Worst Ministry?

TJSmith
Übergod

Re: Worst Ministry?

Post by TJSmith »

1791 wrote:Is there a good ministry.

Lets go through a short list. Ministry of child and family services. The ones who let those 2 managers steal all the kids money ?

Ministey of justice. No comment needed

Ministry of education LOL.

Ministry of health. Look at the hospital. Its busting at the seams. No where to park. Beds in hallways. Etc.

Ministry of energy. Well in BC this one is a total joke.

Ministry of environment. Another total joke. Puts people out of work while not doing much for the environment.

Ministry of transport. The folks who gave us that long parking lot called hwy 97

Then you have all the kid touchers in the faith based ministries.

Can not think of anything that is good and also a ministry.

Forgot about the guy who stole from kids. Isn’t that guy in jail now?
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by 1791 »

I think he is wanted by police and whereabouts unknown. Could be wrong. Have not heard of him showing up for court or anything like that.
voice of reason
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by voice of reason »

JayByrd wrote:Ministry of Social Development and Poverty Reduction.

I don't see it as lumping people in together. People receiving financial assistance for whatever reason, simply deal with the same office to receive it. To me it's no different than using the same bank, same hospital, etc. Why stigmatize the reasons that people receive assistance?

what are they doing to reduce poverty
JayByrd
Lord of the Board

Post by JayByrd »

voice of reason wrote:what are they doing to reduce poverty

I couldn't say. I have been to the office a handful of times, assisting persons who need support to access services. I've never received those services myself though.
When someone says they pay taxes, you know they're about to be an ******e.
coffeeFreak
Guru

Post by coffeeFreak »

JayByrd wrote:Ministry of Social Development and Poverty Reduction.

I don't see it as lumping people in together. People receiving financial assistance for whatever reason, simply deal with the same office to receive it. To me it's no different than using the same bank, same hospital, etc. Why stigmatize the reasons that people receive assistance?

JayByrd, The reality is, society does stigmatize people on "welfare"...we've read countless comments on this forum and all over social media about the attitudes directed at this group of people. Those who are disability should not have to take a number and stand in same line as those collecting "welfare". Can you imagine if veterans, seniors or even those applying for EI were treated the same way BC treats its disabled?
TJSmith
Übergod

Post by TJSmith »

MCFD must be the worst.
Last edited by TJSmith on Aug 29th, 2019, 8:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gilchy
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Gilchy »

Because the ministry provides financial assistance to a number of people, including those who qualify for disability assistance? Seems like the stigma is being placed upon it externally by false moral pearl clutchers.
TJSmith
Übergod

Post by TJSmith »

Gilchy wrote:Because the ministry provides financial assistance to a number of people, including those who qualify for disability assistance? Seems like the stigma is being placed upon it externally by false moral pearl clutchers.

Most, if not all stigmatizations, are due to internal and external forces within society.
Hassel99
Lord of the Board

Post by Hassel99 »

Note sure what the worst ministry is, but "Jesus built my Hot-rod" is by far the best Ministry. :biggrin:
TJSmith
Übergod

Post by TJSmith »

Hassel99 wrote:Note sure what the worst ministry is, but "Jesus built my Hot-rod" is by far the best Ministry. :biggrin:

Nice!
miss_sterious
Fledgling

Post by miss_sterious »

The reason we have such massive issues with our various ministries, is because they have become giant beaurocracies, leaving very little money to serve the public once our taxes funnel through. I believe that most of them should become privatized. Free markets generate competition in the marketplace which generates lower prices, less wasted jobs, and innovation. Not only do we have a no-competition environment in our country, we also have corruption occurring at the highest levels. Look at LASIK eye surgery...one of the few privatize medical services; prices have come down drastically, there is no problem finding a doctor to perform it, and it is continually being innovated/improved.

Our government is turning Canada into a massive welfare state, where 60% of our hard earned money goes to the government. They even ‘give back’ a portion to families (much like a welfare cheque)...creating even higher taxes and cost of living and in turn dependency on the welfare.
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by 1791 »

miss_sterious wrote:The reason we have such massive issues with our various ministries, is because they have become giant beaurocracies, leaving very little money to serve the public once our taxes funnel through. I believe that most of them should become privatized. Free markets generate competition in the marketplace which generates lower prices, less wasted jobs, and innovation. Not only do we have a no-competition environment in our country, we also have corruption occurring at the highest levels. Look at LASIK eye surgery...one of the few privatize medical services; prices have come down drastically, there is no problem finding a doctor to perform it, and it is continually being innovated/improved.

Our government is turning Canada into a massive welfare state, where 60% of our hard earned money goes to the government. They even ‘give back’ a portion to families (much like a welfare cheque)...creating even higher taxes and cost of living and in turn dependency on the welfare.

Thank you miss sterious.
Gilchy
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Gilchy »

miss_sterious wrote:The reason we have such massive issues with our various ministries, is because they have become giant beaurocracies, leaving very little money to serve the public once our taxes funnel through. I believe that most of them should become privatized. Free markets generate competition in the marketplace which generates lower prices, less wasted jobs, and innovation. Not only do we have a no-competition environment in our country, we also have corruption occurring at the highest levels. Look at LASIK eye surgery...one of the few privatize medical services; prices have come down drastically, there is no problem finding a doctor to perform it, and it is continually being innovated/improved.

Most government ministries and organizations are public specifically because the objective isn't profit. How do you privatize disability and EI?

The US has private health care, and that certainly hasn't led to lower prices or less wasted jobs.
Mtn Biker
Übergod

Post by Mtn Biker »

Here is a thought. It did not take long or reading many posts to see that the theme remains the same. I ask, why do government ran agencies seem to be the worst to deal with? My position is that our governments should be hiring and promoting the best of the best. That in order to gain one of these well paying, great benefits, solid pension jobs you must have a solid work ethic, great communication skills and some f’n empathy. My dealings with a few of these agencies, particularly IHA has been beyond frustrating and makes me wonder why my tax dollars are being spent on useless, un-invested, dead weight do nothings. At KGH emerg, there are at least 10 support clerical staff, and 1 friggin Dr … for 40 beds … how is that possible??? I say we should start demanding that government workers start producing and living up to their wages and benefits we pay for or move along. Enough of the dead weight, tax dollar wasting oligarchies.
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

Mtn Biker wrote:Here is a thought. It did not take long or reading many posts to see that the theme remains the same. I ask, why do government ran agencies seem to be the worst to deal with? My position is that our governments should be hiring and promoting the best of the best. That in order to gain one of these well paying, great benefits, solid pension jobs you must have a solid work ethic, great communication skills and some f’n empathy. My dealings with a few of these agencies, particularly IHA has been beyond frustrating and makes me wonder why my tax dollars are being spent on useless, un-invested, dead weight do nothings. At KGH emerg, there are at least 10 support clerical staff, and 1 friggin Dr … for 40 beds … how is that possible??? I say we should start demanding that government workers start producing and living up to their wages and benefits we pay for or move along. Enough of the dead weight, tax dollar wasting oligarchies.

IHA isn't a ministry.. But they are "governed" by one ..

The Ministry of Health could use some tweaking no doubt , but that's unlikely to happen anytime soon.
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .

Return to “Central Okanagan”