneak out of the house and do some stupid stuff, myself included. Never ever in a million years would we ever think about doing the kind of damage this kid has done. Seriously this kid needs to work off the $10000 in damages he has caused. Either working at the business he vandalized or working somewhere else and his entire pay cheque going to the business owner until it’s all paid off. This punk kid needs to learn there are consequences to his actions, he will never learn that if there is no punishment.
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

They should put him on Downtown cleanup control, picking up trash and human waste from the homeless, as punishment for the crime, along with working for the business he vandalized until he's earned the cost of repairs.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

Urban Cowboy wrote:

ya guess what some kids are good kids, sad to see you do not believe that
stuphoto
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by stuphoto »

He probably thought that the homeless would take the blame instead of him.

As for Okanagan Spirits,
Nice owners, and good friendly workers.
If you have a chance to visit their distillery in Vernon you would most likely be impressed.
Whyme2
Übergod

Post by Whyme2 »

1791 wrote:15 yr old kids make mistakes. God knows i made plenty at that age. Hope he works off the 10k. Might find himself welcomed into society just by owning up to what he done . Making it right with the owner .

I say cut the kid some slack due to his age. Make him pay for the damage. Maybe a yrs worth of curfew too

I’ll be sure to hug a tree in the morning if that makes you feel better too! Really?
Making a mistake is not going ape *bleep* in a store and causing $10,000 in damage just for the hell of it.
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by 1791 »

Whyme2 wrote:
1791 wrote:15 yr old kids make mistakes. God knows i made plenty at that age. Hope he works off the 10k. Might find himself welcomed into society just by owning up to what he done . Making it right with the owner .

I say cut the kid some slack due to his age. Make him pay for the damage. Maybe a yrs worth of curfew too

I’ll be sure to hug a tree in the morning if that makes you feel better too! Really?
Making a mistake is not going ape *bleep* in a store and causing $10,000 in damage just for the hell of it.

He is 15 yrs old. The law will do less than i suggested. What exactly do you suggest. Thanks for making me the bad guy.
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

:-X Don't start making this personal. Stay on topic.
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
60-YEARS-in-Ktown
Guru

Post by 60-YEARS-in-Ktown »

[/quote]

You'd be delusional, if you think kids haven't ever snuck out of the house, without their parent's permission or approval, regardless of era.[/quote]

ya guess what some kids are good kids, sad to see you do not believe that[/quote]

Jeepers man , what do you want, a medal ?
All kids are good kids till they are not...
I'd like to help You OUT,
Which way did You come in??
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

my god a medal-really-
some of you peoples parenting standard's are pretty low
DetectivePikachu
Board Meister

Post by DetectivePikachu »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Aug 15th, 2019, 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Making it personal

Return to “Central Okanagan”